Ben Roethlisberger accused of sexual assault by another woman

Originally Posted by GTEK

Santonio accused of assualt and within a matter of days he's traded.

Ben damn near catches 2 rape charges and nothing yet has been done.

This is getting old.
you are a tadbit uninformed.

Santonio Holmes has failed several drug tests, been arrested and also is in his last yr of a contract. not to mention Holmes  has already been suspended for 4 games for the upcoming season, and since he has been caught over and over,  its a risk to count on him since one more flunked or missed test gets him suspended for an entire yr

WRs are alot easier to replace than QBs. that was strictly a football decision

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Originally Posted by AG 47

Originally Posted by AG 47

suspend him for what? not being guilty?

so basically any opposing team female fan can go aroudn accusing QBs multiple times and end up getting them suspended. I think thats pretty dumb

Chris Henry (RIP) would say yes.
sorry man,
you dont know what youre talkin about

Chris Henry PLEAD GUILTY to avoid jail time n several different occasions

I distinctly remember one (
laugh.gif
) of Henry's last cases, he was proven innocent, but was suspended before the outcome of the case.

In Big Ben's case, clearly his conduct has put him in some compromising positions. This is what? The 3rd girl crying sexual assault/rape?

I'd be VERY shocked if he does not get suspended honestly.
Drug Possession: Dec. 15, 2005 - Marijuana possession charge in Lexington, Kentucky. Henry pleads guilty and enters a drug rehabilitation program to avoid jail time.

Firearm Violation: Jan. 28, 2006 - Possession of a concealed firearm, improper exhibition of a firearm, and aggravated assault with a firearm in Orlando, Florida. Again, he pleads guilty to concealed weapon charge and is placed on probation for two years and ordered to serve 100 hours of community service.

DUI: June 3, 2006 - Driving Under the Influence in Union Township, Clermont County. Although sentenced to 30 days in jail, the sentence is suspended, and Henry avoids a DUI conviction by pleading guilty to a lesser charge of reckless operation of a vehicle

Corruption of a Minor: June 14, 2006 - Allegedly provides alcohol to three under-aged females in a Covington, Kentucky hotel room. He serves two days in jail, after pleading guilty to permitting possession or consumption of alcoholic beverages by minors.

thats 4 guilty pleas

and you cant see the damn difference in someone Henry getting suspended  and Ben, who hasnt plead guilty or been convicted of any charges

but yeah, I know,  youre  just tryin to cover your *!% for not knowing what you were speakin on in the first place

The following April, Henry was suspended for the first eight games of the 2007 NFL season for violations of the NFL's personal conduct policy.

It doesn't matter whether Ben was guilty of sexual assault or rape, the simple fact alone that he was getting under-age girls drunk
is reason enough to suspend him. Now you gone say his body guard was the one supplying the girls the alcohol and he had no hand in
it? I'm pretty sure that violates the NFL conduct policy. Same reasoning behind Chris Henry's suspension.

In Chris Henry's case, he was guilty until proven innocent. Sure he had priors, but that doesn't explain his suspension in 2008 when
Goodell states it was Henry's personal behavior that caused the suspension.

the simple fact alone that he was getting under-age girls drunk
is reason enough to suspend him.

he does not own the club, he is not responsible for those girls being in there and allowed to drink
the people responsible for her drinkin is the owner of the liquor license in the club. Ben is not responsible for her drinking

Henry has been arrested five times since the Bengals made him a third-round draft pick out of West Virginia in 2005. His misconduct was one of the factors that prompted Goodell to tighten the league's policies last year and strengthen its punishment for players who get in trouble with the law.

arrested 5 times, 4 guilty pleas and he was suspended pending outcome of a trial. You dont think thats fair?
If you dont understand how Henry's previous troubles and Guilty pleas were held against him then I dont know what world you live in...

I dont think you even understand the policy that you keep bringin up

This is getting old

Way to ignore all the other factors and variables.  Read the threads, understand the situation

the people responsible for her drinkin is the owner of the liquor license in the club. Ben is not responsible for her drinking
I'm sure he doesn't want to, but really if Ben is in a civil case, he could turn around and file one against the bar for having her in there while being underage and allowed to drink.  Again I'm sure he doesn't want to go that route but in theory he could.  All in all this just sucks, disappoints me as a Steeler fan, but MUCH more embarrassing for my university.  That is what really pisses me off

Rape cases are so difficult for the prosecution to win and when you factor in Ben's money along with the fear of losing one's job for losing the case it is no surprise that no charges were filed.

Originally Posted by GTEK

This is getting old.
its a conduct policy ... poor conduct by ben w/ the same issue ... let's be serious ... suspend him and get it over with ... 4 games 

Thank you GUNNA for bringing any semblance of intelligent thought into some of these claims.

The racial intent is nowhere near the issue of Santonio compared with Ben, yet, many idiot fans who know nothing, put racial assumptions into the equation when there is no reason for it whatsoever.

I don't think Big Ben deserves to suspended based on that he wasn't charged. I hate to say it but honestly I feel that had these same circumstances happened to a darker complexion player with the same history as Big Ben they would've at least been charged with sexual assault with the charges eventually being dropped. Look at the Kobe Bryant case, he cooperated and there was no physical bruises unlike with the Big Ben case and he was still charged.

With all that said I think the right decision for Goodell would be to suspend Big Ben for 2-4 games, so no other players can say Goodell is being unfair.I really can't see the bad part of handing a suspension to Ben Roethlisberger. It would send a clear and strong message to every player in the league that the Personal Conduct policy is a super serious matter.

goodell suspends players for having a DUI which is not even close to what this dude has done...he gets mad at people for getting speeding tickets so if he looks the other way then he will be a hypocrite to his own policy of protecting the league..

Again, the examples you provided are OFFICIAL police charges.  Until Ben gets charged with something formal from the police that night Goodell has no ground to suspend him.

^^So, your saying that until he has criminal charges pressed against him your claiming his innocence? So because he's famous he should get away with this by paying people off? Point of the whole thing is, Ben is a public figure. Most of America's football fans are following this story. Ben is dragging both the Steelers name and the NFL's name through the mud. Why is a 28 year old man hanging out with underage girls at clubs drinking with them in the first place? No it wasnt his club/bar, but if he had half of a brain he would stop putting himself in these situations. So with what
your saying, its perfectly fine to continue to assault women and as long as you dont get caught, keep doing it? Do you know how hard it is to prove someone was sexually assaulted? Not raped...sexually assaulted. Unless you have bruises, cuts, scrapes, multiple direct witnesses for example its nearly impossible.

"Im selling coke, ill keep selling it until i get caught by the police". Thats okay?

Ben was at the club/bar that night drinking with these women. They got extremely intoxicated and Ben's Bodyguard lead the girl down the hall into a 5x5 bathroom stall in which Ben followed her into. What exactly do you think happened in that stall? Do you think they sat down and discussed how Ben can avoid being sacked as much?

People outside of the circle can speculate all they want about what happened that night, but know the facts. Being young and living in Pittsburgh i know what Ben is. I do not know him personally, however many of my friends know him. When he's in town, Ben is constantly at area clubs/bars. A few of my friends have also told me Ben has tried to make moves on them. This man is nothing but a sleezeball and no one on here for one second will change my mind trying to say he is innocent and he should have no actions filed against him. You cannot continue this ridiculous behavior and expect nothing to be done. 

Originally Posted by Fade On You

^^So, your saying that until he has criminal charges pressed against him your claiming his innocence? So because he's famous he should get away with this by paying people off? Point of the whole thing is, Ben is a public figure. Most of America's football fans are following this story. Ben is dragging both the Steelers name and the NFL's name through the mud. Why is a 28 year old man hanging out with underage girls at clubs drinking with them in the first place? No it wasnt his club/bar, but if he had half of a brain he would stop putting himself in these situations. So with what
your saying, its perfectly fine to continue to assault women and as long as you dont get caught, keep doing it? Do you know how hard it is to prove someone was sexually assaulted? Not raped...sexually assaulted. Unless you have bruises, cuts, scrapes, multiple direct witnesses for example its nearly impossible.
You're going all over the map.  A 28 year old man has a reasonable expectation that the company he holds IN A BAR would be that of legal drinking age, not underage. You make it sound like this girl was 15. 

its perfectly fine to continue to assault women and as long as you dont get caught, keep doing it? Do you know how hard it is to prove someone was sexually assaulted? Not raped...sexually assaulted. Unless you have bruises, cuts, scrapes, multiple direct witnesses for example its nearly impossible.

I never said it was fine to assault women, cause it's not.  With that being said until Ben gets CHARGED with sexual assualt or something along those lines it's nothing more than he say, she say.  If Goodell gives out a suspension with no official police charge what's to stop any girl or women thats around a famous athlete at a club or other event to NOT scream out rape the same night or the next day.  You do realize that there are guys who get accussed of rape even though sex at the time was consentual between the two parties, and the next day for some reason the female decides to flip the switch and cry out rape.........it happens.  It is sad that it takes so much to prove rape or sexual assault in many cases, but unfortunately that's the way it is. 

