Azealia Banks Vs. Iggy Azalea tension grows, Iggy Responds to Banks

I find it kind of assuming white rappers have to be authentic yet rappers like Rick Ross got a pass. I do agree that you should be doing hip-hop for the love of it but let's be honest, majority of these rappers nowadays only do this for the money. White or black.

I find it kind of assuming white rappers have to be authentic yet rappers like Rick Ross got a pass. I do agree that you should be doing hip-hop for the love of it but let's be honest, majority of these rappers nowadays only do this for the money. White or black.

Hey, we can banter our own, it's the nature of the game. CO or not, I grew up in South Florida, and I can tell you for sure Ross definitely didn't grow up privileged. The state of Florida in general is very prejudice, don't let the glits and glam of South Beach fool you. There's an ENTIRELY different aspect of South Florida. Why can't Iggy and other white musicians create their own genre and stop crossing over into our musical realm? She's trying to capitalize and make a profit. For years, Caucasian women disliked being full figured or having curves. Now all of a sudden, it's O.K. to be curvy and let white women be the face of this "Big Butt" movement. Stop running from the truth and be real with yourselves. When Serena Williams wore the black cat suit, it was seen as distasteful. Well, it is distasteful for Iggy Azaela to try and weasel her way into the Black consciousness. Heck, Iggy is dating Black men for goodness sake :lol:

Last edited:
They both white mainstream rappers making pop music, so you gon have to deal with them being compared to each other.
Eminem making pop music? Lol u obviously haven't listened to the Marshall Mathers L.P. and the Slim Shady L.P. Eminem is about as mainstream as 50 cent.

Rick Ross I never understood why he got a pass. He was a damn prison guard. Jay Z was the one who initially blasted him on that I believe.

Eminem making pop music? Lol u obviously haven't listened to the Marshall Mathers L.P. and the Slim Shady L.P. Eminem is about as mainstream as 50 cent.
The Monster?

Guts Over Fear?

Love The Way You Lie?

Headlights?

That's pop dude

Rly had to turn into a street cred thread
laugh.gif

While we are at it, Vanilla Ice sure got his checks and ran with them too. We called out MC Hammer too but like I said, he's "one of ours" and was born with 2 strikes.

Rick Ross = Jay Z. Now I know I'm in the wrong thread.

Shows how "in-tune" you are, if you thought I meant that from a musical standpoint :lol:. Jay-Z signed Rick Ross to Def Jam after Ross left Slip-N-Slide records. Ross contributed to some of Jay-Z's millions. :lol:

Why can't Iggy and other white musicians create their own genre and stop crossing over into our musical realm? She's trying to capitalize and make a profit.

What is "our musical realm"? what does that even mean????..people want the whole world to purchase rap music, to listen to rap music, for them to be influenced by rap music, to love rap music, to be inspired by rap music..but when someone from another country or race who was inspired by the very same music rappers wanted them to buy, to support, to be influenced by wants to make that music that they grew inspired by all of a sudden its wrong to do so..they can buy it, support it, be inspired by it..but once they wanna do it themselves then theres a problem...And on top of that people feel that this person is somehow obligated not to rap because he or she doesn't fit a certain criteria.. honestly that is bat @#%^ crazy to me.

The Monster?
Guts Over Fear?
Love The Way You Lie?
Headlights?

That's pop dude

Rly had to turn into a street cred thread :lol:
So because Eminem has appeared on pop artists songs in collabs and puts a 16 in it he's a pop star now. T.I. does songs with Iggy. Is he a pop artist too?

Eminem
the way i am
Stan
Amityville
Kim
White Amerika
forgot about Dre
kill you
not pop
I could go on forever with other great rap songs
The Monster?
Guts Over Fear?
Love The Way You Lie?
Headlights?

That's pop dude

Rly had to turn into a street cred thread :lol:
let's not forget the man grew up in a damn trailor park.

Last edited:
So because Eminem has appeared on pop artists songs in collabs and puts a 16 in it he's a pop star now. T.I. does songs with Iggy. Is he a pop artist too?
Those are all HIS singles and appear on HIS albums. Can't let Eminem of yesteryears vouch for him today and I can name plenty Iggy songs that aren't pop if that's what you wanna do

Last edited:
What is "our musical realm"? what does that even mean????..people want the whole world to purchase rap music, to listen to rap music, for them to be influenced by rap music, to love rap music, to be inspired by rap music..but when someone from another country or race who was inspired by the very same music rappers wanted them to buy, to support, to be influenced by wants to make that music that they grew inspired by all of a sudden its wrong to do so..they can buy it, support it, be inspired by it..but once they wanna do it themselves then theres a problem...And on top of that people feel that this person is somehow obligated not to rap because he or she doesn't fit a certain criteria.. honestly that is bat @#%^ crazy to me.

Clear as day, find your own. Point blank period. "inspired" "supported" "influenced"??? Yea RIGHT. From it's inception "rap" music was frowned upon, and still is by MANY cultures. Save me with other cultures being inspired by us. It's not true. It's all about making a profit dude. Just keep it all the way real. I still hear club owners say "Keep that black rap music to a minimum" but, we'll take their $20 at the door.

Those are all HIS singles and appear on HIS albums. Can't let Eminem of yesteryears vouch for him today and I can name plenty Iggy songs that aren't pop if that's what you wanna do
I'd like to see Iggy in a "rap battle" with Eminem.

No just no.

You're an outsider. Just stop.

Back
Top Bottom