Black Mother Jailed For Sending Kids to White School District

I see a lot of yall are either selfish as @%$$ or don't have kids....the judges ruling in NO @!*%%*# WAY benefits those CHILDREN. Moms put her !%* on the line for their betterment, and "2 make an example", the judge only worsens the problem.

Yes, I'm mad.

It's wrong, but then again it's justice ...Kids going to school out of their district cause problems for the kids who have the right to be there.
Not disruptive problems but the city has a budget, and if you let "one" kid slide you'd have to let ALL inner-city school kids slide.

This shouldn't be a message of "RACE" but a message of "CLASS"...these people took the proper steps to make sure their school system
isn't flawed. If the inner-city took the initiative that the suburbs take then maybe she would have to "district hop". Community policing, volunteering
helping out with supplies. Bake sales etc.

I lived in the city and the suburbs and I've seen the initiave one side takes MORE than the other.

Dude's crying "RACE" need to google "Geoffrey Canada from Harlem"
pimp.gif
..he feels the same way I feel.

Originally Posted by Stockholm Patriot

It's wrong, but then again it's justice ...Kids going to school out of their district cause problems for the kids who have the right to be there.
Not disruptive problems but the city has a budget, and if you let "one" kid slide you'd have to let ALL inner-city school kids slide.

This shouldn't be a message of "RACE" but a message of "CLASS"...these people took the proper steps to make sure their school system
isn't flawed. If the inner-city took the initiative that the suburbs take then maybe she would have to "district hop". Community policing, volunteering
helping out with supplies. Bake sales etc.

I lived in the city and the suburbs and I've seen the initiave one side takes MORE than the other.

Dude's crying "RACE" need to google "Geoffrey Canada from Harlem"
pimp.gif
..he feels the same way I feel.
And that's that.

the suburbs don't have the compacity public city schools do

out here in ohio, the suburb schools got a huge surge in student population

they had overcrowded schools, etc.

now you have kids illegally migrating back into city schools...

she had an address of her father in the district

he paid into the school district

i don't see how they did anything WRONG forreal

i mean, technically, yes, that's the law...

but, again, since noone will even acknowledge the question

HOW MANY HOURS A DAY DO THE CHILDREN HAVE TO BE AT THE GRANDFATHER'S HOUSE FOR THE STATE TO RECOGNIZE IT AS THEIR HOME?

cause, i mean, an extra 30 mins at granddads house and what they did isn't even illegal...

saying that suburbs take extra precaution in how they run their school districts as opposed to HUGE city districts is ridiculous...

they have

a.) a higher tax bracket

b.) home ownership

c.) people who CHOOSE that district

whereas public schools

a.) take any and everyone, regardless of income, education, creed or background

b.) have a majority of their population on free or reduced meals

c.) are SEVERELY UNDERFUNDED, infact, most of the poorest schools actually lose money from year to year

d.) have about 10 times the amount of students to service than suburban schools

but you right, tho

if these darned state-run public schools could just get serious about their districts, they could be just as great as suburban schools....

really, its THEIR fault...

instead of trynna get your kid into a good school, have your kid turn around a 124 year old school thats underfunded and overpopulated!

YOU CAN DO IT!

btw, from my understanding, Canada runs a charter school which accepts government vouchers to finance the education of the kids they take in...

i.e.

he's taking funding from public school districts into his private district....

which, fundamentally, you say is WRONG

(because this mother was taking funding from a suburban school district.....well, actually, she got the building MORE funding, seeing how funding is based upon the number of students you have in a school)

but Canada IS doing some pretty amazing things out there in harlem...

i edited a bio on him a couple years back, before he got all this shine...

good dude.

Originally Posted by derrty6232

So what happens to the kids for the 10 days that the mother is in prison?

prolly gonna live with the grandfather, i.e. in the school district...ironic, no?

Originally Posted by philly5fan

So many rich, snobby brats on NT
30t6p3b.gif
funny thing is, they not even rich, they just have the mentality like they are....

interesting point mike moore brought up in "Capitalism; A Love Story"

people who arent in the 1% won't fight against that 1% because they dream that one day, they too, will be in the 1%....

these dudes be having the mentality of a rich person...and they not even rich....

once they get out "on their own" i have a feeling alot of their "opinions" will be swayed...

a single mother of two who ALSO goes to school to get a teacher license should have just moved out of section 8

lol

"should have just"

eyes.gif

so now that the moms is going to jail

and the kids will prolly be placed with the grandfather

they can go back to school, right?

Ya'll are being OD...

I KNOW what its like to want more for your kids. I can imagine how heartbreaking it is to want better opportunities for your kids and better resources... but you gotta do it legally!

