Black guy hair cuts

Aight so now im tempted to cop the bevel clippers....heres why.

Been usim andis for 12 yrs. Replaced em 4 times. 2 cause back in the gap i dodnt know you could replace blades 2 cause i just wanted new ones.

Anyways, i slightly dropped my andis the other day. They were in a box, and the box fell maybe 8 inches. Blade didnt chip so i wasnt trippin.

So i try to line up my beard today, and they make a nasty noise. I open everything up it looks good. Close it up turn it on and the same noise.

Try to cut anyways and its pulling hair and not cutting.

Do i need to replace, is this fixable?

I'm guessing the tension ball popped out of place. Here's a great video that talks all about adjusting the tension spring mechanism that should help you:
Skip ahead to the 7 minute mark if you only want to hear him discuss tension, but it's a solid watch start to finish, IMO.

What kinda oil yall usin for beards? Im gona grow mine out a lil more then what it is....thing is im mixed so it grows crazy nappy.

I use a mix of blk castor, jojoba, tea tree for the most part but i have a mix where i use a couple other oils.....i did research and noticed that coconut oil clogs pores.... for daily exfoliating i use witch hazel to help prevent and treat ingrown hairs.

I know y'all say the Cantu for curls, but what do y'all recommend for waves? Pomade? Or something else?

I try to stay away from pomade as much as possible. Only real purpose for it is keeping your hair down when wolfing or you just have a lot of hair. When I have waves I use Shea Misture Curl Enhancing smoothie for moisture.

I know y'all say the Cantu for curls, but what do y'all recommend for waves? Pomade? Or something else?
Just cut off my Curly High Top... I use Raw Shea Butter and Olive Oils (African Pride brand).

Say NO to Pomades, bro. Turrible for your Hair & Scalp... doesn't absorb, just sits there collecting dirt and clogging your scalp.

I use to be all about Wave pomade when I was a kid, but now I know better, so I do better. Natural Hair Butters are the way to go!
pimp.gif

I think this sponge life might not be for me bros. I copped the bootleg one from the local spot called DREAM TWIST and it's more like a mop. Gonna give it one last shot with the smoothie then I'm chopping it. Chicks love playing with it tho so I'm having second thoughts

Last edited:
Is this a proper sponge?
Amazon product ASIN B00QW4TJVE
Copped one of these a couple months ago and I'm not really feeling the results.

I think my hair's still too short for it to look good right now, so I'm thinking I'll grow it out some more before trying again.

I want to go back to Nas fade with the half moon so bad but the way my dome piece is set up . Might just stick with the fade& curls

Is this a proper sponge?
Amazon product ASIN B00QW4TJVE
Copped one of these a couple months ago and I'm not really feeling the results.

I think my hair's still too short for it to look good right now, so I'm thinking I'll grow it out some more before trying again.

This looks exactly like the one I got just different branding. I low key get the same results just using my hand.
You got to get yourself a proper sponge bro

:nerd:

Repped. I had a hole side sponge that right around 5 months I had to stop using. Kept twisting my hair to the root like I was trying to start dreads.

Damn man....had NO idea dude offed himself and had 7 kids :smh: :smh:

Used to watch the wave vids ages ago,damn that whole situation is sad as hell |I

RIP

Last edited:
Any of yall try the cordless andis slimline pro LI for beards?

I tried fixing my andis but they wont cut and i wana try some new ones

Last edited:
THinkin bout free forming any tips or resources?
I've done some research but I value some of y'all's opinions.

Back
Top Bottom