Breaking Bad Thread - "El Camino" - A Breaking Bad Movie on Netflix 10/11

Want it on blu ray. 210 on amazon preorder or 225 on the BB site with a free shirt.

Hmmmmm but in this day and age if pirating and streaming, do I really need it?

F it, my favorite TV series of all time, I have to pull the trigger.
Wait till next Black Friday when it is $150 at most.   

What Walt did not know in the pilot was where true power lies. It’s not in money; no matter how much you earn, it soon will be stolen or spent. It’s not in an empire; that’s bound to be picked apart by ambitious predators. What’s more, either of those goals make your legacy a target. Whoever inherits what you’ve built will be hounded and attacked for the rest of their days. No, true power lies in your name. Your legend. If you can make that bulletproof, then you are immortal—just like Jesse James.

Because now he only cares about one thing, and that’s justice. It’s the only thing he could conceivably be asking of a power from on high when red and blue flash on the snow-covered windows of the car he’s about to steal. And when the keys fall from heaven into his hands, he believes that his request for a tiny bit of redemption has been blessed. The best part of tonight’s episode is that he didn’t find justice where he thought he’d left it. The snap decision to save Jesse one last time is the only improvisation in his final act—but it’s his best moment. It may be too exact an echo, and too neat a summation of their relationship, when Jesse demands that Walt ask him baldly for death and then refuses to kill for him any more. But it’s justice. After enduring the dehumanizing descent of their relationship for so long, it’s the best we could hope for. Walt even admits that his actions were about him, about feeling alive. The ******** is finally over.

The theme of “Felina” seems to be this: People and machines are usually predictable. Lydia meets her business partners like she always did, tears open the only stevia packet on the table like she always does. Gretchen and Elliot betrayed on television how much they fear losing their reputation and their elegant lives, and that means that they can be manipulated. Walt has always used this predictability—this scientific certainty about action and reaction—to get what he wants. But it’s taken him until now to realize the corollary: If you can change your pattern, those predictable people and machines will miss you. Walt changes; he’s the only one who does. After their purpose is fulfilled, the machines stay in motion. The massage chair keeps rolling even though its occupant is dead. The M60 keeps sweeping even though it’s out of ammunition. But Walt’s purpose is fulfilled, and he just stops.

Great excerpts from the AV Club's review
http://www.avclub.com/articles/felina,102961/

Last edited:
I just want the box set for the documentary where Brian and Aaron read the final script..But I'm sure it'll pop up on youtube when the set drops..

That scene where Holly is asleep and Walt's rubbing her head really got me..The only scene that had me more shook was when he dropped her off at the fire station and she's alone and crying..I don't know if it's cause I'm a dad and my son is only 5, but I couldn't imagine leaving him somewhere, alone, in the dark, and crying or touching him and knowing that I'll never see him again..Gettin' teary eyed thinking about it..

Screen-Shot-2013-09-19-at-12.35.36-PM.png

ironic that the only reason the master plan worked out was because of jack's ego regarding the jessie thing, something walt would have probably done a year ago

No box set for me. If I can just get my hands on a Los Pollos Hermanos polo, im good....Then again, it would feel word being a vegetarian rockin a chickin bro. shirt... eh, still want one

It woulda been dope if Walt cooked one last batch on that last scene hahaha
if they went with that they would have made the final scene a DEA intern putting the freshly cooked meth into the testing machine and the camera slowly zooming into the reading of "100%" then fading off 

if they went with that they would have made the final scene a DEA intern putting the freshly cooked meth into the testing machine and the camera slowly zooming into the reading of "100%" then fading off 

naw, no such thing as 100% in Chemistry.

Even WW knows this.

I'm buying the box set IDC! This show meant a lot to me.

The ending was good. I felt okay with EVERYTHING. And I agree with what Mike said on Talking Bad, "Jesse is going straight to Brock"

Anna though :smokin

Jimmy....why?

you have to watch Talking Bad to get the real closure. Watching these guys saying their goodbyes damn near brought a tear lol. God imma miss this show!

What worth is there in Todd living?

His clock has been ticking down since he killed the Sharp kid.

I'm glad he died and I'm glad Jesse was the one to do it.

I'm trying to figure out a polite way to tell my wife and 5yr old son that they have to stay in their respective bedrooms for an hour and a half..Both will throw fits, both will try to distract me, and both will get punched in the face..
laugh.gif

Funniest **** I've read all day b/c I can totally relate.  

Although I am not about that life, as I'm just now about to catch the finale now that everyone is in bed.  ONE MINUTE!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
It wasn't what I expected initially, but it was just about perfect.

As a single episode of the show, it had everything you wanted. Suspense.. Walt creeping around like a hipster Batman in people's house. The action where we finally see the M60 put to good use after soem clever hacking. Great acting performances, Walt's goodbye to Skyler and Holly.. laying down the law with Gretchen and Elliott, the Badger and Skinny Pete appearance
laugh.gif
. We had closure on all angles. Money will finally get to his kids, Hank and Gomez will get the respect they deserve when they find their bodies, Jesse was saved, Walt admits he did it for himself, he put a stop to the blue meth out there so no one will profit off his formula, everything but poor Huell was wrapped up
laugh.gif

The cinematography was incredible as usual, the music, everything.. The quality never dipped at all.

I even found myself with a smile on my face at the end, just because it hit every mark I wanted and it was all you could ask for. One of the best shows of all-time.
Walt Jr. gotta live with the fact that the last words he had with his pops was about him wishing he would die on some Peter Parker / Uncle Ben stuff

laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom