Ben Roethlisberger accused of sexual assault by another woman

If I was the commish, I would much rather my players be involved in drugs, alcohol and guns than involved in "allegedly" sexually assaulting multiple women.

With the points that Ill, Gunna and CP have brought up, why I think the team suspends hm and not the NFL. NFLPA would be all over Goodell

Unless Ben is formally brought up on charges or openly admits to misconduct somehow on his part, he SHOULDN'T be suspended by the Steelers or by Goodell.  At this point in time no matter how you look at it or how bad it might be, it's nothing more than he say she say talk since Ben won't be facing criminal charges.

Yes, he wasnt charged, but its still a bad look for the league.
It may be a bad look for the league, but as it stands now all Ben did was go to the bar with some friends that night, so in essence that's not a bad look.  However the media or any other outlet tries to spin this story is out of Ben's control, which is why as it stands now with no official charges against Ben he should be good to go.     

Ben already shaved the locks
laugh.gif

0413-roethlisberger2-tmz-video-credit.jpg

It may be a bad look for the league, but as it stands now all Ben did was go to the bar with some friends that night, so in essence that's not a bad look.  However the media or any other outlet tries to spin this story is out of Ben's control, which is why as it stands now with no official charges against Ben he should be good to go. 

As stated earlier, it's "conduct" in the eyes of the NFL.  Ben has admitted at minimum that he was boozing up at a bar, there were underage girls in his company, and he had sexual contact with one of the underage (20 yrs old) girls in a public bathroom with his boy(s) blocking anyone's entry.

It's far more than "all Ben did was go to the bar with some friends that night" to Goodell.

I love how cp threw the jets under the bus hahahha

He neve miss a chance to throw a shot at teams he hates

Ben has admitted at minimum that he was boozing up at a bar, there were underage girls in his company, and he had sexual contact with one of the underage (20 yrs old) girls in a public bathroom with his boy(s) blocking anyone's entry.

From you statement, the only item that could possibly stick and even this might be reaching a bit would be the drinking while underage individuals were around.  Even with that, I think it would be difficult to suspend Ben for more than 1 game at best.  As far as the sexual contact is concerned the girl is 20 years old, not 13, she's legal no matter how you view it, and having sex in a public bathroom while your boys are cheering you on watching or not means nothing. 

^ That's to me and you though. To the NFL it's different. This is a CONDUCT policy, nothing more. About representing the league and the players are hammered each year over this by the NFL. This is not a "is this legal or not" issue. Almost everyone agrees he is going to get some sort of punishment because that conduct led to embarrassment of the shield, negative press, etc.

I agree, the chic wasn't 17....she was 20. But her not being 21 and getting boozed up in Ben's VIP corner won't help I'm sure. Even though Ben obviously wasn't checking IDs LOL.

20 is the same as 30 in terms of sex, not in terms to alcohol of course. I just don't see the NFLPA allowing it, they would fight it so hard regardless of deserved, however again I think the team does

Originally Posted by RyGuy45

^ That's to me and you though. To the NFL it's different. This is a CONDUCT policy, nothing more. About representing the league and the players are hammered each year over this by the NFL. This is not a "is this legal or not" issue. Almost everyone agrees he is going to get some sort of punishment because that conduct led to embarrassment of the shield, negative press, etc.

I agree, the chic wasn't 17....she was 20. But her not being 21 and getting boozed up in Ben's VIP corner won't help I'm sure. Even though Ben obviously wasn't checking IDs LOL.

I hear what your saying and I see where your coming from, but honestly how can you the league or the Steelers organization hold Ben accountable for a 20 year old girl drinking in his presence.  If anything that's the responsibility of the club or owners not to let underage drinking occur on their premises.  Now if this were to happen at Ben's house or party room that he privately rented out then yes you would make a valid point.  It's not like Ben is suppose to walk up to any and everybody that he's around and ask to see their id to see if they are legally old enough to drink or have drinks while he's around.  At the end of the day, this conduct policy by the NFL although it's meant to keep players away from making bad moves off the field is a complete joke unless official police charges are brought against said player or they are found guilty the the judicial courts of the land.  Any and everything else doesn't/shouldn't matter.

Originally Posted by RyGuy45

I hear what your saying and I see where your coming from, but honestly how can you the league or the Steelers organization hold Ben accountable for a 20 year old girl drinking in his presence.  If anything that's the responsibility of the club or owners not to let underage drinking occur on their premises.  Now if this were to happen at Ben's house or party room that he privately rented out then yes you would make a valid point.  It's not like Ben is suppose to walk up to any and everybody that he's around and ask to see their id to see if they are legally old enough to drink or have drinks while he's around.  At the end of the day, this conduct policy by the NFL although it's meant to keep players away from making bad moves off the field is a complete joke unless official police charges are brought against said player or they are found guilty the the judicial courts of the land.  Any and everything else doesn't/shouldn't matter.

