Brazilian kids snatching up people's stuff as they walk by...

no idea how to post the vid, but no dambs are given and they try to take with impunity...

impressed at how well they can move in toe thing sandals...

Ah yes.. Brazil.. the land of hot women and rampant poverty.

Olympics are going to be interesting this year.

Most of these snatching were people carrying cellphones in their hands. Which is why mines always stay in my pockets.

Most of these snatching were people carrying cellphones in their hands. Which is why mines always stay in my pockets.

What about when you have to make a call? Do you dial the number, put it on speaker and put it back in your pocket?

Didn't see anything like this when I was in Rio. They seem to target older folks and unsuspecting tourists. Looks like Copacabana...can anyone confirm?

Flip flops though 
laugh.gif
...can't see this happening to a New Yorker on vacation.

The one NT BigRef or something like that, saw a dude get shot up for his sterling silver chain. He posted pics too :x They warn you about them places, dress down as much as possible. Not dress down like wear your beater non retro Jordan's and regular polo instead of RRL, but like ball shorts, a wife beater, and thong sandals or you'll be targeted.

Of course, anything is better than when they kidnap you and steal your organs

Last edited:
The one NT BigRef or something like that, saw a dude get shot up for his sterling silver chain. He posted pics too
sick.gif
They warn you about them places, dress down as much as possible. Not dress down like wear your beater non retro Jordan's and regular polo instead of RRL, but like ball shorts, a wife beater, and thong sandals or you'll be targeted.

Of course, anything is better than when they kidnap you and steal your organs
Man, Imma just not go there.

Thats life b....brazil is in shambles...poverty is at an all time high. Thats all these kids learn cuz that is their only way of survival , they have not that many options...what is crazy is how cool they seem to be after , some just standing there snatching things like its a toll booth.
Same things happen in DR all the time...but the guys out there seem to give a lil more of a damb.

once the games start that city gonna go into a lockdown bleet dat. police and military errrwhere b

Brazil is in terrible condition now.

High inflation + rampant poverty/violence + Zika outbreak + corrupt gov't

Good luck to anyone who's going to the Olympics.

Edit: Here's some advice by a Brazilian citizen:
Really, this s*** has got to stop. The Olympics and the world cup completely f***** our economy. They where such colossal opportunities for corruption and theft. Right now we're deep in the very middle of some steamy hot s*** because of this and much more.
Just don't come. Help us out by not participating in this s*** show.

Even if it's not for us, do yourself the favor. There's an outbreak of new diseases that come from rain season. Tourists are being robbed, kidnapped, raped and killed every day, they are the number one target for violence. The main tourist attractions aren't good, they're all lies. Copacabana beach for example, it's where I live. The place is horrible. It's so damn crowded, filled with predators, and the police does nothing. I see tourists being robbed every f****** day, everywhere, more than once a day. Just stay home, this s*** is more violent than you can imagine. Don't let deluded Brazilians fool you with their misplaced nationalism, this place is s*** for tourism right now.

Just consider this: if we, who live here and grow up dealing with this stuff, are constantly f*****, what chances do you and your family have of coming out unharmed?

Last edited:
I'm sorry but I'd have to knock a few of them out just to teach them a lesson. Surprised cops aren't posted there after a while.

Roussef's (sp?) corrupt *** is going to have the city on lock to give the appearance that it is safe for tourists during that four week period this Summer. I've heard the stories about Brazil from people I know. Gotta remember that Brazil us technically a third world country. Miss me with "developing nation".

Roussef's (sp?) corrupt *** is going to have the city on lock to give the appearance that it is safe for tourists during that four week period this Summer. I've heard the stories about Brazil from people I know. Gotta remember that Brazil us technically a third world country. Miss me with "developing nation".

u mean "developed"?

Third world and developing are interchangeable terms.

Back
Top Bottom