BORDEAUX 7S JULY 18th 2015

This is probably my favorite release of the year, quality compared to OG is not a factor. Missed them in '11, def need me a pair in '15. Might even Mase "Double Up" on these and I never double. These got me feeling like Cartman waiting for Nintendo Wii to drop.

That
You can have a strong appreciation for MLK, I'll just find it weird if you cry on MLK day as if you knew him if you never did.

You can love thriller and bad, but I'll find it weird if you complain about the Quincy Jones remastered edition leaving out the tambourines and high hats in "wanna be starting something" if you weren't around to being accustomed to the original sound of the beat when the song first released.

You can want 2015 bourdeaux's, I'll just find it weird if you complain about the color shade of green when you've never seen that color shade on the shoe in person....
that's stupid lol. I don't even know where to begin.

There is no exclusive group of people who can critique a shoe. Dude above was right about the goal post shifting to defend JB. Y'all "old heads" can have a thousand seats.

Last edited:
That
You can have a strong appreciation for MLK, I'll just find it weird if you cry on MLK day as if you knew him if you never did.

You can love thriller and bad, but I'll find it weird if you complain about the Quincy Jones remastered edition leaving out the tambourines and high hats in "wanna be starting something" if you weren't around to being accustomed to the original sound of the beat when the song first released.

You can want 2015 bourdeaux's, I'll just find it weird if you complain about the color shade of green when you've never seen that color shade on the shoe in person....
that's stupid lol. I don't even know where to begin.

There is no exclusive group of people who can critique a shoe. Dude above was right about the goal post shifting to defend JB. Y'all "old heads" can have a thousand seats.

I'm 29, and owned a lot of OGs and older retros. At this point I'm consider a older sneaker head, and I still find it ridiculous to dismiss dudes based on their age.

Even if someone saw pics on OGs online, or seen them one in person. The differences are so glaring at this point I don't blame the 18 year old kid to be like "WTF man, I want OG quality" for the amount of money I'm paying

Because their is no excuse for JB not to give it to customers. None

And no amount of mental gymnastics are gonna change that fact

Only thing I would hope is that 18 year old talk that $200 and do something more productive with it than waste it on these crappy product if he feels some type of way about it.

At the end of the day, buy what you like, but don't get mad at people pointing out the obvious

Last edited:
The thing is that most of the nitpicking of subtle details doesn't add comfort or may not even be aesthetically pleasing but it takes those who own it back to a certain time and moment. That's the thing with a lot of these air Jordan's. When we had them back then, we didn't even care about half of the stuff we do now. They were just really fresh kicks that looked good with our starter jackets and Mike was the man and the ladies thought the shoes looked good on us. When people complain about these minor details it's all because they want to recapture that time period and place of life they were in when these shoes were out. If you've never owned the OG's what's your attachment to the shade of green on the tongue and heel? Because that's the way they're "suppose" to be? Oh.....

Funny part is I've never been a fan of the bordeaux's and won't act like I am now for nostalgic purposes. They were tacky looking in the 90's and are still. Charcoals>>>>>
QFT, I remember as a kid doing yardwork in my Bourdeaux OGs.
Tore my OGs up on the blacktop/gym floor/grass during recess.  Even with daily use they lasted for a long time.
You all are damn right! We didn't care about them like that back then. It could have been cause we all were kids/teens and didn't put them on a pedestal like people do now. I understand the collection aspect of it and I'm not knocking that but I've always been about wearing my shoes like they're supposed to be used
Truth.

For me, the nostalgic factor is off the charts for these.

Last edited:
Sorry but i bought ogs the first day they came out so stop with the assumptions

Some people need to stop being jordan sheep and defending every got damn release they do

If its remastered how hard is it to get the colors right?

Its supposed to be remastered after all

The ones in that pic have to be samples by the way. I doubt they release these with oval laces. Unless they had too many oval laces that they had to put them on these

You were the only complaint that I cited, but not the only complaint in the last few pages. But since you felt the need to vindicate yourself, congrats on having the OGs. That's dope.

But fam...since the first "remastered" release happened, it was clear that this whole thig was a sham. 3 months later and it's still worth noting? The materials used on retro Jordans has never been as good as the OGs or even early retroes. We should talk about that too?

I'm on board now after seeing more detailed pics. These are absolute tanks! My '11 pair got some serious miles on them and still look 9/10

I'm 29, and owned a lot of OGs and older retros. At this point I'm consider a older sneaker head, and I still find it ridiculous to dismiss dudes based on their age.

