Boardwalk Empire: Episode 11 - â€

Originally Posted by jpap348

The gambling move, to me, meant that he doesn't need Jimmy's money. It wasn't about the money, it was about the principle of the matter.

Exactly. 3 grand is nothing to Nucky, he just wanted to prove a point.
Right.  I understand that.  But I thought turning around and blowing the whole 3 grand right in Jimmy's face was a little overkill.  I thought he had already proved his point before that.

Originally Posted by jpap348

The gambling move, to me, meant that he doesn't need Jimmy's money. It wasn't about the money, it was about the principle of the matter.

Exactly. 3 grand is nothing to Nucky, he just wanted to prove a point.
Right.  I understand that.  But I thought turning around and blowing the whole 3 grand right in Jimmy's face was a little overkill.  I thought he had already proved his point before that.

I know I can't be the only one who was like wth when they found out that that chick was Jimmy's moms
laugh.gif
Otherwise it was a good episode.

I know I can't be the only one who was like wth when they found out that that chick was Jimmy's moms
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by RavageBX

laugh.gif
Nope.  You weren't the only one.  I kind of felt like
nerd.gif
and
sick.gif
at the same time. 

laugh.gif
Nope.  You weren't the only one.  I kind of felt like
nerd.gif
and
sick.gif
at the same time. 

I liked this ep just cuz how it keeps getting me accustomed to the times, lingo, and how ppl operate.

Just wondering why did they change Nucky's last name from Johnson to Thompson for this show?

I liked this ep just cuz how it keeps getting me accustomed to the times, lingo, and how ppl operate.

Just wondering why did they change Nucky's last name from Johnson to Thompson for this show?

Originally Posted by Master Zik

There was a "making of" show that aired last week and they explained the reason for that.  They didn't want Nucky to be totally historical because they wanted to have the freedom to do things that wouldn't have been accurate if he was supposed to be Nucky Johnson.  They felt it would be more effective dramatically for Nucky to be a fictional character that was based on an actual person, rather than a portrayal of the actual person. 

Originally Posted by Master Zik

There was a "making of" show that aired last week and they explained the reason for that.  They didn't want Nucky to be totally historical because they wanted to have the freedom to do things that wouldn't have been accurate if he was supposed to be Nucky Johnson.  They felt it would be more effective dramatically for Nucky to be a fictional character that was based on an actual person, rather than a portrayal of the actual person. 

Originally Posted by lawdog1

Checked out episode 2. I liked it. A bit slower than the premiere, but that's to be expected. This was one of those episodes that was more about keeping plot lines moving, than major developments. I understand his motivation, but I thought Nucky did Jimmy wrong in this one, especially with that move he pulled at the end. Jimmy looked pretty heated and rightfully so.
Couldnt have worded it better myself. I actually like that they slow it down a bit to develop a story line. If its all action and shock factor it gets old quick. 
Al Capone making a statement 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by lawdog1

Checked out episode 2. I liked it. A bit slower than the premiere, but that's to be expected. This was one of those episodes that was more about keeping plot lines moving, than major developments. I understand his motivation, but I thought Nucky did Jimmy wrong in this one, especially with that move he pulled at the end. Jimmy looked pretty heated and rightfully so.
Couldnt have worded it better myself. I actually like that they slow it down a bit to develop a story line. If its all action and shock factor it gets old quick. 
Al Capone making a statement 
pimp.gif

laugh.gif

wait...which chick? 
nerd.gif
 i missed this part 

laugh.gif

wait...which chick? 
nerd.gif
 i missed this part 

Originally Posted by Mr Marcus

laugh.gif

wait...which chick? 
nerd.gif
 i missed this part 
The dancer chick he gave that jumped up on him and was kissing him all over his face (including his lips).

laugh.gif

wait...which chick? 
nerd.gif
 i missed this part 
The dancer chick he gave that jumped up on him and was kissing him all over his face (including his lips).

laugh.gif

wait...which chick? 
nerd.gif
 i missed this part 
Yeah, you had to be paying attention to pick up on it since she really doesn't look much older than him.  Plus, he only calls her "ma" a couple of minutes into the scene.

laugh.gif

wait...which chick? 
nerd.gif
 i missed this part 
Yeah, you had to be paying attention to pick up on it since she really doesn't look much older than him.  Plus, he only calls her "ma" a couple of minutes into the scene.

Yeah I was
eek.gif
sick.gif
at the mom.

I was wondering why Jimmy told her to put her clothes on and figured he was trying to smash since he couldn't get it from his wife. Then they started talking about his dad and I was like, huh? That's his mom? Whoa...

I guess he just accepts that she's a showgirl/prostitute and isn't going to change.

Yeah I was
eek.gif
sick.gif
at the mom.

I was wondering why Jimmy told her to put her clothes on and figured he was trying to smash since he couldn't get it from his wife. Then they started talking about his dad and I was like, huh? That's his mom? Whoa...

I guess he just accepts that she's a showgirl/prostitute and isn't going to change.

Back
Top Bottom