Thats why we have counties and districts. Cheat the system if you want, but if you get caught be prepared to pay the consequences.

Is the punishment harsh? probably... but it doesn't make what she did right. It comes down to tax money. Thats all that has ever and will ever matter. Money. Not the education. M O N E Y. If they let a couple of kids slide... well cool...but what if tens or hundreds start doing it? Thats potentially THOUSANDS of dollars the counties and districts are missing out on. Ya'll ain't getting it. Who is gonna pay for those kids? Who is going to subsidize those costs?

Tell me why residents of that district would be expected to add onto their burden?

If its that big of a deal MOVE LEGALLY...I can't stress this enough.

It sucks... It REALLY does... but you can't expect me to feel COMPLETELY sorry when these rules, however much they seem to divide, are in place to secure districts and allocate tax money. Ya'll are tripping if ya'll don't see that.

The lines the districts are drawn on are inherently suspect and I agree HOWEVER, when they don't benefit you, then you cry fowl. I've seen this happen. Google Clayton County School System. Hell Atlanta Public Schools and Dekalb School systems are going through the same thing right now.

My freshman year of HS I saw 65% white transform to 70%+ black by my senior year.

I seen it all...and I've seen a lot of people get caught cheating the system too. The kids that were achievers and couldn't move had no choice but to KEEP excelling to bring that district up. Its like once the district fails, people wanna run to where theres a safe haven without pulling your community up by the bootstraps and demanding more from its citizens which is what each failing system ultimately has to do.

Its really unfair to some people but no one wants to be a loser. Everyone wants to be on the top of the top and you know DAMN well that $@*% will never happen so you've gotta do the best and strive for the best at all times.

$$@% all that "what about this great example of a mother?" ...I bet the residents of that other county feel like she is such a great person for increasing their tax burden right? Ya'll don't think about that do ya'll?

Miss me with the pity party. Joint the PTA. Participate on the Educational board. Become activists in your communities for fairer districting and rezoning. Change is real and I've seen it happen but its examples like these that pander to the emotional sides of those that DO NOT understand the breadth of the issues at hand from both sides.

This is coming from a black male in school so chill with all the white privilege and upper-class nonsense.

I am all about supporting the human condition and increasing the access to education, however THIS is not the way to do it. You cheat others in the process and everyone loses. This is not the way to improve our schools.

additionally. the ONLY point I may concede is that the punishment being listed as a felony might be in question... I see why its considered a felony but I'd be in favor of a lesser punishment.

Off topic, but sort of related -

I was reading about the CA state budget and noticed that funding for prisons basically stayed the same as previous years, but funding for schools/education keeps getting cut drastically...

eek.gif
@ the allocation of funds...

Originally Posted by Dame Theory

Ya'll are being OD...

I KNOW what its like to want more for your kids. I can imagine how heartbreaking it is to want better opportunities for your kids and better resources... but you gotta do it legally!

Thats why we have counties and districts. Cheat the system if you want, but if you get caught be prepared to pay the consequences.

Is the punishment harsh? probably... but it doesn't make what she did right. It comes down to tax money. Thats all that has ever and will ever matter. Money. Not the education. M O N E Y. If they let a couple of kids slide... well cool...but what if tens or hundreds start doing it? Thats potentially THOUSANDS of dollars the counties and districts are missing out on. Ya'll ain't getting it. Who is gonna pay for those kids? Who is going to subsidize those costs?

Tell me why residents of that district would be expected to add onto their burden?

It sucks... It REALLY does... but you can't expect me to feel COMPLETELY sorry when these rules, however much they seem to divide, are in place to secure districts and allocate tax money. Ya'll are tripping if ya'll don't see that.

The lines the districts are drawn on are inherently suspect and I agree HOWEVER, when they don't benefit you, then you cry fowl. I've seen this happen. Google Clayton County School System. Hell Atlanta Public Schools and Dekalb School systems are going through the same thing right now.

My freshman year of HS I saw 65% white transform to 70%+ black by my senior year.

I seen it all...and I've seen a lot of people get caught cheating the system too. The kids that were achievers and couldn't move had no choice but to KEEP excelling to bring that district up. Its like once the district fails, people wanna run to where theres a safe haven without pulling your community up by the bootstraps and demanding more from its citizens which is what each failing system ultimately has to do.

Its really unfair to some people but no one wants to be a loser. Everyone wants to be on the top of the top and you know DAMN well that $@*% will never happen so you've gotta do the best and strive for the best at all times.

$$@% all that "what about this great example of a mother?" ...I bet the residents of that other county feel like she is such a great person for increasing their tax burden right? Ya'll don't think about that do ya'll?

