BREAKING NEWS: Chiefs to release Larry Johnson

[table][tr][td]Breaking News: Chiefs To Release Larry Johnson[/td] [/tr][tr][td]27th October, 2009 - 7:29 pm[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
kc_pp.gif
Jeff Risdon/RealGM - The Kansas City Chiefs will sever ties with problematic running back Larry Johnson, according to a team source that spoke to RealGM's Jeff Risdon on Tuesday afternoon.

The league and the team are investigating a pair of recent incidents, including one where Johnson used a gay slur. This is not the first time Johnson has gotten himself in trouble by using a gay slur, having had to apologize for the same offense last season. He was forced to apologize for this, as well as for negative comments directed at head coach Todd Haley. Haley has thus far refused comment.

The team has barred Johnson from any contact with the team.

This is a precursory move before the team formally releases Johnson before the end of the week, according to the source.

Part of the delay in releasing him involves going through the NFL's disciplinary investigation, but the source was adamant that Larry Johnson has played his last game in Kansas City. [READ][/td] [/tr][/table]

Im wondering if anyone will actually pick him up.

Originally Posted by Cant Nobody Stop Me

Im wondering if anyone will actually pick him up.

That's what I'm wondering also...he's a cancer who has had a TON of problems off the field...

this latest incident didn't help his cause....

I wouldn't be surprised to see the Pats pick him up tho....reclamation project like Corey Dillon...but Johnson is more of a head case

Don't go to the Packers
frown.gif

I still think he has talent....that line he's been running behind the last couple of years in KC is absolute $*%*.

they could pay him peanuts since he livin off that 12 mill $ bonus and 19 mil guaranteed money the chiefs just gave him mill

That boy has issues. With all the dumb stuff he's done off the field, he was lucky to be on that team still. He deserves to be cut.

Seattle already got two similar workhorse RBs in Julius and Edge and neither are doing much behind that offensive line.

Larry can still do the damn thing......he`s only been in the league for a few years.

Hell.....If he is willing to take a backup role, San Fran could use him, but he is a starter.

I say its between the Raiders, Seahawks, cowboys, Jags and Green Bay.

Those are the only teams i can think if that can use a running back this year.

I woulda waited and traded him at the end of the season or something.

Back
Top Bottom