BREAKING NEWS: Chiefs to release Larry Johnson

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Originally Posted by Cant Nobody Stop Me

Im wondering if anyone will actually pick him up.

That's what I'm wondering also...he's a cancer who has had a TON of problems off the field...

this latest incident didn't help his cause....

I wouldn't be surprised to see the Pats pick him up tho....reclamation project like Corey Dillon...but Johnson is more of a head case
ehh... is he really that much of a headcase?

it seems like most of his actions in relation to football have been in an effort to piss of the Chiefs and get traded... so he's basically gotten what hewanted.

his only "headcase" deal is the assault thing from last year. and i didn't know he had another assault in '05, but okay.. 2 non-seriousassaults, that's pretty much standard for most NFL players.

it's not really enough for me to call him a headcase. yeah, he looked bad while he was in the #%!@@+ Chiefs organization.. but Larry Johnson doesn'tseem like the type of guy who would tear down an already-established team.

Originally Posted by rillo561

Wouldn't mind if my Jets picked him up, after losing Leon.

Jets already got a younger Larry Johnson, Shonn Greene.

he`s only been in the league for a few years.

check his number of carries .. he had an insane workload those 2 Huge yrs he had
that $@+@ adds up

Shonn Greene did work for your team on Sunday. As for the return game for the Jets, they just signed Justin Miller for that.

Kind of agree that he more hated the Chiefs organization and would do anything to get them mad at him. Kind of childish

But he can still be really productive I think...New England....Philly

Originally Posted by DOWNTOWN43

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Originally Posted by Cant Nobody Stop Me

Im wondering if anyone will actually pick him up.

That's what I'm wondering also...he's a cancer who has had a TON of problems off the field...

this latest incident didn't help his cause....

I wouldn't be surprised to see the Pats pick him up tho....reclamation project like Corey Dillon...but Johnson is more of a head case
ehh... is he really that much of a headcase?

it seems like most of his actions in relation to football have been in an effort to piss of the Chiefs and get traded... so he's basically gotten what he wanted.

his only "headcase" deal is the assault thing from last year. and i didn't know he had another assault in '05, but okay.. 2 non-serious assaults, that's pretty much standard for most NFL players.

it's not really enough for me to call him a headcase. yeah, he looked bad while he was playing for the @%%%%* Chiefs organization.. but Larry Johnson doesn't seem like the type of guy who would tear down an already-established team.
Bro...how are you even going to suggest he's not a headcase with his track record around women?

per wiki

Johnson has been arrested four times since 2003 on various assault charges against women. In 2003, he was arrested for felony aggravated assault and misdemeanor domestic battery for waving a gun at his at-the-time girlfriend, during an argument at his home. The charges were dropped when Johnson agreed to participate in a domestic violence diversion program. In 2005, he was again arrested for assault when a woman accused Johnson of pushing her to the ground, but the case was dropped after the alleged victim failed to appear in court for three different hearings.

His third arrest for assault came on February 24, 2008, after allegedly pushing a woman's head at a nightclub on February 24.[sup][15][/sup] On October 10, 2008, Johnson was arrested for the fourth time and charged with one count of non-aggravated assault for allegedly spitting a drink in a woman's face at a Kansas City nightclub on Oct. 11.[sup][16][/sup] The woman involved, Ashley Stewart, has since filed a civil suit against Johnson, accusing him of negligence, assault and battery, intentional infliction of emotional distress and negligent infliction of emotional distress.[sup][17][/sup]

It was announced on Oct. 16, 2008, that Johnson would be deactivated for the October 19 game against the Tennessee Titans in response to violating an undisclosed team rule.[sup][18][/sup] The team said his suspension for this game was unrelated to the newest criminal investigation.
In March 2009 Johnson pleaded guilty to the two incidents in 2008 and was sentenced to two years probation.[19

a few of my boys have hooped w. him over at UMD, and this dude STAYS trying to throw hands when $%!# doesn't go his way....he's not all there.

Not surprising. To quote Rome, "twitter is like a loaded gun". Athletes have their chance to run their mouth and spout off anything they want withoutsomeone saying "think about it first". His attacks on the coach and gay slurs that followed just proved that point. Gotta think first, in allhonesty, a "fan" following on twitter got him released. What power

word DoubleJ, Larry Johnson = Lawrence Phillips with Parents.

If Larry had grew up in a group home, [big daddy kane]
smh.gif
mmmm mmm mmmm [/BDK]

LJ got some miles on those wheels. He can still be an effective downhill runner.

Slaton does have a fumbling problem
nerd.gif
but with that track record McNairmight not take a chance on that kind of situation.

Originally Posted by pacmagic2002

I say its between the Raiders, Seahawks, cowboys, Jags and Green Bay.
Huh?