Miss me with the pity party. Joint the PTA. Participate on the Educational board. Become activists in your communities for fairer districting and rezoning. Change is real and I've seen it happen but its examples like these that pander to the emotional sides of those that DO NOT understand the breadth of the issues at hand from both sides.

This is coming from a black male so chill with all the white privilege and upper-class nonsense.

What you fail to realize is that her family (Her Father, Not Cousin, not even Sister... HER FATHER!!!) resides in that area and is paying taxes to that same county/district but hadn't choosen the benefits until now.  So technically they weren't burdens of other residents and he was paying for his grandkids to go to that school the entire time.... but this is a point that mute huh?

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

Originally Posted by Dame Theory

Ya'll are being OD...

This is coming from a black male so chill with all the white privilege and upper-class nonsense.

What you fail to realize is that her family (Her Father, Not Cousin, not even Sister... HER FATHER!!!) resides in that area and is paying taxes to that same county/district but hadn't choosen the benefits until now.  So technically they weren't burdens of other residents and he was paying for his grandkids to go to that school the entire time.... but this is a point that mute huh?

OK smart-%#@ who is legally and directly responsible for the kids?

Like I said, I think the charges are on some craziness since the court should understand that but the kids belong to the mother.

This is why an investigation is needed. Lets not front like her kids were bad and she sent them off to live with some other family members... she knew what she was doing homie. This is illegal and I bet if you were an honest taxpayer in your county, you'd want to keep as much of that hard earned money to those that put into the same pot. You keep acting all high and mighty like you're really saying something. All of that means nothing.

Originally Posted by eNPHAN

Spoiler [+]

HOW MANY HOURS A DAY DO THE CHILDREN HAVE TO BE AT THE GRANDFATHER'S HOUSE FOR THE STATE TO RECOGNIZE IT AS THEIR HOME?

cause, i mean, an extra 30 mins at granddads house and what they did isn't even illegal...

saying that suburbs take extra precaution in how they run their school districts as opposed to HUGE city districts is ridiculous...

they have

a.) a higher tax bracket

b.) home ownership

whereas public schools

c.) are SEVERELY UNDERFUNDED, infact, most of the poorest schools actually lose money from year to year

but you right, tho

if these darned state-run public schools could just get serious about their districts, they could be just as great as suburban schools....

instead of trynna get your kid into a good school, have your kid turn around a 124 year old school thats underfunded and overpopulated!

YOU CAN DO IT!
Most of what you saying is paradoxical, suburban schools are broken up into districts whereas public schools in the city are open to whom ever.

If this is what you're saying, how can you be mad at the district for trying to enforce it's budget? That money adds up bro, those two kids

have to have a HOT BREAKFAST and LUNCH even if they don't eat it, Nurse, Counselor, Gym equipment etc. Each kid is factored

into that district's budget. Like I said you let one kid in you GOTTA let them all in, and when that happens you're stuck with understaffed schools,

teacher strikes, cut programs and THE KIDS WHO HAVE THE RIGHT TO BE THERE SUFFER.

Instead of  running from the problem, FIX the PROBLEM in your own community....me coming from the city to the burbs, I used to get upset
when parents threaten to call police on bad children, snitching on children that didn't live in the district etc. But the truth is no one's child is more
special than the next and they all the DESERVE the best. Why should their child suffer for something they didn't do? Because of  a few inner city
people want to send their kids to the suburbs for a "good education"? It comes at price, like I mentioned before car washes, bake sales, community
resales, blood drives, etc. THIS IS WHAT PAYS FOR THE "GOOD EDUCATION" in the suburbs...alot of inner-city schools DON'T OFFER,
PLAN, COORDINATE or ENCOURAGE these activities...neither do the parents.

It seems harsh but it's reality, FAIR IS FAIR.

Originally Posted by Stockholm Patriot

Originally Posted by eNPHAN

Spoiler [+]

they have

a.) a higher tax bracket

b.) home ownership

whereas public schools

but you right, tho

YOU CAN DO IT!
Most of what you saying is paradoxical, suburban schools are broken up into districts whereas public schools in the city are open to whom ever.

If this is what you're saying, how can you be mad at the district for trying to enforce it's budget? That money adds up bro, those two kids

have to have a HOT BREAKFAST and LUNCH even if they don't eat it, Nurse, Counselor, Gym equipment etc. Each kid is factored

into that district's budget. Like I said you let one kid in you GOTTA let them all in, and when that happens you're stuck with understaffed schools,

teacher strikes, cut programs and THE KIDS WHO HAVE THE RIGHT TO BE THERE SUFFER.

Instead of  running from the problem, FIX the PROBLEM in your own community....me coming from the city to the burbs, I used to get upset
when parents threaten to call police on bad children, snitching on children that didn't live in the district etc. But the truth is no one's child is more
special than the next and they all the DESERVE the best. Why should their child suffer for something they didn't do? Because of  a few inner city
people want to send their kids to the suburbs for a "good education"? It comes at price, like I mentioned before car washes, bake sales, community
resales, blood drives, etc. THIS IS WHAT PAYS FOR THE "GOOD EDUCATION" in the suburbs...alot of inner-city schools DON'T OFFER,
PLAN, COORDINATE or ENCOURAGE these activities...neither do the parents.

It seems harsh but it's reality, FAIR IS FAIR.

/thread

I'm curious to know if there was a legal way to get her kids into that school other than committing fraud. I know in the county where I went to High School, you can request a special assignment to

go to a school out of your district and if you go to a school that is failing school (Florida rates schools by a standardized test called the FCAT) you can choose to send your kids to a different school. If

in fact there was a legal way and she chose to do it illegally than in the ends its on her. But if there is no legal way to do it than there is something truly wrong going on in that county.

Originally Posted by derrty6232

Off topic, but sort of related -

I was reading about the CA state budget and noticed that funding for prisons basically stayed the same as previous years, but funding for schools/education keeps getting cut drastically...

eek.gif
@ the allocation of funds...

there are people making money off the prison system thats why.

Originally Posted by philly5fan

So many rich, snobby brats on NT
30t6p3b.gif

Man, shut up. She was convicted of 2 felonies related to acts that lead to her illegally obtaining benefits worth $30K. If you look at it from a legal aspect it doesn't seem so out of whack. I mean if it was Medicare fraud would we be more accepting? Y'all swear blacks can do no wrong.
30t6p3b.gif

It comes down to M O N E Y

Like I said before. It sucks but until you can cover those fees then shut the %*$% up.

All that valiant effort solved NOTHING.

Charge her with a misdemeanor if you want. Whatever. Lets just get this out of the way. SHE BROKE THE LAW. A GOOD LAW AT THAT.

While the BASIS for the law can be suspect, the law is in place to allow for services to be paid for.

Who is gonna pay for those kids? Who is going to subsidize those costs?

her father, who the kids are prolly staying with since the mom is in jail.

also, you quoted me, but failed to answer my question

how many hours a day do the kids have to be at the grandfather's house before they "legally" live there?

my point in asking that question 100 times is...

ITS ALL ARBITRARY

IF THE KIDS SPENT THE NIGHT AT THEIR GRANDFATHERS MORE OFTEN THE STATE WOULD HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO CLAIM WHATSOEVER TO PROSECUTING THIS WOMAN

if you can't realize that, there is no point in continuing back and forth about this...

lol @ "who's going to pay?"

HER FATHER ALREADY DID, GENIUS

laugh.gif

i mean, you're advocating for class lines under the guise of "school districts"

their entire claim revolves around her not paying into the district....BUT THE CHILDREN'S GRANDFATHER PAYS INTO THE DISTRICT.....

like i said, had they spent the night at granddad's the state minimum amount of hours a week, they would be perfectly legal....

its stupid.

its bureaucratic.

and it looks like people are literally ignoring common sense to enforce some arbitrary (in this particular case) law that just reinforces socio-economic class systems....

like i said, you come off as young and a little ignorant.....repeatedly calling for a single mother of two who lives in section 8 AND goes to school to just "pick up and move"

had she sent her children to live with her father, so that they could "legally" attend the school (either way the grandfather is paying into the district just like EVERY OTHER CHILD WHO LEGALLY ATTENDS THE DISTRICT) the mother would probably lose her financial aid and section 8....

this is, sadly, the black experience in America. a long journey through alot of locked doors, or even booby-trapped doors.... it almost seems like the system is set up against you. MAYBE WE CAN ATTRIBUTE THAT TO THE 500 YEARS OF SYSTEMATIC OPPRESSION?

maybe?

ike I mentioned before car washes, bake sales, community
PLAN, COORDINATE or ENCOURAGE these activities...
lol, im losing respect for you, intellectually, sir.

yes, suburban schools are better funded than GOVERNMENT-FUNDED public school districts because they have bake-sales and carwashes.....

you developing then arguing thoughts like this shows the naitivity i mentioned earlier.....

ham_porter_display_image.jpg

youre killing me, smalls

Back
Top Bottom