BLACK HISTORY MONTH THREAD

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

Originally Posted by B Smooth 202

My NT brethren, tell me what Leon Trotsky and Malcolm X have in common.
?
Self determination.

All this debating has meaning to me. I can't live my life by another mans rules that are designed specifically to subordinate the masses, and my people in particular. Trotsky was a disciple of Lenin/Marxists theory which supports the dialectical process of history that inevitably leads to the other-throw of the capitalist ruling elite.

Trotsky was the revolutionary who realized the position of African Americans in the USA. Trotsky concluded that by self-determination and succeeding from a system that has fed us nothing but poison, we would become the vanguard party of the international proletariat revolution, the first domino to fall.

Malcolm was a proponent of black nationalism for this reason. Not for reverse-racist, supremacist reasons like you, Anton, have been trying so hard to throw upon our black consciousness movement. This movement is only gaining influence as the dialect of history is manifesting itself with every passing moment.

We have been reduced to the ****tiest property this country has to offer since antiquity of the United States, but the illusions are fading and one is starting to develop a greater sense of who is positive and who is negative. The government has been trying to stop this from happening (1960s-70s) so this is NOT a secret. Although the establishment now is doing it's best to mask it as such.

This is why Malcolm was critical of MLK's  passive ideology. Martin only proved half the point for us. Look at how the original founders of this country built a comfortable community/systems for themselves while exploiting the masses, including their own people, with us black americans embodying the struggle of the true essence of what it means to be American.

I'm tired of compromising like I have been my whole life. It's time for us to seize our destiny and become.

?
Self determination.

All this debating has meaning to me. I can't live my life by another mans rules that are designed specifically to subordinate the masses, and my people in particular. Trotsky was a disciple of Lenin/Marxists theory which supports the dialectical process of history that inevitably leads to the other-throw of the capitalist ruling elite.

Trotsky was the revolutionary who realized the position of African Americans in the USA. Trotsky concluded that by self-determination and succeeding from a system that has fed us nothing but poison, we would become the vanguard party of the international proletariat revolution, the first domino to fall.

Malcolm was a proponent of black nationalism for this reason. Not for reverse-racist, supremacist reasons like you, Anton, have been trying so hard to throw upon our black consciousness movement. This movement is only gaining influence as the dialect of history is manifesting itself with every passing moment.

We have been reduced to the ****tiest property this country has to offer since antiquity of the United States, but the illusions are fading and one is starting to develop a greater sense of who is positive and who is negative. The government has been trying to stop this from happening (1960s-70s) so this is NOT a secret. Although the establishment now is doing it's best to mask it as such.

This is why Malcolm was critical of MLK's  passive ideology. Martin only proved half the point for us. Look at how the original founders of this country built a comfortable community/systems for themselves while exploiting the masses, including their own people, with us black americans embodying the struggle of the true essence of what it means to be American.

I'm tired of compromising like I have been my whole life. It's time for us to seize our destiny and become.

?
Self determination.

laugh.gif
lol.....i like the term "reverse racism". It's futzing absurd now that i think about it. you're either racist or you're not, no such thing as reverse racism.

anyhow let's post more great African Americans.

random fact...my mom was the first female plastic surgeon in west africa
pimp.gif

?
Self determination.

laugh.gif
lol.....i like the term "reverse racism". It's futzing absurd now that i think about it. you're either racist or you're not, no such thing as reverse racism.

pimp.gif

not here to start up anything.. but i have a question. why is it that when white people, mexicans or asians have a thing only for their kind they are considered racist, but when black people have it, like BET, black history month, or meetblacksingles.com (or whatever it is called) it is okay to have? and it is not considered racist? why do black people feel the need to stay together? and how come mixed couples (black and whites) are still looked at like a bad thing? it's mostly the blacks that do not accept this..

someone please explain

not here to start up anything.. but i have a question. why is it that when white people, mexicans or asians have a thing only for their kind they are considered racist, but when black people have it, like BET, black history month, or meetblacksingles.com (or whatever it is called) it is okay to have? and it is not considered racist? why do black people feel the need to stay together? and how come mixed couples (black and whites) are still looked at like a bad thing? it's mostly the blacks that do not accept this..