They got extremely intoxicated and Ben's Bodyguard lead the girl down the hall into a 5x5 bathroom stall in which Ben followed her into. What exactly do you think happened in that stall? Do you think they sat down and discussed how Ben can avoid being sacked as much?

I'm not sure what happened that night in that bathroom stall between the young lady and Ben, but whatever did occur it wasn't CRIMINAL.

Being young and living in Pittsburgh i know what Ben is. I do not know him personally, however many of my friends know him

I would probably take your basis of Ben a little more seriously if you said...."Yeah man my female 3rd cousin's boyfriend has a friend who used to live 20 miles away from Ben's house was the neighbor of a friend that used to deliver the mail to Ben's house."

People outside of the circle can speculate all they want about what happened that night, but know the facts.
Here's the facts as the general public knows it champ........Ben went out to a local club that night with some friends, took some pictures with some cops, and was in a bathroom stall with an ugly white chick.........end of story.

If you want to charge Ben with a crime, charge him with rocking a bad hair style a few days ago.  Other than that he should be good to go in the eyes of Goodell. 

Originally Posted by LazyJ10

You're going all over the map.  A 28 year old man has a reasonable expectation that the company he holds IN A BAR would be that of legal drinking age, not underage. You make it sound like this girl was 15. 

Whats the difference if shes 20, 19, or 15? Illegal is illegal, period.

Again, for every time an athlete goes to a bar or a club, if he suppose to go up to EVERY female that is near his presence and ask to see their id??  No matter how you try to chop it up, it wasn't Ben's fault or responsibility that a 20 year old girl was drinking while he was around.  It is the club's responsibility not to allow a 20 year old onto their premises while alcohol is being served.

^^So, your saying that until he has criminal charges pressed against him your claiming his innocence? So because he's famous he should get away with this by paying people off? Point of the whole thing is, Ben is a public figure. Most of America's football fans are following this story. Ben is dragging both the Steelers name and the NFL's name through the mud. Why is a 28 year old man hanging out with underage girls at clubs drinking with them in the first place? No it wasnt his club/bar, but if he had half of a brain he would stop putting himself in these situations. So with what your saying, its perfectly fine to continue to assault women and as long as you dont get caught, keep doing it? Do you know how hard it is to prove someone was sexually assaulted? Not raped...sexually assaulted. Unless you have bruises, cuts, scrapes, multiple direct witnesses for example its nearly impossible.

Because if she was 15, Ben would obviously be able to tell that she was underage.

Originally Posted by JD617

^^So, your saying that until he has criminal charges pressed against him your claiming his innocence? So because he's famous he should get away with this by paying people off? Point of the whole thing is, Ben is a public figure. Most of America's football fans are following this story. Ben is dragging both the Steelers name and the NFL's name through the mud. Why is a 28 year old man hanging out with underage girls at clubs drinking with them in the first place? No it wasnt his club/bar, but if he had half of a brain he would stop putting himself in these situations. So with what your saying, its perfectly fine to continue to assault women and as long as you dont get caught, keep doing it? Do you know how hard it is to prove someone was sexually assaulted? Not raped...sexually assaulted. Unless you have bruises, cuts, scrapes, multiple direct witnesses for example its nearly impossible.

Because if she was 15, Ben would obviously be able to tell that she was underage.

Her being 20 was underage. If you get out any you would easily seen how these young girls act/dress these days. A 15 yr old can EASILY pull off 18+.

Originally Posted by JD617

Her being 20 was underage. If you get out any you would easily seen how these young girls act/dress these days. A 15 yr old can EASILY pull off 18+.

In the eyes of the law (at least some in states) she's a contributing factor to the crime, because she herself broke the law.
Fact still is the same, legally, Ben has a reasonable expectation that whomever he's screwing in the bathroom is at least 21.

The NFL is the opposite side of the spectrum, they can call it conduct detrimental to the team, etc, but without a charge it's hard to suspend him because he's a sleazeball.

If a 15-year-old can pull off 18+, what do you think a 20-year-old can pull off? You're saying that Ben should've known that she was less than a year underage just by her appearance? Fact of the matter is, it wasn't Ben's fault that a 20-year-old was drinking at a bar. That's not his responsibility.

