Best State to live in?

I agree grew up in Spartanburg, close to Asheville, Myrtle Beach not too far from Charleston. Winters arent too bad. Close to Clemson campus and university of South Carolina.

Live in Kentucky now, not bad winters can be harsh. We're getting 10 inches of snow today :smh:
Where you living?

tbh, Cali is prob the best bet. As a state, it offers everything you could possibly want, snow, dessert, big cities, little towns, farmland, hippy living, suit and tie culture, country/redneck living, beach bum life, etc 

most diverse state in the country.

Cali has it all.

/thread

Only if you can afford it though

LA got recently named the most unaffordable city in the country (COL + avg income). SF and NYC are more expensive but pay more as well

I'm born and raised Cali but I wouldn't tell anyone to move here permanently unless they pulling at least 100K.

Even then you might have to compromise on location or house size. Cali is not created equal. Big difference in living in Rialto vs Santa Monica

Plus the public school system sucks for the most part

As a state, it offers everything you could possibly want, snow, dessert, big cities, little towns, farmland, hippy living, suit and tie culture, country/redneck living, beach bum life, etc 

Cali is Dope, truth! And that's what is so G about the state...the variety of the terrain. Half of my family still lives there in Cerritos/Artesia. I spent a couple of summers there in grade school up until I was 16, now I go back every other year to visit. I just couldn't live there because I see what I paid for my home on the lake here and what my relatives paid for their homes in SoCal and it's Ridic.

I don't get it. Uptown has been dead on the weekends I've been in Charlotte. It doesn't appear to be a residential downtown/uptown…kindly like downtown ATL on the weekends. Dead. Maybe I'm trippin though….

Where did you actually go, I'm curious?

Because every corner in center city has a 25 story condo tower or a mid-level apartment building...which is my knock with Uptown because after banking hrs, there are ZERO places to do any shopping. Granted, jump on the rail line or your car and you're only 5mins from shoppes like Target, Best Buy, Trader Joes, etc. But if you wanna stay within the skyscrapers, you have only two grocers, about 4 Rite Aids, 1 gas station; which is not enough IMO.

Cali is expensive.... But the only part I like about Cali is Southern Cal .. North California is nothing but forest and ghost towns.. except for Sacramento city is nice 

Haha what? You are all wrong about northern CA. You missed on every single point. Hahaha.

Lewisport, KY 90 miles west of Louisville. Its a small rural town but I enjoy it lived here since i was 14. Owensboro and Evansville, IN are close for shopping and what not.

What part of KY you from?
Lexington ,try to tell people KY isn't a bad place to live but no one wants to hear it :lol:

Lexington is nice stayed there for 2 weeks while training for work.

My wife lived in Louisville for 12 years we go there a good bit.

Ky is good to live in, you got Cinncinatti and Nasville close. Not to bad of a drive to Atlanta, Alabama or Florida, Indy is a quick drive too.

I love living here, not digging this winter storm. Never kniw about KY weather, last tuesday i played golf and it was a comfortable 50 degrees

My vote goes to Texas>Florida>Washington>Nevada>Tennessee>South Dakota>Wyoming>New Hampshire due to no state income tax.

Theres alot of money in Texas. OIL/GAS Healthcare in Houston and Technology in Austin.

a state like nh with no sales tax has very high property taxes

so a lot of people shop in nh but live in a neighboring state

something google might no tell you

Summer:

1) Chicago

2) NYC

3) San Diego/Orange County

4) Denver

5) SF

6) Boston

Winter:

1) San Diego/Orange County

2) Miami

3) Scottsdale

4) Austin

Last edited:
http://www.cnbc.com/id/101719133/page/11

How the heck is Vermont and S and N Dakota in the top 6? I agree with Number one being Hawaii 

Vermont is awesome, amazing and horrible all at the same time... It's like living on Bizarro World... It was such a different way of life... Burlington is such an odd place compared to the rest of the state... I miss living there and thankful I don't at the same time...

And when I lived there... I litterly did ALL my shopping in NH...

My vote goes to Texas>Florida>Washington>Nevada>Tennessee>South Dakota>Wyoming>New Hampshire due to no state income tax.

I get all off those states except the ones that don't have pro teams like the last three. I gotta have my sports venues bro even if I wasn't a fan of the home team.

Moved to South Dakota (rapid city) for business from DC. The DMV area is my favorite area. Im a military brat lived all over the US. I can tell you by being out here for about a year and half. Not as much to do during winter alot to do in the summer. If u want to chill and set up your life chess moves (im 26) its a great area to do it. I have saved a rack of money by being here. Now if your setup and looking to do the family thing theres no better area than the DC/NOVA area.

Last edited:
a cali move or bust for me. i cant do this 6 months of winter **** anymore 

this polar vortex
sick.gif

OP, why are you looking to move from FL? Just curious as to your reasons cause that can influence the opinions on which states is best.

My dad is from Oregon and his side of our family lives outside of Seattle now, and my little sister just moved to Portland.  I would love to move out to the pacific northwest, and it would be easy for me to find a job in Seattle or a 100% remote job; but my wife will never leave the Philadelphia area. We live in a great area now though, so i cant really complain too much.  The natural beauty in the northwest is incredible to me.

Massachusetts is pretty dope... but after graduation I'm thinking bout moving to tx (my parents moved to Houston a few years ago) weather and cost of living a lot better. I Lived there for two years in high school and was lovin the weather. 3000 sq ft houses going for as low as 200k, same house would probably go for 800k-1m here in MA. smh. I'm really intrigued with the pacific northwest too.

Back
Top Bottom