someone please explain

I'm a dirty stinking liberal but Colin Powell is
pimp.gif

moz-screenshot.jpg

[table][tr][td][h1]Colin Powell Biography[/h1]
Former Secretary of State, United States of America

Colin Powell Date of birth: April 5, 1937
[h3][/h3][/td][td]
Print Biography
[/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]
[/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td]  
pow0_profile_headline.gif
[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][/table][table][tr][td]http:// [/td][/tr][/table]Colin Luther Powell was born in Harlem in 1937. His parents wereJamaican immigrants who stressed the importance of education andpersonal achievement. Powell grew up in the South Bronx, where hegraduated from high school without having formed any definite ambitionor direction in life. He entered the City College of New York to studygeology and it was there, by his own account, that he found his callingwhen he joined the Reserve Officers Training Corps (ROTC). He becamecommander of his unit's precision drill team and graduated in 1958 atthe top of his ROTC class, with the rank of cadet colonel, the highestrank in the corps.
Powell was commissioned a second lieutenant in theUnited States Army, and was one of the 16,000 military advisorsdispatched to South Vietnam by President Kennedy in 1962. In 1963,Lieutenant Powell was wounded by a punji-stick booby trap whilepatrolling the Vietnamese border with Laos. He was awarded the PurpleHeart, and later that year, the Bronze Star. Powell served a secondtour of duty in Vietnam in 1968-69. During this second tour he wasinjured in a helicopter crash. Despite his own injuries, he managed torescue his comrades from the burning helicopter and was awarded theSoldier's Medal. In all, he has received 11 military decorations,including the Legion of Merit.