At the worst, it sounds like Big Ben is just a creep for hanging around college bars and taking advantage of young drunk girls...

It just sounds like Ben got his and bounced.. And then these girls got upset and felt used and cried foul...

Big Ben lookin like straight trash during that garbage statement he made yesterday - thankfully he got chopped up for Goodell today.

From everything i hear, it sounds like hes just a huge creep and gets real aggressive.  great ball player - bad person.

the Steelers will handle this the right way though, they seem to always do

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

It just sounds like Ben got his and bounced.. And then these girls got upset and felt used and cried foul...
True. These girls need to take responsibility for their actions as well, getting faded and going to establishments where dudes are in full beast-mode is not sound judgment either. That whole change of heart thing that can happen over any time span is straight foolishness
laugh.gif
Regret what popped off then blame it on the dude for going with the flow. Homie was drunk too, maybe she raped him
eek.gif

At the worst, it sounds like Big Ben is just a creep for hanging around college bars and taking advantage of young drunk girls...

I wouldnt say that at all. U should go listen to the Milledge D.A.

the way the encounter was described gives me the feeling Ben is Way more then a Creep. stories from all sides say the girl was drunk and trying to go the bathroom, Ben and Bodyguard followed her stumbling $@@$ back there...

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

I wouldnt say that at all. U should go listen to the Milledge D.A.

the way the encounter was described gives me the feeling Ben is Way more then a Creep. stories from all sides say the girl was drunk and trying to go the bathroom, Ben and Bodyguard followed her stumbling $@@$ back there... 
I haven't seen the whole thing so fill me in... Just kinda bugs me if they have enough information to draw this conclusion, how can they not piece together enough evidence to at least bring some kind of charges?

And like with this new girl, they're talking about she took money and dropped everything herself... If you take hush money, you weren't raped... You woke up the next morning regretting what you did, and tried to take that out on Ben..

There's obviously something going on, because things like this don't pop up this many times in this small a window without there being SOMETHING, but if they can't pull together enough evidence to even pursue charges...? I dunno...

She was extremely drunk and her story had parts missing and some parts slightly changed every time she told it. I think that was one of the bigger reasons they couldn't file charges. This new girl is something out of the blue but if this GA girl takes money in some kind of civil suit I would not be surprised or think her story is less believable. Just based off the fact that she tried to bring it to light.

how can they not piece together enough evidence to at least bring some kind of charges?

Because the girl was too drunk to remember everything. If she could have elaborated more there might have been more evidence. The lawyer said they didn't have enough evidence to "convince 12 jurors beyond reasonable doubt."

Just no sufficient evidence to win any type of criminal case.  There is probably enough though for a civil case since what needs to be proved, burden of proof, etc is so different
From everything i hear, it sounds like hes just a huge creep and gets real aggressive.  great ball player - bad person.

the Steelers will handle this the right way though, they seem to always do
Remembers him and how he was in college....nods head

Looks at the history of the Steelers...nods head

It was my understanding that for some reason they can't match the DNA and that they never got a sample from Ben to try and match it.

Originally Posted by Trelvis Tha Thrilla

how can they not piece together enough evidence to at least bring some kind of charges?
Because the girl was too drunk to remember everything. If she could have elaborated more there might have been more evidence. The lawyer said they didn't have enough evidence to "convince 12 jurors beyond reasonable doubt."

and then the security tape from the bar "mysteriously" got erased
grin.gif
nerd.gif

ben needs to be suspended and thats the end of it...i dont see how anyone can argue otherwise... he put himself into that situation so he deserves it...goodell suspends players for having a DUI which is not even close to what this dude has done...he gets mad at people for getting speeding tickets so if he looks the other way then he will be a hypocrite to his own policy of protecting the league...i do believe rooney will suspend him or give him a huge fine cause the dude is old school and from what i hear he is really mad at this whole entire thing

Santonio accused of assualt and within a matter of days he's traded.

Ben damn near catches 2 rape charges and nothing yet has been done.

This is getting old.

If this was some virginal 20 year old chick, maybe she takes a stand for herself and fights tooth and nail, the fact that she wasn't really into taking the stand and all that, I'm guessing there were some things she didn't want thrown around in open court.  Like any normal 20 year old girl wouldn't. 

Add to that missing tape footage, Ben's money/legal team, Ben gettin pics with cops and signing footballs for the bar owner, no other witnesses in the bathroom, there's no way a DA could win that case.  He could make a big show and drag Ben's name thru the mud a lot, but no way he could win. 

I'm sure she'll get an envelope with some money and move on with her life.  Best that can come of all this mess really. 

Back
Top Bottom