Ben is at fault for being a creep, douche, and possible rapist, but the bar is at fault for letting that girl in. That aspect of it isn't Ben's problem.

I never said it was fine to assault women, cause it's not.  With that being said until Ben gets CHARGED with sexual assualt or something along those lines it's nothing more than he say, she say.  If Goodell gives out a suspension with no official police charge what's to stop any girl or women thats around a famous athlete at a club or other event to NOT scream out rape the same night or the next day.  You do realize that there are guys who get accussed of rape even though sex at the time was consentual between the two parties, and the next day for some reason the female decides to flip the switch and cry out rape.........it happens.  It is sad that it takes so much to prove rape or sexual assault in many cases, but unfortunately that's the way it is. 

So until he gets charged through this corrupt system you refuse to believe his guilt? If your blaming this on the females being money hungry/attention %%%%!! why aren't these charges being brought up against any number of the hundreds more NFL players? Its just a coincidence they're all against the same guy? Like i said before its nearly impossible without any physical marks to prove someone was sexuall assaulted. Not raped, sexually assaulted. They're two completely different things. So because they didnt find any marks on this women he's innocent?
laugh.gif

I'm not sure what happened that night in that bathroom stall between the young lady and Ben, but whatever did occur it wasn't CRIMINAL.
You know this how? Were you in that stall with them? Of course your going to flip it and ask how do i know he's guilty....i know of things Ben has done, this is no different then his usuals.

I would probably take your basis of Ben a little more seriously if you said...."Yeah man my female 3rd cousin's boyfriend has a friend who used to live 20 miles away from Ben's house was the neighbor of a friend that used to deliver the mail to Ben's house."
So again, your telling me multiple friends of mine were lying to me when they told me these things? Before the first assault case even came to light? You sure do know a lot.

Here's the facts as the general public knows it champ........Ben went out to a local club that night with some friends, took some pictures with some cops, and was in a bathroom stall with an ugly white chick.........end of story.

If you want to charge Ben with a crime, charge him with rocking a bad hair style a few days ago.  Other than that he should be good to go in the eyes of Goodell. 
Again, you fall into the category you just described, the general public. Turn a blind eye to the facts im telling you if you want to, that's up to you. Ben is a public figure, he chose to be this. He has an image to maintain. He also carries the NFL's image with him. If you have a job you would also know that there is a certain way you have to carry yourself. You can act up at work or you would get reprimanded for it. Granted Ben wasn't at work, but like stated before Ben is a public figure. When you are in the public eye you have to learn how to carry yourself. You can't just continue to act out and expect nothing to happen. If he didn't want this lifestyle and he wanted the party boy lifestyle he could have had that. Ben chose this. He knew he would constantly be watched no matter what he does. His actions are not acceptable, period.

JD617 wrote:
If a 15-year-old can pull off 18+, what do you think a 20-year-old can pull off? You're saying that Ben should've known that she was less than a year underage just by her appearance? Fact of the matter is, it wasn't Ben's fault that a 20-year-old was drinking at a bar. That's not his responsibility.

Ben is at fault for being a creep, douche, and possible rapist, but the bar is at fault for letting that girl in. That aspect of it isn't Ben's problem.

Your attempting to argue an invalid point here when we are both agreeing it was the bars fault. Regardless of how old she was, his actions that night are not acceptable. I never once said Ben should have said "Let me see your ID". The bar is completely at fault here for allowing her into it in the first place, however Ben should not have put himself in this situation to begin with.

I never once said Ben should have said "Let me see your ID".  
Then how was he supposed to know she was underage? You just said this earlier:

Why is a 28 year old man hanging out with underage girls at clubs drinking with them in the first place?
You agreed that there's no way Ben could've known from her appearance that she was underage, and you agreed that he's not responsible for checking IDs. So you must also agree that her age is irrelevant.

Ben should not have put himself in this situation to begin with.
Well yeah, that much we can all agree with.

JD617 wrote:

I never once said Ben should have said "Let me see your ID".  
Then how was he supposed to know she was underage? You just said this earlier:

Why is a 28 year old man hanging out with underage girls at clubs drinking with them in the first place?
You agreed that there's no way Ben could've known from her appearance that she was underage, and you agreed that he's not responsible for checking IDs. So you must also agree that her age is irrelevant.

Ben should not have put himself in this situation to begin with.
Well yeah, that much we can all agree with.

Her age is irrelevant, however that doesn't take away from the fact shes still illegal
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom