Black History Month

antidope

Supporter
Its that time again. But something I've been wondering, does anyone else notice that as the years go by less effort goes into Black History Month? By mid February it becomes an afterthought in most peoples minds. Just wondering if that was just me

to tell you the truth i get so caught up in the superbowl, all star weekend, and college ball that i forget its BHM.

It's not just you man, I'm sure a lot of other people notice too. I can remember way back either being in some Black History
plays, giving/seeing speeches, just really being fully engrossed in it. I guess the best thing to do now is just actively seek
out things to learn about how history, however major or minor.
Ditto on the other stuff going on at the same time during this month though.

It's sad, but true. Something that's so big is so easily overlooked. I agree with all the sports going on & also being so close to the beginning of the year. I find that people tend to have a lot going on in their life's this time of year right after the holiday season.

Black History Month should be changed to African American History Month. I can't recall learning about any black people that weren't active in America or had a large basis of their fame stemming from their work in America. I also never learned about people like Marcus Garvey or Shaka Zulu and stuff.

It's pushed more in schools than anywhere else. Same with Columbus Day (regardless of how it's portrayed).

you stole my thread...

anyways we need a movement...the way society is trendy we can start a movement fast. we can save the current generation if we try.

Back
Top Bottom