Anyways, Larry just don't look like he's running the same anymore... Forget the OL, dude just doesn't look like he hits holes and explodes as hardas he did back when he was doin numbers... Like Gunna said, he had 450 touches one year and damn near 400 again the next...
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
That's a ton of hits and a ton of miles on those legs... And he'll be 30in a few weeks, and we know how that treats running backs...

He's worth a shot at the money he'll make, but I wouldn't put a ton of stock into it at this point...

Originally Posted by d0nt w0rry about it

Shonn Greene did work for your team on Sunday. As for the return game for the Jets, they just signed Justin Miller for that.

Greene scares me in protection, he did have a good game against the Raiders, but it's the Raiders.I think Larry can still be productive, especially withJones and Grenne.

laugh.gif
Anybody remember when Darren Sharper went in on dude on Twitter awhile back about his track record with women?

pacmagic2002 wrote:

I say its between the Raiders, Seahawks, cowboys, Jags and Green Bay.

We don't need him. We already have 3 good backs who we can't divide the touches up enough as it is

If u haven't seen this before, peep this read on LJ....

Another former Chiefs teammate, who asked to remain anonymous, said Johnson's problems go deeper than just simple distrust. Johnson's background -- his father, Larry Sr., is the defensive line coach at Penn State and his mother, Christine, is an educator -- probably plays a role as well.
"The thing about Larry is that he's great if you're dealing with him one-on-one," said the ex-teammate. "He's got good values and he's got a big heart. But where Larry has an issue is in the perception that comes with being a black guy who grew up middle-class. I always thought Larry was trying to prove himself to the guys who grew up worse off than him, that he was a street kid who knew about that life."

Link

Anybody remember when Darren Sharper went in on dude on Twitter awhile back about his track record with women?

laugh.gif
damn...I must have missed that....why did sharper go in on LJ? Homie musta slapped up gabrielle union or some ++*+
laugh.gif

I remember rumours about him and Jigga being ayo together for a while. Something about sharing an apartment in the trump. Highly doubt its true though.

This is from like August...
If you didn't already know, Larry Johnson has a new blog, complete with a ridiculous moving illustration of his likeness with blinging earrings. On this blog, L.J. has posted some interesting material, but yesterday he dropped his most interesting post to date. Apparently, fellow NFL star Darren Sharper has been hating on L.J. on Twitter. The problem is that Sharper's tweets are a mix of textspeak and ebonics (and apparently he's now been suspended), so they're tough to decipher. Nonetheless, I'm going to try my hand at translating Sharper, aka Silky "Hater of the Year" Johnson…

DeeNice42: u shud preach that to 27, he always on some **** in da clubs. he got **** pendin' n thems just the ones who actually said sumthin. smhabout 23 hours ago

Translation: You're talking to Larry Johnson? You should be scared sh**less. He's always in trouble for slapping around women at nightclubs, and those are just the ladies who decided to come forward. Homeboy is a regular Ike Turner.
DeeNice42: yous a good woman then…but b careful wit that no self control **** cause he a big dude n u but like a buck-two-five. hope he dnt put his about 23 hours ago

Translation: You're a good woman. Be careful, though, because L.J. is a big @+* dude who likes to slap chicks around/spit drinks in their faces. Hope he hasn't whooped that @+* already. He's the black Tom Sizemore when it comes to abusing women.
DeeNice42: he still got almost a buck on ya, so dnt preach him too much lol. he been to nyc yet or wut..about 23 hours ago

Translation: He has 100 pounds on you, so watch what you say or he'll punch you right in the mouth. Has he made a booty call to see you in NYC yet?
DeeNice42: oh good, did he bless ya wit some bling, expensive dinners n all that…about 23 hours ago

Translation: So he did come through and hook up with you. You better have gotten some jewelery and expensive dinners out of those you-know-what payments. Do your thing gold digger. Take him for all he's worth.
DeeNice42: no matter if ya into bling or not, we come tru d town of a honey she gotta b taken care of u feel me.. by any mean necessary. about 22 hours ago

Translation: L.J. didn't buy you bling? Dude's got no game. Actually I have no game, but I'm rich and I'm letting you know that I will spoil your @+* and do anything else necessary in order to get with you. That includes throwing a fellow NFL player who would break me in two under the bus on the world's biggest social networking site. When it comes to hating, I step into the phone booth and emerge wearing spandex and a cape.
DeeNice42: dinner n clubbin' man u easy to please. any +@+*# do that for ya'. im tellin u when we come tru d town of a honey she gets spoiled…about 22 hours ago

Translation: Did I mention that Larry Johnson is cheap? Not me. Me and my crew will give a gold digger exactly what she wants. One of those referee-lookin' Foot Locker employees can take you to dinner and then the club. L.J. might as well work at Foot Locker. Don't you want to get spoiled by a sucker like me?

Even though L.J. is still in my doghouse, I gotta take his side on this one. Smearing a fellow pro athlete's name all over Twitter to the point of libel just to impress some hoochie (and if you search his old Twitter name you see a bunch of chicks trying to holler, so that isn't off base) was a pathetic move by Sharper. Larry Johnson may be an %%!$%%%/prima donna/hasbeen, but Sharper looks like a coward and a hater. It also amazes me that these athletes don't seem to think about the repercussions of their social networking. It's as if Sharper thought nobody else would see this.

Anyway, I found this whole thing very amusing. It took some work to translate Sharperese, but I think I have it down now. So, if anybody is looking for a translator, I'm your man. We'll keep you posted on the Johnson-Sharper beef. Unfortunately, the Chiefs and the Saints, Sharper's new team, don't play this season. Regardless, Sharper better have his head on the swivel. L.J.'s got almost a buck on him, too.

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
Damn...he really must have stolen (no pun) one of Sharper's girls....that was a smear campaign on some light-weight ben baller steez

Yooo If I was LJ, I woulda had to comfront that +%%!! for all that hatin. that was ridiculous....
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

This is from like August...
If you didn't already know, Larry Johnson has a new blog, complete with a ridiculous moving illustration of his likeness with blinging earrings. On this blog, L.J. has posted some interesting material, but yesterday he dropped his most interesting post to date. Apparently, fellow NFL star Darren Sharper has been hating on L.J. on Twitter. The problem is that Sharper's tweets are a mix of textspeak and ebonics (and apparently he's now been suspended), so they're tough to decipher. Nonetheless, I'm going to try my hand at translating Sharper, aka Silky "Hater of the Year" Johnson…

DeeNice42: u shud preach that to 27, he always on some **** in da clubs. he got **** pendin' n thems just the ones who actually said sumthin. smhabout 23 hours ago

Translation: You're talking to Larry Johnson? You should be scared sh**less. He's always in trouble for slapping around women at nightclubs, and those are just the ladies who decided to come forward. Homeboy is a regular Ike Turner.
DeeNice42: yous a good woman then…but b careful wit that no self control **** cause he a big dude n u but like a buck-two-five. hope he dnt put his about 23 hours ago

Translation: You're a good woman. Be careful, though, because L.J. is a big @+* dude who likes to slap chicks around/spit drinks in their faces. Hope he hasn't whooped that @+* already. He's the black Tom Sizemore when it comes to abusing women.
DeeNice42: he still got almost a buck on ya, so dnt preach him too much lol. he been to nyc yet or wut..about 23 hours ago

Translation: He has 100 pounds on you, so watch what you say or he'll punch you right in the mouth. Has he made a booty call to see you in NYC yet?
DeeNice42: oh good, did he bless ya wit some bling, expensive dinners n all that…about 23 hours ago

Translation: So he did come through and hook up with you. You better have gotten some jewelery and expensive dinners out of those you-know-what payments. Do your thing gold digger. Take him for all he's worth.
DeeNice42: no matter if ya into bling or not, we come tru d town of a honey she gotta b taken care of u feel me.. by any mean necessary. about 22 hours ago

Translation: L.J. didn't buy you bling? Dude's got no game. Actually I have no game, but I'm rich and I'm letting you know that I will spoil your @+* and do anything else necessary in order to get with you. That includes throwing a fellow NFL player who would break me in two under the bus on the world's biggest social networking site. When it comes to hating, I step into the phone booth and emerge wearing spandex and a cape.
DeeNice42: dinner n clubbin' man u easy to please. any +@+*# do that for ya'. im tellin u when we come tru d town of a honey she gets spoiled…about 22 hours ago

Translation: Did I mention that Larry Johnson is cheap? Not me. Me and my crew will give a gold digger exactly what she wants. One of those referee-lookin' Foot Locker employees can take you to dinner and then the club. L.J. might as well work at Foot Locker. Don't you want to get spoiled by a sucker like me?

Even though L.J. is still in my doghouse, I gotta take his side on this one. Smearing a fellow pro athlete's name all over Twitter to the point of libel just to impress some hoochie (and if you search his old Twitter name you see a bunch of chicks trying to holler, so that isn't off base) was a pathetic move by Sharper. Larry Johnson may be an %%!$%%%/prima donna/hasbeen, but Sharper looks like a coward and a hater. It also amazes me that these athletes don't seem to think about the repercussions of their social networking. It's as if Sharper thought nobody else would see this.

Anyway, I found this whole thing very amusing. It took some work to translate Sharperese, but I think I have it down now. So, if anybody is looking for a translator, I'm your man. We'll keep you posted on the Johnson-Sharper beef. Unfortunately, the Chiefs and the Saints, Sharper's new team, don't play this season. Regardless, Sharper better have his head on the swivel. L.J.'s got almost a buck on him, too.

laugh.gif

Wow.
roll.gif

Interesting stores. I didn't think LJ was messed up like that.

Back
Top Bottom