Screen Shot 2024-01-01 at 1.04.12 AM.png

who was it?
I saw in the comments guessing it was hassan or dion

I think every current and former nba player has a pod now

for reference too on the ibaka fight

"100 to 0, real quick"
:lol:

Last edited:

Too lazy to find the video but I remember when Melo was working out with his trainers and doing the step through. I think all 3 or 4 of them kept telling him that was a travel and he needs to jump off two. Video was maybe 3-5 years old?

This is going again to the one-dribble half court rule idea :lol:
Nobody can realistically get from half court to a traditional layup/dunk at the rim with 1 traditional dribble if they dribbled in the back court already. Maybe the rule is you have to dribble at least twice. It should be a structural way to detect travels like when they put in the structural rule that if there are only 0.3 seconds left, that it can't be a shot, it has to be a tip-in.

I know it's crazy but some of these one dribble half court travels are crazier :emoji_laughing:

This is going again to the one-dribble half court rule idea :lol:
Nobody can realistically get from half court to a traditional layup/dunk at the rim with 1 traditional dribble if they dribbled in the back court already. Maybe the rule is you have to dribble at least twice. It should be a structural way to detect travels like when they put in the structural rule that if there are only 0.3 seconds left, that it can't be a shot, it has to be a tip-in.

I know it's crazy but some of these one dribble half court travels are crazier :emoji_laughing:

Okay, so maybe not :lol:

Guess I gotta work on my game so I can start pulling off that one dribble and to the rim. And maybe grow to be 6'7.

Hand check while you're driving with his hand on your lower back while you're taking your 1-2 steps. Are you calling the foul or nah? Personally, I never did but since watching people do it in on YouTube and thinking about it more makes feel this should be called & respected when called. Am I tripping?

Hand check while you're driving with his hand on your lower back while you're taking your 1-2 steps. Are you calling the foul or nah? Personally, I never did but since watching people do it in on YouTube and thinking about it more makes feel this should be called & respected when called. Am I tripping?

On a layup? I feel like I should make it regardless. If it's an obvious push, sure I'll call it (or they will). If someone is just touching me, 9 times out of 10 I don't even feel it anyway, and if I miss it I'm not calling foul because "I shoulda made that anyway".

Yeah but your otherwise clean lay typically turns into a somewhat contested lay, you're going up with less bounce, your stride can be affected, etc. I have the same mindset as you & prob wouldn't call it now either. But I never really sat back & thought about the difference it can make

Okay, so maybe not :lol:

Guess I gotta work on my game so I can start pulling off that one dribble and to the rim. And maybe grow to be 6'7.

Bro you probably could do it in a game when you consider you can’t travel during a live dribble, so keep the ball in your hand spinning and take as many big *** steps as you need to before taking that one dribble and taking a few more big steps, then 2 steps and you’re laying it in. I know you ain’t little bruh lol

I probably have just never paid attention while playing. Actually have footage of some of the games I'm in, but its from the side at each basket so you don't really get a lot of full court stuff. Only time I think I may remember doing it specifically was a league game in like 2017 when I got a steal and took off wayyyyyy too early and somehow made the layup, cause I'm terrible with using the backboard so I just lay it right in.

I guess its just one of those things that looks weird on film or when you think about it, but it happens all the time.

I probably have just never paid attention while playing. Actually have footage of some of the games I'm in, but its from the side at each basket so you don't really get a lot of full court stuff. Only time I think I may remember doing it specifically was a league game in like 2017 when I got a steal and took off wayyyyyy too early and somehow made the layup, cause I'm terrible with using the backboard so I just lay it right in.

I guess its just one of those things that looks weird on film or when you think about it, but it happens all the time.
Upload the vids playa :nthat:

Back
Top Bottom