Powell earned an MBA at George WashingtonUniversity in Washington, DC, and after being promoted to major, won aWhite House fellowship. Powell was assigned to the Office of Managementand Budget during the administration of President Nixon, and here hemade a lasting impression on the Director and Deputy Director of theOffice: Casper Weinberger and Frank Carlucci. Both of these men were tocall on Powell when they served as Secretary of Defense and NationalSecurity Advisor, respectively, under President Ronald Reagan.
[table][tr][td]http:// [/td][/tr][/table]Powell, now a Colonel, followed his term as White House Fellow withservice as a battalion commander in Korea and with a staff job at thePentagon. After study at the Army War College, he was promoted toBrigadier General and commanded a Brigade of the 101st AirborneDivision. In the administration of President Jimmy Carter,Powell was an assistant to the Deputy Secretary of Defense, and to theSecretary of Energy. He was promoted to Major General. He againassisted Frank Carlucci at the Defense Department during the transitionfrom the administration of President Carter to that of President Ronald Reagan.
Powell served as assistant commander and deputy commander of infantrydivisions in Colorado and Kansas before returning to Washington tobecome senior military assistant to Secretary of Defense CasperWeinberger, whom he assisted during the invasion of Grenada and the airstrikes against Libya. Powell was called upon to testify beforeCongress in private session about the covert shipment of American armsto Iran; he was one of only five persons in the Pentagon who knew aboutthe operation. Powell was not implicated in any wrongdoing in thematter.
[table][tr][td]http:// [/td][/tr][/table]In 1986, Powell left Washington to serve as commanderof the Fifth Corps in Frankfurt, Germany, but was recalled toWashington to serve as deputy to Frank Carlucci, now the NationalSecurity Advisor. A year later, Carlucci was appointed Secretary ofDefense and Powell, now a Lieutenant General, assumed Carlucci's formerpost. As National Security Advisor, he coordinated technical and policystaff during President Reagan's summit meetings with Soviet PresidentGorbachev. He was the first African American to serve in this position,as he has been in every office he has held since.
In 1991, as Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff under President George H.W. Bush,Powell became a national figure during the successful Desert Shield andDesert Storm operations which expelled the Iraqi army from Kuwait.General Powell continued as Chairman of the Joint Chiefs during thefirst months of the Clinton administration, publicly disagreeing with President Clintonover the President's plan to permit gay men and women to serve in themilitary, although he eventually accepted a compromise on the issue.Powell retired from the military shortly thereafter and returned toprivate life. In 1994, Powell joined former President Carterand Senator Sam Nunn on a last-minute peace-making expedition to Haiti,which resulted in the end of military rule and the peaceful return topower of the elected government of that country.
[table][tr][td]http:// [/td][/tr][/table]In his years of military service, General Powell neverdisclosed his political sympathies; he was registered to vote as anindependent. Although he was known to have supported the 1964 campaignof President Lyndon Johnson, a Democrat, he had served in bothRepublican and Democratic administrations. In the 1990s, the General'sgreat popularity led many people to urge him to run for President. In1995 he announced that he had registered as a Republican, and hereceived a thunderous ovation when he spoke at the Republicanconvention the following year. Although he did not forswear futurepolitical involvement, he has declined to seek elective office. In1997, he returned to his alma mater, the City College of New York, toopen the Colin Powell Center for Policy Studies, offeringhigh-achieving CCNY students the opportunity to prepare for careers inpolicy and public service. For the rest of the decade, he continued hiswork with young people as Chairman of America's Promise: the Alliancefor Youth.
In 2001, newly elected President George W. Bush appointed Colin Powellto be Secretary of State. At the time, it was the highest rank everheld by an African American in the United States government. In hisfirst months in office, Powell won praise for his efficientadministration of the State Department, and cordial relations withother governments. Following the terrorist attacks of September 11,2001, Secretary Powell took a leading role in rallying America's alliesfor military action in Afghanistan.
[table][tr][td]http:// [/td][/tr][/table]It was reported that Powell had serious misgivings about PresidentBush's subsequent plan to invade Iraq and topple the regime of SaddamHussein. Nevertheless, Powell appeared before the Security Council ofthe United Nations, where he presented evidence purporting to provethat Iraq had concealed concealing an ongoing weapons developmentprogram, in violation of UN resolutions. Powell's testimony wasinstrumental in persuading many members of the U.S. Congress to supportmilitary action against Iraq. Some of this evidence was laterdiscredited, and when American forces found no evidence of a weaponsprogram in Iraq, Secretary Powell was subjected to harsh criticism.Shortly after President Bush's re-election in 2004, Powell stepped downas Secretary of State.
Although he maintained a low public profile after his resignation,Powell at times offered nuanced criticism of the conduct of the war inIraq. He declined to endorse any Republican candidate for President in2008. In October, just weeks before the election, he announced hissupport for the Democratic nominee, Senator Barack Obama.

Didn't know there was so many black folks on NTsmiley: laugh ................... Crispus Attucks

6110034_1016201388.jpg

Boston Massacre Victim. All that is definitely known about him concerns the Boston Massacre on March 5, 1770. Toward evening that day, a crowd of colonists gathered and began taunting a small group of British soliders. Tension mounted rapidly, and when one of the soldiers was struck the others fired their muskets, killing three of the Americans instantly and mortally wounding two others. Crispus Attucks was the first to fall, thus becoming one the first men to lose his life in the cause of American independence. His body was carried to Faneuil Hall, where it lay in state until March 8, when all five victims were buried in a common grave. He was the only victim of the Boston Massacre whose name was widely remembered. In 1888 the Crispus Attucks monument was unveiled in the Boston Common.

I'm a dirty stinking liberal but Colin Powell is
pimp.gif

moz-screenshot.jpg

[table][tr][td][h1]Colin Powell Biography[/h1]
Former Secretary of State, United States of America

