Azealia Banks Vs. Iggy Azalea tension grows, Iggy Responds to Banks

:lol: funny this has become the dog eminem and support iggy azalea thread.
cape.gif

What about the grown men who grew up listening to his music 15 years ago.
Off top he is not seeing most of the MCs from off the tree he came from

Nas

AZ

Treach

Kool G Rap

Personally i believe Big Pun is better than him as well

He is def top 10 but there are many names the come to mind if you wanna have this convo

Let me get this back on track cause ya'll new ****** came in and took this all over the place.

Eminem lost to a random ***** named Juice in an actual comp. **** outta here with that he's the greatest ****.

Hey, we can banter our own, it's the nature of the game. CO or not, I grew up in South Florida, and I can tell you for sure Ross definitely didn't grow up privileged. The state of Florida in general is very prejudice, don't let the glits and glam of South Beach fool you. There's an ENTIRELY different aspect of South Florida. Why can't Iggy and other white musicians create their own genre and stop crossing over into our musical realm? She's trying to capitalize and make a profit. For years, Caucasian women disliked being full figured or having curves. Now all of a sudden, it's O.K. to be curvy and let white women be the face of this "Big Butt" movement. Stop running from the truth and be real with yourselves. When Serena Williams wore the black cat suit, it was seen as distasteful. Well, it is distasteful for Iggy Azaela to try and weasel her way into the Black consciousness. Heck, Iggy is dating Black men for goodness sake :lol:

Privileged or not Rick Ross wasn't exactly true to himself. Many rappers aren't. Whether or not he represents a certain aspect of things where you're from. As for this culture vulture type of mentality you're addressing this issue as, I understand wanting to be acknowledged for starting this hip-hop ****. But cultures should be shared. Hell, we indulge in other culturues food and I've never seen anybody say "**** those Americans for eating pasta with cheese". Many different enthics own restaurants that have nothing to do with that particular culture. Nobody says ****. Why should music be any different? We are and we should be inspired by everybody impactful in this world, regardless of race. It's what should bring us all together, not divide us.

But yes, their will always be people, black, white, asian, etc... That will use certain or misrepresent things for their own personal gain or personal views. I just don't think it's right to pick and choose. You can't say white rappers need to be authentic but don't care when black rappers aren't. Because honestly Iggy represents certain people of this world. There is a reason why she's popular. She represnets that suburban white girl that rocks to Lil Wayne but not really knowing **** about Rakim or Big Daddy Kane. I don't rock with that, but there's no denying that it's out there. Which are most likely the people buying her records. You won't catch me buying any music from her off iTunes.

Off top he is not seeing most of the MCs from off the tree he came from
Nas
AZ
Treach
Kool G Rap

Personally i believe Big Pun is better than him as well

He is def top 10 but there are many names the come to mind if you wanna have this convo
I respectfully disagree. Eminem in his prime would destroy all those dudes. Just my opinion tho. Which I know nobody cares about :lol:

Privileged or not Rick Ross wasn't exactly true to himself. Many rappers aren't. Whether or not he represents a certain aspect of things where you're from. As for this culture vulture type of mentality you're addressing this issue as, I understand wanting to be acknowledged for starting this hip-hop ****. But cultures should be shared. Hell, we indulge in other culturues food and I've never seen anybody say "**** those Americans for eating pasta with cheese". Many different enthics own restaurants that have nothing to do with that particular culture. Nobody says ****. Why should music be any different? We are and we should be inspired by everybody impactful in this world, regardless of race. It's what should bring us all together, not divide us.

But yes, their will always be people, black, white, asian, etc... That will use certain or misrepresent things for their own personal gain or personal views. I just don't think it's right to pick and choose. You can't say white rappers need to be authentic but don't care when black rappers aren't. Because honestly Iggy represents certain people of this world. There is a reason why she's popular. She represnets that suburban white girl that rocks to Lil Wayne but not really knowing **** about Rakim or Big Daddy Kane. I don't rock with that, but there's no denying that it's out there. Which are most likely the people buying her records. You won't catch me buying any music from her off iTunes.
For the 100th time...this has nothing to do people's opinion on Iggy Azelea...and everything to do w/ the corporate powers that be whitewashing the culture on the commercial level. At the rate we're going...one day Top 40 is going to be dominated by MULTIPLE Iggy Azeleas. We have rock and jazz to point to as examples where this same type of thing happened.

