B-Ball Junkie (Book Excerpt)....How Drug Abuse Almost Killed Chris Herren

Originally Posted by ElderWatsonDiggs

DoubleJ's...did he mention Jamal Jackson and Shannon Bowman in his book?

Shannon Bowman was a beast on the block and Jamal Jackson was probably the best player i ever played on a court with. If he wasnt killed so young he would have been in the NBA. He was better than Randell Jackson in my opinion. That was when i first met Herren. He was staying at Jamal Jacksons house for a weekend and Jamal brought him to an open gym we both used to play at

Originally Posted by bostonmarc

Shannon Bowman was a beast on the block and Jamal Jackson was probably the best player i ever played on a court with. If he wasnt killed so young he would have been in the NBA. He was better than Randell Jackson in my opinion. That was when i first met Herren. He was staying at Jamal Jacksons house for a weekend and Jamal brought him to an open gym we both used to play at
Yup indeed, Bowman was a beast, but Jamal Jackson had a grown man's NBA swag even as far back as H.S. Dude was rocking the gold chain and the gear, and the chicks were all over him. Was sad when he died. I was checking for him after he went to Cleveland St. (I think that's where he went).

Originally Posted by bostonmarc

Yup indeed, Bowman was a beast, but Jamal Jackson had a grown man's NBA swag even as far back as H.S. Dude was rocking the gold chain and the gear, and the chicks were all over him. Was sad when he died. I was checking for him after he went to Cleveland St. (I think that's where he went).

^^^^ Jamal won the state title at East Boston High and then transfered to a prep school the next day. In the high school off season I played ball with him every Friday night..He did go to Cleveland State. Shannon was only about 6-4 or 6-5 but he was unstoppable down low. He played against Rasheed Wallace in some AAU tourny and supposidly destroyed him his junior year

^^^^ Jamal won the state title at East Boston High and then transfered to a prep school the next day. In the high school off season I played ball with him every Friday night..He did go to Cleveland State. Shannon was only about 6-4 or 6-5 but he was unstoppable down low. He played against Rasheed Wallace in some AAU tourny and supposidly destroyed him his junior year

This thread has turned into a trip down memory lane. I remember when Jamal Jackson died, *$%% was sad as hell.

Sean Connolly, who was an absolute beast in HS, coached St. John's Prep to the D1 title this year.

This thread has turned into a trip down memory lane. I remember when Jamal Jackson died, *$%% was sad as hell.

Sean Connolly, who was an absolute beast in HS, coached St. John's Prep to the D1 title this year.

Im sure most of you guys in here have seen it, but the whole Fresno State documentary that FOX did was on Youtube last time I checked.  Its a great piece, called "Between the Madness".

Good to see him clean and sober
pimp.gif

Im sure most of you guys in here have seen it, but the whole Fresno State documentary that FOX did was on Youtube last time I checked.  Its a great piece, called "Between the Madness".

Good to see him clean and sober
pimp.gif

pimp.gif
at that PUSH Madison documentary trailer. Anyone have any updates or what? Is that on TV??

pimp.gif
at ESPN doing a piece on Chris Herren

Gonna have to check out "Between the Madness" on Youtube

pimp.gif
at that PUSH Madison documentary trailer. Anyone have any updates or what? Is that on TV??

pimp.gif
at ESPN doing a piece on Chris Herren

Gonna have to check out "Between the Madness" on Youtube

Just saw Chris this past weekend. He looks great. Got to watch his son play a little. Small 7th grade point guard but has a little bounce and swagger to his game. Looking forward to the ESPN piece

Just saw Chris this past weekend. He looks great. Got to watch his son play a little. Small 7th grade point guard but has a little bounce and swagger to his game. Looking forward to the ESPN piece

One of the greatest and troubled players to come through Fresno State, especially those 97-98/98-99 years, can't wait to see this 30 for 30.

One of the greatest and troubled players to come through Fresno State, especially those 97-98/98-99 years, can't wait to see this 30 for 30.

Back
Top Bottom