Basketball Thread About Nothing

what are the reactions from the coaches?
You almost made me go on a rant , nice try I’m not taking the bait lol. Nah but for sure it’s not something coach go crazy over because most coaches don’t teach it ( because as I’ve been preaching to the keyboard refs in this thread) because it gets called on a REGULAR BASIS.

The worst case I have seen where coaches lose there **** over it and other calls ( that are not called in college or the League) is the Vegas tournament I was at last year where Trae Young got into with the refs and left the tournament early and Kendrick Perkins got tossed about the officiating.

It’s never about the back and forth calls that coaches lose their **** over ( most of the time) it’s always about what is called in the league vs what is called at the HS level. Another big one is the father step, kids are working on that at the middle school level only to not be able to use it because that is not legal at the HS level.

My point to my rant ( said I wanna gonna go on a rant dammit) refs at the HS level shouldn’t at the YMCA as well and it seems like that is the case. Refs at the HS level do pay too close attention to the rules of the game or to put it a different way, they don’t put the time into their craft as the coaches and trainers do or at least it seems that way.

You almost made me go on a rant , nice try I’m not taking the bait lol. Nah but for sure it’s not something coach go crazy over because most coaches don’t teach it ( because as I’ve been preaching to the keyboard refs in this thread) because it gets called on a REGULAR BASIS.

The worst case I have seen where coaches lose there **** over it and other calls ( that are not called in college or the League) is the Vegas tournament I was at last year where Trae Young got into with the refs and left the tournament early and Kendrick Perkins got tossed about the officiating.

It’s never about the back and forth calls that coaches lose their **** over ( most of the time) it’s always about what is called in the league vs what is called at the HS level. Another big one is the father step, kids are working on that at the middle school level only to not be able to use it because that is not legal at the HS level.

My point to my rant ( said I wanna gonna go on a rant dammit) refs at the HS level shouldn’t at the YMCA as well and it seems like that is the case. Refs at the HS level do pay too close attention to the rules of the game or to put it a different way, they don’t put the time into their craft as the coaches and trainers do or at least it seems that way.

i wonder if refs are seeing something else, because a step through is like a foundational/fundamental move almost going back to the conception of the game; then again a lot of people who have spent their whole life in & around the game as refs, players, coaches will fight you on it not being legal to lift the pivot foot

even tho it's probably not completely feasible, they really should clean up some of these inconsistencies in how the game is called across aau, hs, college, & the association/international hoop...i'm conflicted on the gather step but it makes more sense to make it legal

i wonder if refs are seeing something else, because a step through is like a foundational/fundamental move almost going back to the conception of the game; then again a lot of people who have spent their whole life in & around the game as refs, players, coaches will fight you on it not being legal to lift the pivot foot

even tho it's probably not completely feasible, they really should clean up some of these inconsistencies in how the game is called across aau, hs, college, & the association/international hoop...i'm conflicted on the gather step but it makes more sense to make it legal
I’ll be honest and admit, I stop reading your post to respond to the very first part of your first paragraph.

No step through is not a fundamental move, going back to the beginning of the inception of the game, case in point the very first thing that you’re taught when you’re playing basketball is to make sure not to move your pivot foot. You are taught what a pivot foot is and once is it established, it’s not to be picked up or else it is a travel.

I’ll be honest and admit, I stop reading your post to respond to the very first part of your first paragraph.

No step through is not a fundamental move, going back to the beginning of the inception of the game, case in point the very first thing that you’re taught when you’re playing basketball is to make sure not to move your pivot foot. You are taught what a pivot foot is and once is it established, it’s not to be picked up or else it is a travel.

😂 at least you're honest about not reading

true, not picking up the pivot is among the 1st rules learned...but it is also true that lifting the pivot is legal when shooting, you just can't return it to the floor before shooting...there are examples of folk doing step throughs at every level of basketball going back decades but it is also true that it is inconsistently called especially currently with the game being more perimeter oriented & not much traditional posting up

97%+ of lefties aren't even half the player they are when you force them right

blows my mind that most people haven't figured this out yet

Massively overplay, just sit on their left hand almost standing even to behind them. Kats cant even turn their heads to the right.

People know it but aren't naturally inclined to guard a left handed person since most people are right handed.

if we are being honest, most people don't even know how to force someone to a certain direction the correct way. for example, just because you "forced" them right, doesn't mean you know how to keep them going only left. most of the times, they make a move going right and shift back to the left.

If nothing else, I hope people that watch those videos stop the whole idea that you shouldn't guard someone on the other team.

Back
Top Bottom