Azealia Banks Vs. Iggy Azalea tension grows, Iggy Responds to Banks

I'll listen to Soulja Boy 10000x over Iggy because at least Soulja came from food stamps and Gubment Cheese
Bro you don't know these rappers and this statement proves it. I'd rather listen to Soulja also but dude never struggled like that fam had a studio at 14.

all this made me realize a few things:

1.black people are very "convenient" about what they "choose" to get upset about.

2. It's very interesting how this concept of cultural appropriation came about. I never heard this phrase pushed in the mainstream until very recently and when i did hear cultural appropriation discussed early on it was almost exclusively white people critiquing other white people.

3. With white people traditionally buying most of the hip-hop music I don't know how people thought anything other than this would happen.

Once dame dash started speaking out about the "culture vultures" ppl branched out to culture appropiation because of iggys success

1.black people are very "convenient" about what they "choose" to get upset about.

2. It's very interesting how this concept of cultural appropriation came about. I never heard this phrase pushed in the mainstream until very recently and when i did hear cultural appropriation discussed early on it was almost exclusively white people critiquing other white people.

3. With white people traditionally buying most of the hip-hop music I don't know how people thought anything other than this would happen.
Plenty of white journalists and even Macklemore, Rosenberg "choosing" to get upset about it too but this is just black people complaining again right?

Last edited:

The concept of appropriation is talk about in most schools esp regarding the history of rock n roll.............unless as of recent they are trying to take that out of schools to 
mean.gif

Iggy i believe may he the worst "rapper" of all time. She don't even deserve to be in the industry period. An Australian white girl faking a "ghetto" American Southern accent who don't even write her own music(ghost writer.) Shes a wannabe Nicki Minaj. Her rhymes suck. She is a disgrace to hip hop. Im ashamed that T.I. one of my favorite rappers (mainly his early years) has anything to do with promoting this chick. He's prob rakin in some serious dough off her tho. Cant knock that. Shes clearly a made up prop.

View media item 1329833
I still dont get the Iggy slander. Seems like people mad she's white and making money off her music.
Everybody should be able to do what they want. If you dont like it, you do it better

Last edited:
Bro you don't know these rappers and this statement proves it. I'd rather listen to Soulja also but dude never struggled like that fam had a studio at 14.

Yeah if you think Soulja Boy comes from money because he had studio access as a teen idk what to tell you

Last edited:
Yeah if you think Soulja Boy comes from money because he had studio access as a teen idk what to tell you
Im not saying he comes from money (depending on how you define that), but if you're struggling or you're familys on gov't cheese you're dad is not gonna buy you a home studio to record in

Im not saying he comes from money (depending on how you define that), but if you're struggling or you're familys on gov't cheese you're dad is not gonna buy you a home studio to record in

Untrue, plenty of Black families found was to get their children musical devices. DJ'ing equipment, microphones, etc. it's not far-fetched

what i'm saying is that the concept of cultural appropriation doesn't really fit in this context. How is hip hop a culture? although aspects of hip hop can be seen as cultural, hip hop itself is not a culture. If people wanted to honestly look at so-called "cultural appropriation" then almost all western culture and ideology is "cultural appropriation".

WTF are u talkin about saying white people traditionally start buy the most of hip hop
That **** didn't MAYBE start happening till the napsters and limewires and all that came about
We were avid buyers of rap music back then
**** I know white folks that didn't even listen to rap till eminem came in the picture
White folks were in the minority of buying rap music until then

WTF are u talkin about saying white people traditionally start buy the most of hip hop
That **** didn't MAYBE start happening till the napsters and limewires and all that came about
We were avid buyers of rap music back then
**** I know white folks that didn't even listen to rap till eminem came in the picture
White folks were in the minority of buying rap music until then
White folks was buying the hell out of NWA cds way before Eminem, napster, limewire or any of that got started. Suburban white kids started buyin hip hop cds around the time run dmc did "walk this way" with Aerosmith back in the 1980s. #facts
When limewire and Napster came around white, black, yellow, red, or whatever folks stopped buying cds cause we could just all download them for free.

Last edited:
White folks was buying the hell out of NWA cds way before Eminem, napster, limewire or any of that got started. Suburban white kids started buyin hip hop cds around the time run dmc did "walk this way" with Aerosmith back in the 1980s. #facts
When limewire and Napster came around white, black, yellow, red, or whatever folks stopped buying cds cause we could just all download them for free.

Those same white people wanted Uncle Luke to go to jail for his explicit content. All the way to the Supreme Court about censorship. The problem lies with them telling us what we can, and cannot do, simply because they only want to intake and tolerate certain stuff. Who are they to tell black people what type of content is allowable and what's not? If you don't like it, don't like it all across the board and just be real about it...

Those same white people wanted Uncle Luke to go to jail for his explicit content. All the way to the Supreme Court about censorship. The problem lies with them telling us what we can, and cannot do, simply because they only want to intake and tolerate certain stuff. Who are they to tell black people what type of content is allowable and what's not? If you don't like it, don't like it all across the board and just be real about it...

That because there kids loved luke & seen the influence it had on them

That because there kids loved luke & seen the influence it had on them
Same exact thing happened with Ice T back in the day

Nobody gives a damn about the "influence" rap music had over kids... thats is until it reached there kids 
roll.gif

That's completely irrelevant to the fact that white people have been buying and listening to rap/hip hop since the 80s. Long before Eminem came on the scene. Hasnt Eminem been taken to court a number of times as well for the explicit lyrics in his songs?

Hasnt Eminem been taken to court a number of times as well for the explicit lyrics in his songs?
Not once. 

Edit - He has for defamation by various people he mentioned in his songs. But not to get his music BANNED like 2 Live Crew, NWA, Pac, etc.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom