Basketball Thread About Nothing

Never in my life have I seen "Over the Back" called in a game that didn't have REFS.

Ive seen it a couple of times but it was like OD over the back, like basically trying to get a piggyback ride and then hitting em with your arm doing so.

Carry gets called, has to be very blatant though. 3 second hell nah, backcourt naw.

5 steps with a dribble is normal? I mean there I no way that’s possible without palming the ball.

🤔😆 i mean…supposedly this was called in game but there isn’t an explicit rule on how many steps a player can take in between dribbles and to the extent players are even able to use hesitation moves involves some allowance(s) for carrying, if not explicitly, palming the basketball…usually as long as the ball has some rotation/spin and has not come to rest while in hand the dribble is considered live & it isn’t technically a violation

i think they should allow/bring back hand checking to give the defender(s) something to combat the increased freedom the offensive player has to dictate/manipulate/read the defender by carrying/floating their handle w/ the basketball

Back
Top Bottom