Black Culture Discussion Thread

As much as I disliked Chuck running his mouth like a **** and didn't want to watch, Race seems like a cool show. If it's genuine, props to him taking a step back to shut up and learn.

Actually nvm, ended with him talking that "we gotta do better" ****. :lol: Baltimore got in his ***.

He really thought he could bring that c**n mentality to Baltimore. :lol: Wrong place Chuck.

TNT let Charles "I don't know if slavery was that bad" Barkley host a show about race. :stoneface: :lol:

raJAd34L

JOHANNESBURG (AP) — Two white South African white farmers who are accused of murdering a Black teenager were granted bail in the racially sensitive case.

Angry protesters demonstrated outside the courthouse during the hearing Monday for the suspects in the rural town of Coligny in North West province. A house was set on fire after the two men were granted bail of $370 each.

South African media say the farmers on April 20 allegedly caught a 16-year-old while he was stealing sunflowers and put him in the back of a van.

The farmers say the boy died after jumping out of the van while it was moving, but prosecutors say he was pushed or thrown out of the vehicle.

Looting and other violence occurred in Coligny around the time of the boy’s death.

Harvard to hold graduation ceremony for black students only

Harvard University will hold a graduation ceremony exclusively for its black student population on 23 May.

More than 170 students and 530 guests have signed up to attend the Black Commencement event, the first university wide ceremony for black students.

The organisers say that the event is a celebration of "fellowship" rather than "segregation" and highlights the unique achievements of black students at an institution that has grappled with its historic ties to slavery.

Michael Huggins, a student who will receive a master's degree in public policy from the Harvard Kennedy School in Massachusetts at the end of this month, told The Root that the ceremony is "an opportunity to celebrate Harvard's black excellence and black brilliance."

https://www.yahoo.com/news/harvard-hold-graduation-ceremony-black-124111044.html

Harvard to hold graduation ceremony for black students only

Harvard University will hold a graduation ceremony exclusively for its black student population on 23 May.

More than 170 students and 530 guests have signed up to attend the Black Commencement event, the first university wide ceremony for black students.

The organisers say that the event is a celebration of "fellowship" rather than "segregation" and highlights the unique achievements of black students at an institution that has grappled with its historic ties to slavery.

Michael Huggins, a student who will receive a master's degree in public policy from the Harvard Kennedy School in Massachusetts at the end of this month, told The Root that the ceremony is "an opportunity to celebrate Harvard's black excellence and black brilliance."

https://www.yahoo.com/news/harvard-hold-graduation-ceremony-black-124111044.html
Corny...

This is one of those situations where I feel the question of "if white people did it" yadda yadda yadda. I get the concept but yea, nah.

I'm not mad at those Harvard grads. Who cares what "they" think? Carve your own lane.

In other news, The Root is white owned.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom