Bachelor Pad.

If I get a bigger desk, the space would start to spill across the window. It's blown out in the picture but that white space is where the window starts.

I would have to get rid of the stand in order to make space. Worth it?

If you move the display to be up against the right wall then you can have a bigger desk there, but remove the drawers for more space underneath. Or you can find a corner desk to utilize that space on the right.

If you're comfortable with the desk and chair, keep them - but we gotta talk about the quote on the wall... Unless you're a college girl that's gotta go, IMO 
laugh.gif

:xx

lol needed something to fill my wall and all workspace inspos had quotes on their walls. It did feel lowkey cheesy once I put it on
laugh.gif

I think I'm going to get rid of the stand and get a bigger desk like you guys suggested. The stand is basically just keeping decorative stuff on there anyway. Books can be moved to my bookcase. I need to feel personality/energy when I sit down on the desk though and I was worried the space would feel kinda empty/boring without the stand, but I can probably figure something else out with the extra space I get from taking it out.

Last edited:

Definitely a stretch, but can anyone link me to this wall piece? I would prefer the original but i'm in the process of having a commissioned piece created.

Definitely a stretch, but can anyone link me to this wall piece? I would prefer the original but i'm in the process of having a commissioned piece created.
Hard to even see it clearly - it's really pixelated when it's blown up.

Where'd you find that pic? A reverse imagine search on Google didn't turn anything up.

I know that 3D art piece was posted very early on in this thread, I can't remember the source though.

If I recall the person made it, I remember seeing it on apartment therapy years ago.
Found it: http://www.apartmenttherapy.com/jeremy-ralphs-bachelor-pad-hou-124725

And here's one of the owners explanation of the project:

"Hey guys, thanks for the compliments. I've been meaning to do a photo tutorial of the origami but have been busy lately. Here's a rough explanation.

1. You'll need high quality poster board. I bought mine from staples for about a dollar per sheet. The larger it is, the better, as you will have to join less pieces of paper together. 
2. Using a t-square and a 30-60-90 triangle, draw an equilateral triangle grid on the BACK of the paper. Go over these lines again with a straight ruler and a scalpel, and score them lightly. 
3. Bend all folds inwards and outwards. If you only crease in one direction, the paper will not move freely. 
4. Ideally, you can just do the same thing to the second piece of posterboard and hope that the two pieces line up well. Most likely, this won't happen unless you were incredibly precise in your triangle measurements. To account for this, after you cut and fold the first piece, line it up with the second unfolded piece of posterboard, and measure the distances between triangles. Use the 30-60-90 triangle to complete the rest of the grid.
5. Joining the two pieces is a complete pain. Use strips of paper and glue on the back. I originally used duct tape and it would tear apart at the seams and looked very unclean.
6. To maintain the shape, you'll need to compress the triangles and use long pieces of posterboard to hold them in place. Glue will work better than duct tape in the long run. 
7. Take any left over posterboard and roll it into a thick tube. build a truss system at the back and secure the origami to this, as it will not have the strength to hold itself up. At this point you can attach strings to the truss and secure that to screws in the wall.

Overall, it cost only $5 per tessellation, but it took forever to find a reliable way to join two pieces of posterboard. This was a quick explanation, but I may have a more detailed one in the future.

thanks again."

Last edited:
Found it: http://www.apartmenttherapy.com/jeremy-ralphs-bachelor-pad-hou-124725

And here's one of the owners explanation of the project:

"Hey guys, thanks for the compliments. I've been meaning to do a photo tutorial of the origami but have been busy lately. Here's a rough explanation.

1. You'll need high quality poster board. I bought mine from staples for about a dollar per sheet. The larger it is, the better, as you will have to join less pieces of paper together. 

2. Using a t-square and a 30-60-90 triangle, draw an equilateral triangle grid on the BACK of the paper. Go over these lines again with a straight ruler and a scalpel, and score them lightly. 

3. Bend all folds inwards and outwards. If you only crease in one direction, the paper will not move freely. 

4. Ideally, you can just do the same thing to the second piece of posterboard and hope that the two pieces line up well. Most likely, this won't happen unless you were incredibly precise in your triangle measurements. To account for this, after you cut and fold the first piece, line it up with the second unfolded piece of posterboard, and measure the distances between triangles. Use the 30-60-90 triangle to complete the rest of the grid.

5. Joining the two pieces is a complete pain. Use strips of paper and glue on the back. I originally used duct tape and it would tear apart at the seams and looked very unclean.

6. To maintain the shape, you'll need to compress the triangles and use long pieces of posterboard to hold them in place. Glue will work better than duct tape in the long run. 

7. Take any left over posterboard and roll it into a thick tube. build a truss system at the back and secure the origami to this, as it will not have the strength to hold itself up. At this point you can attach strings to the truss and secure that to screws in the wall.

Overall, it cost only $5 per tessellation, but it took forever to find a reliable way to join two pieces of posterboard. This was a quick explanation, but I may have a more detailed one in the future.

thanks again."

Sheesh!! Idk how you guys always do it. Thank you! Repped

Nice! I saw your storm trooper post on IG the other day. Info on the tufted leather chair?

https://www.wayfair.com/Ave-Six-Amity-Tufted-Side-Chair-AMT51T-S5-AVS2275.html?piid[0]=16677881
I had bought it to see if I liked it or not. When I noticed it said delivered and I didn't receive it I gave them call and they sent another right out. Fast forward to the next day and my upstairs had the chair thinking she was holding it for our other neighbor. I then figured I'd make both work.

Back
Top Bottom