BORDEAUX 7S JULY 18th 2015

Man as long as JB put bordueax 7 on the box and not "Bordeaux fusion 7.5" these will be copped. I don't have high hopes for the brand I could easily get a nice shoe for quarter the price. It's all nostalgia baby.

My theory on the shiny midsole is that they did it so it wouldnt crack?

I dunno...

My first retros of cardinals, olympics, and black reds werent shiny

My cdp hares are a bit shiny but they just went flat on out plastic lego for the 2011 midsole :lol:

These are fire regardless I'll doub hope no other js drop on July I want cause its girls bday that month

I'm really hoping the height is similar to the OGs than the 2011.  I loved the overall shape of the OG compared to the 2011.

What I don't get is how are they able to make these without the paint chipping and the 4s stay chipped up. They do get cracks on the midsole like them. It baffles me

My first run retros of the vii havent cracked yet and its over 10 years i believe

Just midsole creases

Last edited:
Yo I was born in '92 and I never had OGs, not even infant pairs. Flash forward it's 2015 and the Bordeaux 7s are rereleasing. The fact that it's 2015 is an important thing to add since it's been 23 years since '92 making this the YEAR OF THE VII. It's also the 30 year anniversary of Air Jordan and the brand did it to themselves when they announced mid 2014 that IN 2015 JB WILL GIVE CUSTOMERS RETROS CLOSER TO THE OG RELEASES. That means mold, wing cut, colors, and materials. They even put Nike Air on the tongue. Why you think they did that? Maybe because this retro is supposed to be "remastered". They did it to themselves fam. I expect it only because they announced it.

Now to remind y'all, i'm only 22. I'm a college student who budgets in order to afford sneakers as well as pay bills. Nothing makes you old heads better than me or more entitled to an opinion. Y'all watched MJ play? I'm watching him score 69 right now against the Cavs on NBATV. When I'm bored I watch his old games on youtube. He one of the greatest in the sport itself. But Like I said, never had the OG release. However I'll tell you what I do have. I have access to a computer with an internet connection. Let's say one day I stumbled across a picture of OG Bordeaux VIIs. Oops I noticed the differences. Now what some of y'all are saying is that it's wrong of me to want Jordan Brand to release the 2015 REMASTERED retro of the bords closer to the OGs that I've seen in pics?

I don't get that.

So because I never had the originals, I can't desire for retros of the same shoes to be closer to that same original release? What's the point of a retro then? Why would it even matter that I never had the originals? I'm a customer fam just like some of y'all old heads are customers and entitled to your opinions. We gotta nip this elitist stuff in the bud if y'all are so tired of the stalemate discussions on this board. God gave me the intelligence to comprehend and understand the concept of a retro. I have enough sense to identify details that differentiate the originals from the 2011 so why are some of y'all trying to insult my intelligence by telling me whether I should care or not that the midsoles are too light or the peaks are too shiny on the 2015 pair? I do care lol I can point out the differences just like others already have. I know it's just shoes but to collectors it's more than that. To me it's more than that. I want what mike had on in the pic with Michael Jackson trying to guard him. I don't want the 2015s to look like the how the 2011s did, they were off. Call me me crazy if you want to, but call yourself crazy at the same time bc you made a SN for a sneaker forum just like I did and you still posting about shoes just like me :lol:

Its just the sample of the shoe. Jordan brand done this plenty of times some stuff wont make it pass samples for example the croc skin that was on the hare 7s at first.. Just calm down and wait for pictures of retail pairs

Lawd all this back & forth off of a pic with ****** quality. We all know Jordan Brand has been on a decline when it comes to giving folks what they want. Either A. Don't buy or B.Buy,and roll with the punches.Folks have been arguing about quality & staying true to OGs for years and where has that gotten us? No where, but a higher price tag & a facade of "remastered" quality & materials.

And before anyone throws out "but if we stopped buying "xyz" would happen". Because it won't, folks aren't gonna collectively come together and stop buying.

Jordan Brand hasn't been on a decline, they've been giving customers exactly what they want. A multi-billion dollar industry that's stronger than ever, their business model is run well.

Jordan Brand hasn't been on a decline, they've been giving customers exactly what they want. A multi-billion dollar industry that's stronger than ever, their business model is run well.

faux hype that becomes real hype is ran well I guess

While their business has been on an incline, the quality of the product has been on a decline. People keep buying in hopes of a better product. People also buy because of the name and hype. Once that dies out JB is in trouble. I give JB another 10 years before interest fades slowly

While their business has been on an incline, the quality of the product has been on a decline. People keep buying in hopes of a better product. People also buy because of the name and hype. Once that dies out JB is in trouble. I give JB another 10 years before interest fades slowly

10 years is a long *** time

Only way interested fades is that if a different product takes the limelight. Adidas? Reebok? UA?

I don't see that happening.

JB will have something up their sleeves for that most likely the fact that they've been able to do what they do and for the amount of time makes me think otherwise

In terms of quality, no they have not given customers what they wanted.

This and other sneaker boards represent a tiny fraction of the consumers purchasing retros. Most people lined up and getting raffle tickets are perfectly happy with the product, nothing wrong with that.

Only way interested fades is that if a different product takes the limelight. Adidas? Reebok? UA?

I don't see that happening.
currently, Jordans and
addidas are fashion statements. Nothing lasts forever and Jordan's will fall in popularity eventually as different time periods have different trends and such. Give JB about 20 years and they won't be as popular. Fashion fades and currently, Jordan's are for the most part a fashion statement.

If Jordan's are going out of style why are we still buying them 30 years later?
And why are we arguing about it in a Jordan thread. Lol Never change NT

All these feels caught because people don't wanna sound like hypebeast

People need to get up out them feels, just pass or cop, simple as that, they aren't pointing a gun to your head ever, the last few years I been shying away from J's and its become easier

Back
Top Bottom