Black Enlightenment Thread. (*Index Added**Book & Movie Club Update on Pg.1)

this is bull %+##. i read the wrong god damn book, i read Things Fall apart, but it was about containing the spillover from an iraqi civil war. it was a goodread so far, but still i read the wrong god damn book. @@*@+% bull %+##

whoa whoa whoa...we still reading? i didn't know a book was chosen...i'm reading Out Kind of People from the Upper Class Blacks thread...itsreally good...

when are we discussing the book picked?

I have Stolen Legacy already so we should read that next
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by kix4kix

Originally Posted by haiti5

i hate michael eric dyson with his 10 letter word diatribes..he taught a seminar class at DePaul when i was a freshman and i usually disagreed with dude..but he on point..until he is cut off
laugh.gif
tired.gif

He always seems like he is speaking in toast to me.
He is right though, we are cowards. Whites afraid to speak their true minds, and blacks afraid of being called delusional.

They put him on pause mad times. I hate these little one on one battles nothing ever produces out of them. Its like they didnt even argue.

Y'all wanna get this crackin again?

Everyone has to seriously participate to keep this rolling properly though....

Suggested Ignore List: (Will help make your reading of this thread a more productive endeavor)
laugh.gif
good call. foresight ftw.

Ill try to get around to reading through some of this stuff later. looks good.

i'm down what are we reading and how will we work the discussion part? we'll probably need a new thread just to keep it organized...

question...which rappers are the future voices of the black communities???

i posed a statement on Twitter *coughs* twitter.com/thewrapupnyc *coughs*, and i truely feel that David Banner, Mysonne, & Buju Banton should be at thefore front of all hood affairs...it sounds crazy but they speak of such straight foward common sense that i believe they can make hard heads listen just alittle more...

i love David Banner...to hear his speak with so much passion is such a turn on...i have Stolen Legacy already so i'm down with that?

We makin questions as we read to ask each other or is there gonna be a study guide type thing?

laugh.gif
I've gotten that a lot here in my 8 years on NT. *shrugs* I guess it's just that PG County swagger.

Are we going to try to keep this focused solely on the book(s) at hand, or are we free to contribute whatever? I don't wanna derail this...

Just read through this entire thread yesterday. Took hours, but got it done. Haze you always tryin to spread knowledge, its a beautiful thing. I'm gonna goto the library today, and get stolen legacy and things fall apart. I think we should have weekly themes, aside from the book or movie reading. And Haze youshould just pick them. AfroLatino could be a topic. Egypt. Black Panther Party, etc. etc. My 2cents. Peace.

Stolen legacy what is the book about? sorry If I have not done the proper research. I am currently at work on my lunch break so I am away from a computer.

Back
Top Bottom