Even if someone saw pics on OGs online, or seen them one in person. The differences are so glaring at this point I don't blame the 18 year old kid to be like "WTF man, I want OG quality" for the amount of money I'm paying

At the end of the day, buy what you like, but don't get mad at people pointing out the obvious

But are the differences really that glaring? A slight alteration of the green? A slightly lighter/darker grey? I mean, without the OG as a point of reference, it would not matter at all. Shout to all the dudes that have a photographic memory and can instantly pick up on subtle changes from retro to retro, but this has been consistent with Jordan Brand since early in their retro days. Most people don't even realize the subtle difference until it's pointed out to them and they just run with it.

I didn't buy any of the XIII retros that originally featured 3M because to me, those are major changes. The 3M provided the effect of the moon light shining off the black cat fur....The slightly lighter green...the slightly ligher/darker grey...They just don't change the overall shoe to me. It's still the Bords.

But you are right, can't get mad at people for complaining. That's kinda what this message board is about...It just gets very repetitive and stale. Same thing when people cry about bots on Saturday morning...c'mon man!

But are the differences really that glaring? A slight alteration of the green? A slightly lighter/darker grey? I mean, without the OG as a point of reference, it would not matter at all. Shout to all the dudes that have a photographic memory and can instantly pick up on subtle changes from retro to retro, but this has been consistent with Jordan Brand since early in their retro days. Most people don't even realize the subtle difference until it's pointed out to them and they just run with it.

I didn't buy any of the XIII retros that originally featured 3M because to me, those are major changes. The 3M provided the effect of the moon light shining off the black cat fur....The slightly lighter green...the slightly ligher/darker grey...They just don't change the overall shoe to me. It's still the Bords.

But you are right, can't get mad at people for complaining. That's kinda what this message board is about...It just gets very repetitive and stale. Same thing when people cry about bots on Saturday morning...c'mon man!

Brah you can't like it is a few lil things people are nitpicking:

-The mold is way off
-The tongue is off
-The grey panels appear to be the wrong shade
-The extra shine on the midsole

I'm sorry, but I can't see how can dudes claim to love these, and call them their grails when they can't even notice numerous changes to the shoe.

At that point I gotta question if they're really a fan or the shoe, or falling to the hype.

Last edited:
Anyone who owns OGs, midsoles have dulled over the years. the shoe came out in 1992?

23 years is an extremely long time for materials and colors to degrade. No way to do an apples to apples comparison of a retro to an OG.

Anyone who owns OGs, midsoles have dulled over the years. the shoe came out in 1992?

23 years is an extremely long time for materials and colors to degrade. No way to do an apples to apples comparison of a retro to an OG.

Brah c'mon. You can go find pics of OGs from back in the day and see they didn't shine that much....................and lemme be one step ahead the "those pics ain't HD, how can we really tell" excuse

But it could just be the lighting, so we'll have to wait and see (on the grey, not the black)

Last edited:

If you have a good memory its easy. It was darker and not shiny.

Its weird cuz the older retros arent glossy like that

the glossy peaks were one of the (many) reasons i returned the french blues, looked kinda tacky in person

-The mold is way off
-The tongue is off

I'm sorry, but I can't see how can dudes claim to love these, and call them their grails when they can't even notice numerous changes to the shoe.

At that point I gotta question if they're really a fan or the shoe, or falling to the hype.

Yea...I'm not one of those guys that claim this is a grail. I have the 2011 retro, but was never a huge fan of this particular colorway. The Olympic VII is on my top 5 list, but it's the only VII on that list. My goal as a sneaker enthusiast is to have every OG colorway from Jordan I-XX.

But all the issues that you pointed out still don't seem to be big deals to me. The mold issue is beating a dead horse. I get it...Retro molds don't match OG molds. After going to the Jordan experience during All Star Weekend, it was perfectly clear that OG molds are a thing of the past. Gotta move on. Every tongue on the Bords is different...so to complain about the tongue not being right is a non-factor to me also.

The other issues, greys being different, extra shine...all non major issues in my opinion. If they made certain panels leather...completely omitted a color...changed the laces...those are examples of major issues of a retro straying too far from the OG. Color shades and "extra shine" are not.

^^^ in total agreement, great points. Had OG charcoals but never this colorway, I'll probably be getting a pair. I can live with the differences, not deal breakers for me.

If you have a good memory its easy. It was darker and not shiny.