Colin Powell Date of birth: April 5, 1937
[h3][/h3][/td][td]
Print Biography
[/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][td]
[/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td]  
pow0_profile_headline.gif
[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][/table][table][tr][td]http:// [/td][/tr][/table]Colin Luther Powell was born in Harlem in 1937. His parents wereJamaican immigrants who stressed the importance of education andpersonal achievement. Powell grew up in the South Bronx, where hegraduated from high school without having formed any definite ambitionor direction in life. He entered the City College of New York to studygeology and it was there, by his own account, that he found his callingwhen he joined the Reserve Officers Training Corps (ROTC). He becamecommander of his unit's precision drill team and graduated in 1958 atthe top of his ROTC class, with the rank of cadet colonel, the highestrank in the corps.
Powell was commissioned a second lieutenant in theUnited States Army, and was one of the 16,000 military advisorsdispatched to South Vietnam by President Kennedy in 1962. In 1963,Lieutenant Powell was wounded by a punji-stick booby trap whilepatrolling the Vietnamese border with Laos. He was awarded the PurpleHeart, and later that year, the Bronze Star. Powell served a secondtour of duty in Vietnam in 1968-69. During this second tour he wasinjured in a helicopter crash. Despite his own injuries, he managed torescue his comrades from the burning helicopter and was awarded theSoldier's Medal. In all, he has received 11 military decorations,including the Legion of Merit.

Powell earned an MBA at George WashingtonUniversity in Washington, DC, and after being promoted to major, won aWhite House fellowship. Powell was assigned to the Office of Managementand Budget during the administration of President Nixon, and here hemade a lasting impression on the Director and Deputy Director of theOffice: Casper Weinberger and Frank Carlucci. Both of these men were tocall on Powell when they served as Secretary of Defense and NationalSecurity Advisor, respectively, under President Ronald Reagan.
[table][tr][td]http:// [/td][/tr][/table]Powell, now a Colonel, followed his term as White House Fellow withservice as a battalion commander in Korea and with a staff job at thePentagon. After study at the Army War College, he was promoted toBrigadier General and commanded a Brigade of the 101st AirborneDivision. In the administration of President Jimmy Carter,Powell was an assistant to the Deputy Secretary of Defense, and to theSecretary of Energy. He was promoted to Major General. He againassisted Frank Carlucci at the Defense Department during the transitionfrom the administration of President Carter to that of President Ronald Reagan.
Powell served as assistant commander and deputy commander of infantrydivisions in Colorado and Kansas before returning to Washington tobecome senior military assistant to Secretary of Defense CasperWeinberger, whom he assisted during the invasion of Grenada and the airstrikes against Libya. Powell was called upon to testify beforeCongress in private session about the covert shipment of American armsto Iran; he was one of only five persons in the Pentagon who knew aboutthe operation. Powell was not implicated in any wrongdoing in thematter.
[table][tr][td]http:// [/td][/tr][/table]In 1986, Powell left Washington to serve as commanderof the Fifth Corps in Frankfurt, Germany, but was recalled toWashington to serve as deputy to Frank Carlucci, now the NationalSecurity Advisor. A year later, Carlucci was appointed Secretary ofDefense and Powell, now a Lieutenant General, assumed Carlucci's formerpost. As National Security Advisor, he coordinated technical and policystaff during President Reagan's summit meetings with Soviet PresidentGorbachev. He was the first African American to serve in this position,as he has been in every office he has held since.
In 1991, as Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff under President George H.W. Bush,Powell became a national figure during the successful Desert Shield andDesert Storm operations which expelled the Iraqi army from Kuwait.General Powell continued as Chairman of the Joint Chiefs during thefirst months of the Clinton administration, publicly disagreeing with President Clintonover the President's plan to permit gay men and women to serve in themilitary, although he eventually accepted a compromise on the issue.Powell retired from the military shortly thereafter and returned toprivate life. In 1994, Powell joined former President Carterand Senator Sam Nunn on a last-minute peace-making expedition to Haiti,which resulted in the end of military rule and the peaceful return topower of the elected government of that country.
[table][tr][td]http:// [/td][/tr][/table]In his years of military service, General Powell neverdisclosed his political sympathies; he was registered to vote as anindependent. Although he was known to have supported the 1964 campaignof President Lyndon Johnson, a Democrat, he had served in bothRepublican and Democratic administrations. In the 1990s, the General'sgreat popularity led many people to urge him to run for President. In1995 he announced that he had registered as a Republican, and hereceived a thunderous ovation when he spoke at the Republicanconvention the following year. Although he did not forswear futurepolitical involvement, he has declined to seek elective office. In1997, he returned to his alma mater, the City College of New York, toopen the Colin Powell Center for Policy Studies, offeringhigh-achieving CCNY students the opportunity to prepare for careers inpolicy and public service. For the rest of the decade, he continued hiswork with young people as Chairman of America's Promise: the Alliancefor Youth.
In 2001, newly elected President George W. Bush appointed Colin Powellto be Secretary of State. At the time, it was the highest rank everheld by an African American in the United States government. In hisfirst months in office, Powell won praise for his efficientadministration of the State Department, and cordial relations withother governments. Following the terrorist attacks of September 11,2001, Secretary Powell took a leading role in rallying America's alliesfor military action in Afghanistan.
[table][tr][td]http:// [/td][/tr][/table]It was reported that Powell had serious misgivings about PresidentBush's subsequent plan to invade Iraq and topple the regime of SaddamHussein. Nevertheless, Powell appeared before the Security Council ofthe United Nations, where he presented evidence purporting to provethat Iraq had concealed concealing an ongoing weapons developmentprogram, in violation of UN resolutions. Powell's testimony wasinstrumental in persuading many members of the U.S. Congress to supportmilitary action against Iraq. Some of this evidence was laterdiscredited, and when American forces found no evidence of a weaponsprogram in Iraq, Secretary Powell was subjected to harsh criticism.Shortly after President Bush's re-election in 2004, Powell stepped downas Secretary of State.
Although he maintained a low public profile after his resignation,Powell at times offered nuanced criticism of the conduct of the war inIraq. He declined to endorse any Republican candidate for President in2008. In October, just weeks before the election, he announced hissupport for the Democratic nominee, Senator Barack Obama.

Didn't know there was so many black folks on NTsmiley: laugh ................... Crispus Attucks

6110034_1016201388.jpg

Boston Massacre Victim. All that is definitely known about him concerns the Boston Massacre on March 5, 1770. Toward evening that day, a crowd of colonists gathered and began taunting a small group of British soliders. Tension mounted rapidly, and when one of the soldiers was struck the others fired their muskets, killing three of the Americans instantly and mortally wounding two others. Crispus Attucks was the first to fall, thus becoming one the first men to lose his life in the cause of American independence. His body was carried to Faneuil Hall, where it lay in state until March 8, when all five victims were buried in a common grave. He was the only victim of the Boston Massacre whose name was widely remembered. In 1888 the Crispus Attucks monument was unveiled in the Boston Common.

Garrett Augustus Morgan was a black business man,
as well as the inventor of the electric stoplight.

Peace.

Garrett Augustus Morgan was a black business man,
as well as the inventor of the electric stoplight.

Peace.

Originally Posted by TheGoldenChild

someone please explain

for starters i think it;s only considered racist when white people start up anything. Latinos have parades, and mad television stations. Black history month is the least this country could do for how much African Americans have contributed. This nation was built on the backs of black people. But that isn't their only contribution....all art forms that are inherently American were pioneered by African Americans.

someone please explain
 There are plenty of events, holidays and etc. that are exclusive or geared toward other ethnic groups and i don't see anybody crying about racism. I think its just the naive black folks that scream racism and cry about it. But i do think when white folks do something together is when you hear the masses of black folks because of the past history.

someone please explain
 There are plenty of events, holidays and etc. that are exclusive or geared toward other ethnic groups and i don't see anybody crying about racism. I think its just the naive black folks that scream racism and cry about it. But i do think when white folks do something together is when you hear the masses of black folks because of the past history.

someone please explain

for starters i think it;s only considered racist when white people start up anything. Latinos have parades, and mad television stations. Black history month is the least this country could do for how much African Americans have contributed. This nation was built on the backs of black people. But that isn't their only contribution....all art forms that are inherently American were pioneered by African Americans.

Originally Posted by got shoes

someone please explain
 There are plenty of events, holidays and etc. that are exclusive or geared toward other ethnic groups and i don't see anybody crying about racism. I think its just the naive black folks that scream racism and cry about it

i'd like to keep this debate out of here, but yea there are mad events and holidays geared toward other races. People only cry racism when white people start one....not asians and mexicans.

someone please explain
 There are plenty of events, holidays and etc. that are exclusive or geared toward other ethnic groups and i don't see anybody crying about racism. I think its just the naive black folks that scream racism and cry about it

i'd like to keep this debate out of here, but yea there are mad events and holidays geared toward other races. People only cry racism when white people start one....not asians and mexicans.

?
Self determination.

laugh.gif

pimp.gif
indifferent.gif

bourgeois intellectuals like yourself are in the middle. You can choose to educate those subordinated with the truth, or continue your path of consumption and illusion which is based on the degradations of Africa, Asian and Latin America.

I don't respect migrants to this country who aren't fulfilling their responsibility of the real American dream. I can sense the defensiveness in your own position because you benefit from a system of exploitation.

Tell your mom to take her PLASTIC surgery to one of these ugly people who find nothing substantial in vituous activity.

Now you wanna get all cool and make your little black history thread. %*## you. You have no experience with our history and have only expressed discontent for our future.

?
Self determination.

laugh.gif

pimp.gif
indifferent.gif

bourgeois intellectuals like yourself are in the middle. You can choose to educate those subordinated with the truth, or continue your path of consumption and illusion which is based on the degradations of Africa, Asian and Latin America.

I don't respect migrants to this country who aren't fulfilling their responsibility of the real American dream. I can sense the defensiveness in your own position because you benefit from a system of exploitation.

Tell your mom to take her PLASTIC surgery to one of these ugly people who find nothing substantial in vituous activity.

Now you wanna get all cool and make your little black history thread. %*## you. You have no experience with our history and have only expressed discontent for our future.

someone please explain

this.......

someone please explain

this.......

Famous Black Freethinkers/Atheists:
Spoiler [+]

[table][tr][td][table][tr][td]Famous Black Freethinkers
Posted on Thursday, February 15, 2007 @ 17:39:00 PST by infidelguy[/td][/tr][/table][/td][/tr][/table]

We would like to thank the American Atheists for their large contribution to this page as well as other contributors.

Suggested Listening:

Black Freethought in the early 1900's to 1950's. - Mike Estes
Belief in the Black Community - Norm Allen Jr.

Hubert Henry Harrison - The Black Socrates

A. Philip Randolph - "We consider prayer as nothing more than a fervent wish; consequently the merit and worth of a prayer depend upon what the fervent wish is."

Bayard Rustin - [font=Times New Roman, serif]Principal organizer of the March on Washington in 1963. He was openly gay, anti-communistic, a socialist, a civil rights activist and also a freethinker[/font]

J. A. Rogers - "The slogan of the Negro devotee is: Take the world but give me Jesus, and the white man strikes an eager bargain with him."

George S. Schuyler - "On the horizon loom a growing number of iconoclasts and Atheists, young black [sic] men and women who can read, think, and ask questions, and who impertinently demand to know why Negroes should revere a God who permits them to be lynched, jim-crowed and disfranchised."

John G. Jackson - The family minister once asked John G. Jackson when he was small, "Who made you?" After some thought he replied from his own realization, "I don’t know."

John Henrik Clarke - "As a grade school child in Columbus, Georgia, Clarke recalled inventing notes from local white people to allow his access to library books in his quest for knowledge."

Yosef ben-Jochannan - "The churches can’t help the people when the chips are down because their interest is with the power structure."

Bobby E. Wright - "Guess what you talk about when you go to church? Everything but what to do, you talk about some God that nobody ever did find."

John Ragland - Chauncey Bell Herbert Brown Ken Hamblin Walter E. Hawkins

James Forman - Civil Rights Activist

Lorraine Hansberry - Playwright known for her drama, "A Raisin in The Sun". FFRF Mention

Butterfly McQueen - Maid in MGM's 1939's Gone with The Wind.“As my ancestors are free from slavery, I am free from the slavery of religion.

Back
Top Bottom