Bachelor Pad.

Yeah real small number . The hipsters are taking over big time in s.a. Especially in my area and in stone oak , all my co workers tell me to move to Dallas or back to Louisiana since we have 7 days off, but if I do that I might as well move back to l.a. And just fly in and out for work
means if I ever break up with my wife, I can cop another younger black girl for the win.

roll.gif

Any recommendations of brands that make replica Eames chairs? Or should I simply man up and save for the actual chair?

Definitely cop the real thing.

Would you cop fake/replica nikes?

Keep an eye out for estate sales and craigslist for steals.

Last edited:
I spent some time in SA and Austin. Was kind of shocked by how liberal Austin is. Was a really easy transition for me coming from New York.

Not sure if it was the neighborhood I stayed at, but San Antonio was so much slower paced. I love peace and quiet, but that place was eerily peaceful at times. I hardly saw anyone outside and I was staying in a little gated community. Probably a nice place to raise a family, as long as there isn't any racial friction, which I didn't see but am always weary if when dealing with Texas.

Last edited:
I spent some time in SA and Austin. Was kind of shocked by how liberal Austin is. Was a really easy transition for me coming from New York.

Not sure if it was the neighborhood I stayed at, but San Antonio was so much slower paced. I love peace and quiet, but that place was eerily peaceful at times. I hardly saw anyone outside and I was staying in a little gated community. Probably a nice place to raise a family, as long as there isn't any racial friction, which I didn't see but am always weary if when dealing with Texas.

LOL at being shocked at how liberal Austin is... thats like being shocked about how liberal San Francisco is. I guess you don't know unless you live in Texas.

Don't believe the stereotype of an intolerable Texas. The people here are friendlier than people I've met from other places, more specifically the east coast (no shots).

Most of the bad racist stuff you hear about is from the middle of nowhere towns, and even then I'd say it's not typical.

Either way, even in the friendliest of cities you're bound to find some bad people.

What side of SA did you stay on?

Last edited:

Yeah don't get me wrong if I had a wife and kids San antonio or new braunfels would definatley be it for me .

LOL at being shocked at how liberal Austin is... thats like being shocked about how liberal San Francisco is. I guess you don't know unless you live in Texas.

Don't believe the stereotype of an intolerable Texas. The people here are friendlier than people I've met from other places, more specifically the east coast (no shots).

Most of the bad racist stuff you hear about is from the middle of nowhere towns, and even then I'd say it's not typical.

Either way, even in the friendliest of cities you're bound to find some bad people.

What side of SA did you stay on?
I was pretty damn ignorant when I first went down there. I was only about 20, and never really traveled any further than Philadelphia. Didn't know anything about Austin. Love it there, though.

Honestly, I don't remember what part of San Antonio I was staying in years back. Only spent a few months living there with an old girlfriend. Trying to figure it out using Google Maps but all I remember is a big HEB right off the road...and that's like every road out there.:lol:

This is going to kill me though, so I'm gonna keep looking at every HEB until I find it.:l

Last edited:
I live in Houston and been to San Antonio and Austin a few times. Austin is a pretty cool city. But I just couldn't see myself living there at any point. Too much of a college town to me. But the SXSW and ACL festivals do be poppin :smokin SA is down right boring. If you're single, please don't move to SA. Very family oriented town.

I was pretty damn ignorant when I first went down there. I was only about 20, and never really traveled any further than Philadelphia. Didn't know anything about Austin. Love it there, though.

Honestly, I don't remember what part of San Antonio I was staying in years back. Only spent a few months living there with an old girlfriend. Trying to figure it out using Google Maps but all I remember is a big HEB right off the road...and that's like every road out there.:lol:

This is going to kill me though, so I'm gonna keep looking at every HEB until I find it.:l

HEB runs the damb grocery game out here :lol:

I live in Houston and been to San Antonio and Austin a few times. Austin is a pretty cool city. But I just couldn't see myself living there at any point. Too much of a college town to me. But the SXSW and ACL festivals do be poppin :smokin SA is down right boring. If you're single, please don't move to SA. Very family oriented town.

SA can get pretty boring, but in recent years it has begun to go under gentrification which has brought about cool/trendy bars, clubs, and restaurants.

Some parts of town are starting to get an Austin-type feel. SA's old Mexican culture is starting to fuse with Austin's hippie/hipster culture, making for an interesting feel.

