Basketball Thread About Nothing

I just got into the whole YouTube basketball scene a few weeks back. D'Vontay Friga and Nasir Core immediately stand out to me. Don't know if it's relevant to this thread. I just felt that I had to mention it somewhere.😎

Nas and Moon should be in the NBA. They're too good not to be. Same with Dvontay.

I could see someone like Jlew crossing everyone too. His handles are too cold.
Moon is athletic and defensive monster and JLew has quick hands and fast twitch reaction speeds too, but I don't think these guys could cut it in the NBA. I've seen them miss too many easy shots. I have Nas and D'Vontay ahead of those guys though. I like this dude Hoodie Qel's game too.

Moon is athletic and defensive monster and JLew has quick hands and fast twitch reaction speeds too, but I don't think these guys could cut it in the NBA. I've seen them miss too many easy shots. I have Nas and D'Vontay ahead of those guys though. I like this dude Hoodie Qel's game too.

I can see jlew blowing past Giannis with his footwork. He also looks faster than Kyrie.

Friga is a 3 point monster. Put him against Steph and Klay and he's giving them problems.

I can see jlew blowing past Giannis with his footwork. He also looks faster than Kyrie.

Friga is a 3 point monster. Put him against Steph and Klay and he's giving them problems.

😂 not sure if seriously…not to disparage any of either’s game but there are likely very legit reasons they are not in the association…i’m sure a lot of hoopers on their level could hold their own in an offensive 1v1/iso situation against nba talent tho

sometimes the actual moves look awkward/goofy but the concept of paying attention to footwork by consciously knowing when to deliberately end the dribble & knowing the rules as wells as how they’re interpreted opens up the game & is a level of detail a lot of players on all levels miss

Right. I think by now everyone understands that when the dribble is live, you can take unlimited steps. Which is how it always has been. The part that can throw everyone off except the very trained eye is when you have a live dribble and take steps and then go into a pickup, giving you 2 more steps

Friga really is NBA caliber. He beat an entire team offensively by himself. No other NBA player in history could do what he just did.

Right. I think by now everyone understands that when the dribble is live, you can take unlimited steps. Which is how it always has been. The part that can throw everyone off except the very trained eye is when you have a live dribble and take steps and then go into a pickup, giving you 2 more steps

🤷🏿‍♂️ these 2 statements are kinda contradictory, understanding the former makes clear the latter…i think what really is the thing that makes things confusing is the rule set for high school hoop (which most have some familiarity with how those refs call things), college, international, & nba are not all unified combined with most not being all that familiar with these rules (i mean legit pros still think the basic step through is a travel!) kinda contributes to the misunderstanding(s)

😮‍💨😂😔

🤷🏿‍♂️ these 2 statements are kinda contradictory, understanding the former makes clear the latter…i think what really is the thing that makes things confusing is the rule set for high school hoop (which most have some familiarity with how those refs call things), college, international, & nba are not all unified combined with most not being all that familiar with these rules (i mean legit pros still think the basic step through is a travel!) kinda contributes to the misunderstanding(s)

😮‍💨😂😔

I don’t follow my boy

I don’t follow my boy

well if we know a player doesn’t have a strict number of steps between & with a live dribble, all that needs to be determined is the when a player ends the dribble with the pickup…so there are no ‘additional steps’ because all the ref is trying to determine is if/when the the dribble has ended if there is any ambiguity the player get the benefit of the doubt.

well if we know a player doesn’t have a strict number of steps between & with a live dribble, all that needs to be determined is the when a player ends the dribble with the pickup…so there are no ‘additional steps’ because all the ref is trying to determine is if/when the the dribble has ended if there is any ambiguity the player get the benefit of the doubt.
1688774017563.gif

Yea that’s what I said lol.

I can take 5 steps in a live dribble and then kill my dribble and take 2 more. That’s gonna throw off casuals

1688774017563.gif

Yea that’s what I said lol.

I can take 5 steps in a live dribble and then kill my dribble and take 2 more. That’s gonna throw off casuals

🤝🏿 my bad, i misunderstood what you meant 😂. the funny thing is most do know this intuitively butit’s context dependent, i’ve never seen anyone think twice about a travel when someone does the stutter step hesi where a player takes a bunch of lil’ choppy steps

This is 🗑️

On a related note kinda…
Slam back coming back though lol
The sweet spot is 9-9.5 on outdoor courts and best when its only one rim. The game doesnt get outta control and not evryone can do it so when someone does it just seems more organic

The sweet spot is 9-9.5 on outdoor courts and best when its only one rim. The game doesnt get outta control and not evryone can do it so when someone does it just seems more organic

kinda depends what the goal of the game is #punintended, if it’s just to have fun the lower the better 😂😂😂 nobody’s safe in that type game regardless of skill level…BUT i only say that because i’m thinking of when i was a yute those games were lit but as grown up best leave that joint at regulation otherwise it’s gon’ be a whole lot of limping & injuries 😬 about

Back
Top Bottom