Its weird cuz the older retros arent glossy like that

Brah c'mon. You can go find pics of OGs from back in the day and see they didn't shine that much....................and lemme be one step ahead the "those pics ain't HD, how can we really tell" excuse

But it could just be the lighting, so we'll have to wait and see (on the grey, not the black)

-The mold is way off
-The tongue is off

You all obviously get it. When you make the peaks shiny, change the model, darken the green('11) and then darken again('15), make the panels lighter('11) and then make them lighter again('15) you change the loom of the shoe completely. Of course the retros and OGs may look the same from far away, they darn sure don't look the same or even similar up close. Attention to detail is important.

Why do we accept retros that get even further from the OGs each time they release anyway?????

The black Infrareds released for the 5th time last year and don't look a damn thing the OGs(except for being all black) and for soon to be double the original pric

Last edited:

-The mold is way off
-The tongue is off

Yea...I'm not one of those guys that claim this is a grail. I have the 2011 retro, but was never a huge fan of this particular colorway. The Olympic VII is on my top 5 list, but it's the only VII on that list. My goal as a sneaker enthusiast is to have every OG colorway from Jordan I-XX.

But all the issues that you pointed out still don't seem to be big deals to me. The mold issue is beating a dead horse. I get it...Retro molds don't match OG molds. After going to the Jordan experience during All Star Weekend, it was perfectly clear that OG molds are a thing of the past. Gotta move on. Every tongue on the Bords is different...so to complain about the tongue not being right is a non-factor to me also.

The other issues, greys being different, extra shine...all non major issues in my opinion. If they made certain panels leather...completely omitted a color...changed the laces...those are examples of major issues of a retro straying too far from the OG. Color shades and "extra shine" are not.

Brah sorry but I can't vibe with this.

First say imply I'm being nitpicking pointing out lil issues like the tongue.

I list numerous issues with the shoes to point out it is not nitpicking, and your response is to be dismissive on some "beating the dead horse" steez

You're just moving the goal post like everyone else. Then don't accuse people of focusing on subtle differences when you willingly admit there is a glaring difference

-Another general point the molds

NO ONE EVER EXPECTED THE MOLDS TO BE AS CLOSE TO RETRO AS POSSIBLE, UNTIL JB MADE THAT PROMISE.

Early retro weren't exact, but they were close enough that people were cool with it, they atleast looked like they tried.

And it is not like the molds are just bad, they are actively getting worse. Expect for a couple exceptions

This reminds me when Nike was making NBA jerseys. And they came out with Swingman's. Everyone liked Swingman, they weren't as good as the authentics but they were nice for what you're paying, and look was close enough to the real thing.

Well JB can't even give us swingman quality retros

They giving us dem lame cheap Champion printed joints. And everyone defending them like "We'll it is yellow, and says Lakers, it is good enough for me" steez

Buy what you want brah. You money your decision, but lets keep it #100 about what JB puts out these days

Last edited:
Jays get worse year after year. The only Air Jordan that improves is the Air Jordan 1. I remember being so pissed when they stopped making Jorda. 1 Hi's and gave us all of those mids.

Last edited:
JB doesn't give us anything. If you don't like the mold and shape don't buy it. I'm all for pleasing the consumer AND I TOTALLY UNDERSTAND THAT PEOPLE WOULD LIKE THE RETRO AS ORIGINAL AS POSSIBLE but it's a bunch of bologna talkin ish about a retro that 85% of this thread will be ready to pay resell for an hour after they drop. JB doesn't have to do anything like the originals because regardless we'll buy it. When they do give us something true to the original, not only will we buy it, we'll buy it for way more. I'm sad the 90's are over, I really am. But let's face reality...this is the 2015 version of a 1992 sneaker. There will be differences. There doesn't have to be, but their will.

JB doesn't give us anything. If you don't like the mold and shape don't buy it. I'm all for pleasing the consumer AND I TOTALLY UNDERSTAND THAT PEOPLE WOULD LIKE THE RETRO AS ORIGINAL AS POSSIBLE but it's a bunch of bologna talkin ish about a retro that 85% of this thread will be ready to pay resell for an hour after they drop. JB doesn't have to do anything like the originals because regardless we'll buy it. When they do give us something true to the original, not only will we buy it, we'll buy it for way more. I'm sad the 90's are over, I really am. But let's face reality...this is the 2015 version of a 1992 sneaker. There will be differences. There doesn't have to be, but their will.
**** that, if no one(and I mean over 50% didn't buy anymore) JB would likely not give us something close, but the exact same thing as the OGs down to every color, every cut, stitch, and logo correct. Giving the customer what they want is important and i believe JB just needs a reminder of that.

Back
Top Bottom