BREAKING NEWS: Chiefs to release Larry Johnson

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Originally Posted by DOWNTOWN43

Originally Posted by Cant Nobody Stop Me

Im wondering if anyone will actually pick him up.

That's what I'm wondering also...he's a cancer who has had a TON of problems off the field...

this latest incident didn't help his cause....

I wouldn't be surprised to see the Pats pick him up tho....reclamation project like Corey Dillon...but Johnson is more of a head case
ehh... is he really that much of a headcase?

it seems like most of his actions in relation to football have been in an effort to piss of the Chiefs and get traded... so he's basically gotten what he wanted.

his only "headcase" deal is the assault thing from last year. and i didn't know he had another assault in '05, but okay.. 2 non-serious assaults, that's pretty much standard for most NFL players.

it's not really enough for me to call him a headcase. yeah, he looked bad while he was playing for the @%%%%* Chiefs organization.. but Larry Johnson doesn't seem like the type of guy who would tear down an already-established team.
Bro...how are you even going to suggest he's not a headcase with his track record around women?

per wiki

Johnson has been arrested four times since 2003 on various assault charges against women. In 2003, he was arrested for felony aggravated assault and misdemeanor domestic battery for waving a gun at his at-the-time girlfriend, during an argument at his home. The charges were dropped when Johnson agreed to participate in a domestic violence diversion program. In 2005, he was again arrested for assault when a woman accused Johnson of pushing her to the ground, but the case was dropped after the alleged victim failed to appear in court for three different hearings.

His third arrest for assault came on February 24, 2008, after allegedly pushing a woman's head at a nightclub on February 24.[sup][15][/sup] On October 10, 2008, Johnson was arrested for the fourth time and charged with one count of non-aggravated assault for allegedly spitting a drink in a woman's face at a Kansas City nightclub on Oct. 11.[sup][16][/sup] The woman involved, Ashley Stewart, has since filed a civil suit against Johnson, accusing him of negligence, assault and battery, intentional infliction of emotional distress and negligent infliction of emotional distress.[sup][17][/sup]

It was announced on Oct. 16, 2008, that Johnson would be deactivated for the October 19 game against the Tennessee Titans in response to violating an undisclosed team rule.[sup][18][/sup] The team said his suspension for this game was unrelated to the newest criminal investigation.
In March 2009 Johnson pleaded guilty to the two incidents in 2008 and was sentenced to two years probation.[19

a few of my boys have hooped w. him over at UMD, and this dude STAYS trying to throw hands when $%!# doesn't go his way....he's not all there.

Yup. Remember this SI article a few years ago?

Sarah McQueary winced when her glass patio door slid shut. Her husband, Ryan, had gone out to the backyard to grill some filets, and there she was, alone in her spacious living room with a sullen young football player slumped on her sofa. It had seemed like a good idea to the McQuearys--inviting their new neighbor, Larry Johnson, the Chiefs' rookie running back, to dinner on a September evening in 2003--but he had barely spoken a word since arriving. Now he sat stone-faced and silent.
Sarah asked how he liked Kansas City.

"Fine."

She asked how he was doing with the Chiefs.

"O.K."

Did he have a girlfriend?

"No."

Sarah's anxiety increased with every failed stab at conversation, and her discomfort didn't ease when Ryan rejoined them. The attempt to connect with Johnson so unnerved the outgoing couple that Ryan and Sarah, who normally enjoy a glass of wine apiece with dinner, put away nearly two bottles of cabernet. As the evening wound to an awkward close and Johnson prepared to leave, all the McQuearys could muster was an invitation that their door was always open if he needed anything.

Two weeks later they returned home from a shopping trip and heard a strange thumping in their basement. The noise grew louder as they hustled downstairs. When they glanced around a corner, there was their neighbor, Larry Johnson, jogging on their treadmill. He casually waved at Sarah and Ryan as though they were longtime pals.

It goes on about how he's a good guy and they became friends and all that bs, but...dude clearly has a few screws loose.

Originally Posted by JD617

That's what I'm wondering also...he's a cancer who has had a TON of problems off the field...

I wouldn't be surprised to see the Pats pick him up tho....reclamation project like Corey Dillon...but Johnson is more of a head case

it seems like most of his actions in relation to football have been in an effort to piss of the Chiefs and get traded... so he's basically gotten what he wanted.

his only "headcase" deal is the assault thing from last year. and i didn't know he had another assault in '05, but okay.. 2 non-serious assaults, that's pretty much standard for most NFL players.

it's not really enough for me to call him a headcase. yeah, he looked bad while he was playing for the @%%%%* Chiefs organization.. but Larry Johnson doesn't seem like the type of guy who would tear down an already-established team.
Bro...how are you even going to suggest he's not a headcase with his track record around women?

per wiki

Johnson has been arrested four times since 2003 on various assault charges against women. In 2003, he was arrested for felony aggravated assault and misdemeanor domestic battery for waving a gun at his at-the-time girlfriend, during an argument at his home. The charges were dropped when Johnson agreed to participate in a domestic violence diversion program. In 2005, he was again arrested for assault when a woman accused Johnson of pushing her to the ground, but the case was dropped after the alleged victim failed to appear in court for three different hearings.

His third arrest for assault came on February 24, 2008, after allegedly pushing a woman's head at a nightclub on February 24.[sup][15][/sup] On October 10, 2008, Johnson was arrested for the fourth time and charged with one count of non-aggravated assault for allegedly spitting a drink in a woman's face at a Kansas City nightclub on Oct. 11.[sup][16][/sup] The woman involved, Ashley Stewart, has since filed a civil suit against Johnson, accusing him of negligence, assault and battery, intentional infliction of emotional distress and negligent infliction of emotional distress.[sup][17][/sup]

It was announced on Oct. 16, 2008, that Johnson would be deactivated for the October 19 game against the Tennessee Titans in response to violating an undisclosed team rule.[sup][18][/sup] The team said his suspension for this game was unrelated to the newest criminal investigation.
In March 2009 Johnson pleaded guilty to the two incidents in 2008 and was sentenced to two years probation.[19

a few of my boys have hooped w. him over at UMD, and this dude STAYS trying to throw hands when $%!# doesn't go his way....he's not all there.

Sarah McQueary winced when her glass patio door slid shut. Her husband, Ryan, had gone out to the backyard to grill some filets, and there she was, alone in her spacious living room with a sullen young football player slumped on her sofa. It had seemed like a good idea to the McQuearys--inviting their new neighbor, Larry Johnson, the Chiefs' rookie running back, to dinner on a September evening in 2003--but he had barely spoken a word since arriving. Now he sat stone-faced and silent.

"Fine."

"O.K."

"No."

Sarah's anxiety increased with every failed stab at conversation, and her discomfort didn't ease when Ryan rejoined them. The attempt to connect with Johnson so unnerved the outgoing couple that Ryan and Sarah, who normally enjoy a glass of wine apiece with dinner, put away nearly two bottles of cabernet. As the evening wound to an awkward close and Johnson prepared to leave, all the McQuearys could muster was an invitation that their door was always open if he needed anything.

Two weeks later they returned home from a shopping trip and heard a strange thumping in their basement. The noise grew louder as they hustled downstairs. When they glanced around a corner, there was their neighbor, Larry Johnson, jogging on their treadmill. He casually waved at Sarah and Ryan as though they were longtime pals.

It goes on about how he's a good guy and they became friends and all that bs, but...dude clearly has a few screws loose.

roll.gif
roll.gif
What the *%%%? I never read that before... LJ is my dude but he's lost meon that one... hopefully he gets picked up somewhere... I think he has a few good seasons left in him especially in the wake of two-back systems... I thinkthat's what people are forgetting... most teams have a two-back system now so I think he could still be a factor somewhere... (hopefully not Oaklandbecause that's like just like being in KC... but hopefully NE)

I wouldn't mind picking him up. He could be the solution for our short yardage situations.

One fact though:

Carries this year:

Adrian Peterson: 138
Larry Johnson: 132

The Chiefs gave him every chance it seems like to succeed. Either that or they don't think Jamal Charles is gonna do it for them. But I don't see howgood you can be with that O-line.

Originally Posted by Hannybee

I wouldn't mind picking him up. He could be the solution for our short yardage situations.

One fact though:

Carries this year:

Adrian Peterson: 138
Larry Johnson: 132

The Chiefs gave him every chance it seems like to succeed. Either that or they don't think Jamal Charles is gonna do it for them. But I don't see how good you can be with that O-line.
They have not been good on the line since Larry began starting. Its only so long a guy can carry a line.

Originally Posted by HardWork919

Originally Posted by JD617

per wiki

"Fine."

"O.K."

"No."

roll.gif
roll.gif
What the *%%%? I never read that before... LJ is my dude but he's lost me on that one... hopefully he gets picked up somewhere... I think he has a few good seasons left in him especially in the wake of two-back systems... I think that's what people are forgetting... most teams have a two-back system now so I think he could still be a factor somewhere... (hopefully not Oakland because that's like just like being in KC... but hopefully NE)

roll.gif

can't tell me that he ain't on some "Bruh man" type steez....

neighbors when they see dude on treadmill: Larry, how u doing?

Larry: Nuttin...jus chillin'

ehh, im kinda glad he wont be able to break Priest Holmes all time rushing record.

it funny because breaking that record is what kept him going the past 2 seasons.

happy trails LJ. its Jamaal Charles time now.
pimp.gif

Dude's a clown. He'd rather pop off at the mouth than get some W's for a Chiefs team that is an embarassment to watch...besides that Larry Johnsonalso fell off. The guy is not the same running back he was 4 or 5 years ago...good riddance.

Originally Posted by taimaishu123

ehh, im kinda glad he wont be able to break Priest Holmes all time rushing record.

it funny because breaking that record is what kept him going the past 2 seasons.

happy trails LJ. its Jamaal Charles time now.
pimp.gif

eek.gif
roll.gif

Bears, ********, Texans Appear Interested In Johnson
10th November, 2009 - 12:00 am
ESPN - The ********, Bears and Texans all appear at least somewhat interested in signing Larry Johnson.

"Any player that's available, we look at," said Bears coach Lovie Smith. "That's been our standard policy throughout. That'll be thecase with Larry."

Houston coach Gary Kubiak agreed.

"When a name like that comes on the free agent market like today, we'll obviously go back and take a look at him just like any other player,"Kubiak said. "Obviously, he's been a good player in this league and I'm sure he'll get a lot of interest from a lot of people."

Originally Posted by CP3isdatruth

Bears, ********, Texans Appear Interested In Johnson
10th November, 2009 - 12:00 am
ESPN - The ********, Bears and Texans all appear at least somewhat interested in signing Larry Johnson.

"Any player that's available, we look at," said Bears coach Lovie Smith. "That's been our standard policy throughout. That'll be the case with Larry."

Houston coach Gary Kubiak agreed.

"When a name like that comes on the free agent market like today, we'll obviously go back and take a look at him just like any other player," Kubiak said. "Obviously, he's been a good player in this league and I'm sure he'll get a lot of interest from a lot of people."
Ryan Grant is still our starting RB
indifferent.gif

Call him or something
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom