Black Culture Discussion Thread

DBAm3AkXsAI3bIp.jpg

black culture. 

heres a serious question... 

where does the Caribbeans fall under black culture? 

Cuba, DR, P.R. , Trinidad, Jamaica and etc. 

are these considered part of black culture (regardless if they're are light or dark skinned)

black culture. 

heres a serious question... 

where does the Caribbeans fall under black culture? 

Cuba, DR, P.R. , Trinidad, Jamaica and etc. 

are these considered part of black culture (regardless if they're are light or dark skinned)
They obviously have African roots, but you have those who don't understand or refuse to accepts that

id say people not identifying with african roots is just as much or bigger problem in america 
nerd.gif

carribeean is black hell the question should be how much of "black culture" in america come from the caribbean? 
nerd.gif

They obviously have African roots, but you have those who don't understand or refuse to accepts that

YouTube has plenty of videos with Mexicans and other Hispanic or Latino people surprised at their DNA results. Africans came to North and South America long ago and mixed with the natives and then they mixed with Europeans.

The pic if that little girl has my blood boiling I honestly that teachers catches a mean *** fade for that

If you live in the surrounding area, check this out. First black independent owner / operator of a grocery store in Compton. Called Grocery Outlet

It being in Compton definitely keeps WS from coming through and burning it down or damaging property.

One thing that's been annoying me lately is black folks talking greasy about "hood" black folks in front of white folks. Example: I have a black coworker who I wouldn't necessarily is a ****, but will say things such as "this area is ghetto, don't go there" to white co-workers. Had a white coworker come back from vacation who talked about how bad the area was he travelled through. Black co-workers says, "I told you that area was ghetto" so forth and so on.

Now we know that ghetto is coded language for an area full of black folks, mostly working class with some stand-out knuckleheads who sadly get the most attention. Just pisses me off when black folks don't realize WE ARE ALL GHETTO to (some) white folks and talking greasy about "hood" black folks isn't going to protect you.

If you live in the surrounding area, check this out. First black independent owner / operator of a grocery store in Compton. Called Grocery Outlet

Crazy to me that this is just happening. What do we need to educate folks? The hood has too much hustlers born out of necessity to not have more independent black owned businesses​.

Last edited:
Crazy to me that this is just happening. What do we need to educate folks? The hood has too much hustlers born out of necessity to not have more independent black owned businesses​.
Brothas around the way too concerned with getting trinkets than opening business (outside of a barber shop). Went around my old neighborhood, a WaWa that shut down months ago got flipped into another convenience store owned by an Arab dude.

One thing that's been annoying me lately is black folks talking greasy about "hood" black folks in front of white folks. Example: I have a black coworker who I wouldn't necessarily is a ****, but will say things such as "this area is ghetto, don't go there" to white co-workers. Had a white coworker come back from vacation who talked about how bad the area was he travelled through. Black co-workers says, "I told you that area was ghetto" so forth and so on.

Now we know that ghetto is coded language for an area full of black folks, mostly working class with some stand-out knuckleheads who sadly get the most attention. Just pisses me off when black folks don't realize WE ARE ALL GHETTO to (some) white folks and talking greasy about "hood" black folks isn't going to protect you.
I dont mess with people like that...1 thing i will never do is talk slick about my race infront of white people or any other race in general.

It's the mentality I believe. But lately, I've been seeing and hearing about a lot of black owned nail salons and beauty salons popping up. Seeing how that's what our women spend a lot of money at, I think that's a good start. Although, it baffles me on why we don't have a chain of barbershops instead of the rundown, hood shops I see.

It's the mentality I believe. But lately, I've been seeing and hearing about a lot of black owned nail salons and beauty salons popping up. Seeing how that's what our women spend a lot of money at, I think that's a good start. Although, it baffles me on why we don't have a chain of barbershops instead of the rundown, hood shops I see.
Black women should have the nail shop/beauty supply/hair salon game on lock in 2017 and kicked Asians out a long time ago (no disrespect to any Asian viewers) . Remember the old hair and nail schools back in the day? What did they do with those degrees?

Black women should have the nail shop/beauty supply/hair salon game on lock in 2017 and kicked Asians out a long time ago (no disrespect to any Asian viewers) . Remember the old hair and nail schools back in the day? What did they do with those degrees?
I agree on the nail shop and beauty supply part. Something that should've been dealt with a long time ago. However, hair salons, at least near me are high majority owned by black woman, and see nothing but black employees, because nobody else can work with out hair. Especially with the natural movement in full swing. Relaxer sales to this day are still declining.

This is a good point. What happens on the outside in the hood is no worse than what happens on the inside of suburban America.

Back
Top Bottom