Bobby Shmurda: ARTIST OF THE SUMMER: Bobby Shmurda and Rowdy Rebel Have Been Arrested

east flatbush and the adjacent brownsville are pretty much the only "bad" neighborhoods left in brooklyn. you have your pockets here and there in other sections, but those are the only 2 neighborhoods left where the entire **** is ****** up..

having said that tho the "street cred" era of rap ended a long time ago..so i don't know how long this shmurda fever is gonna last..
east new york?
nah east flatbush is pretty safe these days...its really just brownsville.

east new york is a totally different section dude

​
 ​
 ​
If my ***** Knock was alive, one of these woulda been the summer anthem. 
mean.gif
 ​
Maybe even woulda got that Drake stimulus OVO remix post at 4 in the morning. 
pimp.gif
 ​

This **** is dope..

He got a mixtape I can check out or something?

He released two while he was alive:

Married To The Money

http://indy.livemixtapes.com/mixtapes/21819/speaker-knockerz-married-to-the-money.html

Finesse Father

http://indy.livemixtapes.com/mixtapes/23091/speaker-knockerz-finesse-father.html

And his Tribute Tape

https://spinrilla.com/mixtapes/speaker-knockerz-tribute-to-speaker-knockerz

He got another tape he was working on called Married To The Money II coming out August 5th.

Had no clue speaker knockerz passed, dude wasn't terrible. now schmurda is a special kind of trash. the dance is hot though

east flatbush and the adjacent brownsville are pretty much the only "bad" neighborhoods left in brooklyn. you have your pockets here and there in other sections, but those are the only 2 neighborhoods left where the entire **** is ****** up..

having said that tho the "street cred" era of rap ended a long time ago..so i don't know how long this shmurda fever is gonna last..
east new york?
nah east flatbush is pretty safe these days...its really just brownsville.

east new york is a totally different section dude
i know its a different section but i thought we were talking about bk in general

People saying 'No Flex Zone' over 'Hot *****'?

laugh.gif

No Flex Zone sounds like any other "Cashin' Out", "Racks on Racks" style song.

B-list rappers gonna end up doing the remix and the video and these dudes will fade into oblivion, just like Cash Out and YC.

Also anyone claiming a Drill influence for this song is hard of hearing.

Few things.

This song is cool. Not even close to song of the summer. It grew on me though. Can't front.

"No Flex Zone" "Believe Me" and "Aint About the Money" are the summer anthems...and it's not even close. Those are certified bangers and good songs.

All summer anthems these days come from The South, a mustard beat or Drake.

NY/Tri State is not the center of hip hop anymore.

Get out your bubble, PA [emoji]128522[/emoji]

Can't be serious. Have the nerve to say this ain't close to being the summer anthem yet name a song like No Flex Zone which NOBODY outside of maybe YOU has ever even heard of. I JUST went to youtube it and this is straight TRASH!

I'm not from NY, btw...I'm from Cali and ain't NOBODY playing that garbage "no flex zone."

Also, Believe me ain't as poppin as you making it out to be just cause it has two A List rappers on it.

few thoughts-

I wonder what an "authentic new york sound" would sound like at this point.

For the first time in rap the south dominated the last 10 years and NY kids have been heavily influenced by that. Its hard to see how ny produces a sound not heavily influenced by the south and other regions at this point.

The last cats considered to have "an authentic ny sound are all in their late 30's early 40's now..If your a kid born around 2000 the biggest rap songs of your time would've came from the south and chicago.

I think ny eventually does what la did. They re-invent their sound by combining what is considered the classic sound of their region as well as using influences from the dominant rap region when they were growing up (which would have been the south".

YG's album being a perfect example.

The reason why NY has no real "sound" is because they keep trying to re-invent instead of inventing​
 ​
Migos/Thug/Rich Homie don't sound like Outkast and Goodie Mob​
 ​
Mustard doesn't sound like Dre​
 ​
Keef doesn't sound like Kanye or Common​
 ​
Producers and rappers alike in other regions just go in the studio and make whatever they want while NY dudes try to stay on that boom bap or tired, played out drum break over a 4 minute sample loop ****​
 ​
Troy Ave, Bobby Shmurda and that Rowdy guy with the braids all have potential because they both have charisma and aren't stuck in the boom bap mentality​
 ​
And No Flex Zone has a buzz, but im in da souf, ironically Bobby Shmurda aint really that "hot" here . . . it's different for everyone in different regions​
 ​
Loyal, Fancy and 0 To 100 are the nationwide summer anthem contributions from urban music imo​
 ​
And bc i know imma get tried on it, No I'm not bumping fancy in my whip lol i just said it;s a big record from "rap", prolly the biggest this year​

Last edited:
Lol what's funny is the Last hot artist to come from New York with a huge buzz sounds like a southern rapper influenced also by Texas music... ASAP.. I know ****** gone be mad but be honest y'all still out there listening to papoose and fabolous all day

Can't be serious. Have the nerve to say this ain't close to being the summer anthem yet name a song like No Flex Zone which NOBODY outside of maybe YOU has ever even heard of. I JUST went to youtube it and this is straight TRASH!

I'm not from NY, btw...I'm from Cali and ain't NOBODY playing that garbage "no flex zone."

Also, Believe me ain't as poppin as you making it out to be just cause it has two A List rappers on it.

You sleep man. You'll catch up.

I remember about a year ago when I was telling dudes Thug was going to blow up...nobody wanted to hear it. Heard "bandos", "Versace" from Migos back in '12 when I lived out there before it blew up. Dudes were calling it trash initially, and eventually they blew up and they were riding it. Rich Homie too.

Young Scooter Columbia too. I partied in Atl and heard"stoner", "danny glover", "money baby" and "cut her off". All BIG TIME singles in like November 2013 and knew it was going to blow up. You gotta be in the club and see how people react to these songs.

Once you have the clubs in ATL.....eventually you will have the radio and the clubs. It's just how it works these days.

People saying 'No Flex Zone' over 'Hot *****'?

laugh.gif

No Flex Zone sounds like any other "Cashin' Out", "Racks on Racks" style song.

B-list rappers gonna end up doing the remix and the video and these dudes will fade into oblivion, just like Cash Out and YC.

Also anyone claiming a Drill influence for this song is hard of hearing.
No, dudes are arguing song of the summer. Cashin out and Racks were BIG time singles.

Hot N is nowhere near that.

Lol see this guy ^^^ wavycrocket wavycrocket understands ATL right now determines what you'll probably be listening to up there in a month

But don't get me
Wrong asap, Tde, Dom, and nipsey will still get spins from my black ***

Last edited:
Lol see this guy ^^^ understands ATL right now determines what you'll probably be listening to up there in a month

But don't get me
Wrong asap, Tde, Dom, and nipsey will still get spins from my black ***
Exactly. What I'm saying. Yall think they still playing old a** money baby, stoner, danny glover and cut her off in ATL? They moved on..and the Radio's up top are catching up. So you'll get the new stuff eventually.

Most of the Bangers these days are coming from Atl, a west produced mustard beats or a song with drake on them.

Its funny because the biggest bangers recently from west were YG's 3 singles and he had mustard beats, jeezy, rich homie and drake on em.

Formula right there. We are talking in terms of "Club Bangers" and "Son of the summer"

Back
Top Bottom