Biggest Homer Announcing Team?

I know I've seen this thread before, but I can't find it. I've been watching a lot of streams from different teams since I can't get A's games on TV when I'm at school, and man....some of these announcers are crazy homers.

The White Sox TV team damn near ejaculates every time someone on their team hits a ball in the air. "Adam hits one to left center, GET DOWN! GET DOWN!". Come on, where's the professionalism.

Mostly, I just can't stand when announcers call players by their first names.

Who do you guys think is the worst when it comes to this?

I know I've seen this thread before, but I can't find it. I've been watching a lot of streams from different teams since I can't get A's games on TV when I'm at school, and man....some of these announcers are crazy homers.

The White Sox TV team damn near ejaculates every time someone on their team hits a ball in the air. "Adam hits one to left center, GET DOWN! GET DOWN!". Come on, where's the professionalism.

Mostly, I just can't stand when announcers call players by their first names.

Who do you guys think is the worst when it comes to this?

stu-lantz.jpg

damn hes ugly! 
laugh.gif

The A's announcers are homers. There are bigger ones out there, but Fosse and Kuiper are guilty too.

The A's announcers are homers. There are bigger ones out there, but Fosse and Kuiper are guilty too.

Originally Posted by acidicality

Portland, especially Mike Rice.
OKC is bad too.
The funny thing about the Zombies is they went from one of the league's best (Marques Johnson was doing some games that last season in Seattle with Calabro) to one of the worst (Brian Davis automatically makes your announcing team a bottom feeder).

Portland games I have to watch on mute.

Originally Posted by acidicality

Portland, especially Mike Rice.
OKC is bad too.
The funny thing about the Zombies is they went from one of the league's best (Marques Johnson was doing some games that last season in Seattle with Calabro) to one of the worst (Brian Davis automatically makes your announcing team a bottom feeder).

Portland games I have to watch on mute.

--Portland Trailblazers. Hands down.
--I dont think Stu Lantz is a homer but he's GARBAGE at commentating. Chick Hearn FTW. RIP.

--Portland Trailblazers. Hands down.
--I dont think Stu Lantz is a homer but he's GARBAGE at commentating. Chick Hearn FTW. RIP.

Tampa Bay Rays and its not even close. Not only homer bums, but the most boring and least baseball-knowing commentators I have ever listened to in my lifetime. ChiSox guys are pretty bad too but at least a little entertaining and have some baseball knowledge.

Back
Top Bottom