Last edited:
HEB runs the damb grocery game out here :lol:
SA can get pretty boring, but in recent years it has begun to go under gentrification which has brought about cool/trendy bars, clubs, and restaurants.

Some parts of town are starting to get an Austin-type feel. SA's old Mexican culture is starting to fuse with Austin's hippie/hipster culture, making for an interesting feel.

HEB is the only place where i can get a certain type of easy melt cheese.

That **** was clutch on some spaghetti. :pimp:

I found a spot in far north dallas, mayne...

962 sq feet w/ an attached garage

$1040

I wanted to stay under $1k, but I'm not sure how much $40 + $20 for water and pest will make much of a difference...

Never had a spot this big.. plus i'm planning on buying some new furniture soooo...

i'm pondering, fambs.

HEB is the only place where i can get a certain type of easy melt cheese.

That **** was clutch on some spaghetti. :pimp:

I found a spot in far north dallas, mayne...

962 sq feet w/ an attached garage

$1040

I wanted to stay under $1k, but I'm not sure how much $40 + $20 for water and pest will make much of a difference...

Never had a spot this big.. plus i'm planning on buying some new furniture soooo...

i'm pondering, fambs.

That would be way more here in Austin. I pay $875 before water/sewage and pest control for 607SF here. Redeeming factor being washer and dryer are in the unit. I'd love to have an attached garage to finally be able to hang a heavy bag.

Austin rents are out of control.

On that HEB note...don't forget the Whatafries, fellas.

That would be way more here in Austin. I pay $875 before water/sewage and pest control for 607SF here. Redeeming factor being washer and dryer are in the unit. I'd love to have an attached garage to finally be able to hang a heavy bag.

Austin rents are out of control.

On that HEB note...don't forget the Whatafries, fellas.

oh, dont get it twisted...

it's all about location, bruh. You can go to uptown Dallas and your same apartment would be $1500 and no washer and dryer.

http://www.postproperties.com/findApartmentM.aspx

Check the policy on pest control. I know some place have a monthly fee, but they wont actually spray inside your place unless you request them too. Majority of the time they just spray the grounds and shared facilities (laundry room, fitness room, rec area, etc)

@@Fontaine I believe you, washer and dryer is rare here. Only reason I have it is cause this place is old, so they throw that in to get you. Plus I'm up north, so with traffic I'm 45 minutes to an hour from downtown.

My last place here was 400SF for $750 a month with nothing included.

Been eyeing this apt 15 mins away from San Diego after I finish my US Customs training.

In terms of Cali prices, is $1,450/month for 723sq ft really high?

PS : I have never lived on my own so I dont know where to even start looking.

Last edited:
Winters typically aren't that bad. I would say they're pretty mild.
Worst thing about winter is the cold fronts and the wind that comes with it.
Might get some snow that doesn't stick and a couple random days of icing but that's not the norm. Maybe 2-3 days out of the winter.

That apartment layout for that price in Cali doesn't seem bad only because it has a washer and dryer (idk if it comes with it or that just means there is a room for it)? If it didn't have that it seems a little high

That apartment layout for that price in Cali doesn't seem bad only because it has a washer and dryer (idk if it comes with it or that just means there is a room for it)? If it didn't have that it seems a little high

It says

Apartment Amenities

Cable Ready
Carpeting
Disposal
Electronic Thermostat
Handrails
1, 2, 3 & 4 Bedroom Units
2 Bedroom Townhouses with Attached Garage
Central Heating & Air
Dishwasher
Full Appliance Package Includes Range
Full Sized Washer and Dryer Included
Generous Closet
Kitchen Pantries
Linen Storage Space
Microwave
Neutral Color Palette
Private Patios Or Balconies
Refrigerators
Spacious Floor Plans
Wood-Burning Fireplaces*

it's a big pricey for a 1 bedroom but has amenities.

See if you can't find a house to rent for the same price.

Not to familiar with Daygo other than El Cajon, but there's nice areas that are affordable

it's a big pricey for a 1 bedroom but has amenities.

See if you can't find a house to rent for the same price.

Not to familiar with Daygo other than El Cajon, but there's nice areas that are affordable

Alright thanks, and whats a reasonable SQ FT for 1 person? Anything between 500-800?

Back
Top Bottom