That is what we are discussing.

Not about who likes or doesn't like Iggy Azelea and why.

Last edited:
everything to do w/ the corporate powers that be whitewashing the culture on the commercial level. At the rate we're going...one day Top 40 is going to be dominated by MULTIPLE Iggy Azeleas. We have rock and rock and jazz to point to as examples where this same type of thing happened.

I can def agree with this. Repped.

Now this has turned into an Eminem Battle rap thread. Wtf? Lol.

Nobody is saying Em isn't nice, all I'm saying is his status and some of his success is due to White privilege. He's def comparable to iggy, Mac, JT etc etc because of the success and recognition they get.

Dude said himself if he was black he'd probably sell half lol.

And he def makes pop music now. Dude actually goes out his way to make pop music.

For the 100th time...this has nothing to do people's opinion on Iggy Azelea...and everything to do w/ the corporate powers that be whitewashing the culture on the commercial level. At the rate we're going...one day Top 40 is going to be dominated by MULTIPLE Iggy Azeleas. We have rock and rock and jazz to point to as examples where this same type of thing happened.

I only read the first few pages and it seemed that's how the discussion was heading towards. My fault. That's on our parts as consumers though. We need to dictate what we listen to. The fact of the matter there is no substance in hip-hop and that's all of our faults for rocking with ish like Young Thug and what not. On a giant scale this music has brainwashed the masses into enjoying nothing but dumbed down ish. 

Cultures are meant to be exploited. My bad, I meant shared. Just how Western society tried to "civilize" Africans? I would've been perfectly okay with living out in the open or being amongst my tribesman. Who are they to say we need civilizing? I'm sure they were perfectly happy, living as they did, and would've evolved it just been okay with their conditions.

Just like taking animals from their natural habitat, putting them in zoos and charging a fee to treat them as a sideshow. That's a great way of sharing.

Now this has turned into an Eminem Battle rap thread. Wtf? Lol.

Nobody is saying Em isn't nice, all I'm saying is his status and some of his success is due to White privilege. He's def comparable to iggy, Mac, JT etc etc because of the success and recognition they get.

Dude said himself if he was black he'd probably sell half lol.

And he def makes pop music now. Dude actually goes out his way to make pop music.
Eminem has nothing in common with those people other than he's not black.

Cultures are meant to be exploited. My bad, I meant shared. Just how Western society tried to "civilize" Africans? I would've been perfectly okay with living out in the open or being amongst my tribesman. Who are they to say we need civilizing? I'm sure they were perfectly happy, living as they did, and would've evolved it just been okay with their conditions.

Just like taking animals from their natural habitat, putting them in zoos and charging a fee to treat them as a sideshow. That's a great way of sharing.
You should be speaking to the slave masters of old. Not me, I couldn't answer that question for you. I will add another point though. The mafia lifestyle was idolized in hip-hop, which is/was a predominantly italian lifestyle. Why was that ok to adapt? Probably because of the inspiration of that particular culture. 

Do you celebrate St. Patricks Day? That's another cultural exploitation. You probably don't give a ish though. 

You should be speaking to the slave masters of old. Not me, I couldn't answer that question for you. I will add another point though. The mafia lifestyle was idolized in hip-hop, which is/was a predominantly italian lifestyle. Why was that ok to adapt? Probably because of the inspiration of that particular culture. 

Yeah, when it's forced upon you and shoved down your throat for 100s of years, I'd definitely be upset. Also, since that's the case why are we "thugs" and "gangsters" if it's an ideology that we didn't even create? Just like some European painters, like Marcel Duchamp an others derived some of their paintings and sculptures from Africans, who'd created the originals, millennia before? But can you explain to me why Africans needed "civilizing"? Why couldn't the colonist work on their own?

Yeah, when it's forced upon you and shoved down your throat for 100s of years, I'd definitely be upset. Also, since that's the case why are we "thugs" and "gangsters" if it's an ideology that we didn't even create? Just like some European painters, like Marcel Duchamp an others derived some of their paintings and sculptures from Africans, who'd created the originals, millennia before? But can you explain to me why Africans needed "civilizing"? Why couldn't the colonist work on their own?
Any criminal activity has been labeled with those terms or others, I'll use the mafia for another example. They were labeled as thugs and gangsters. but you have to look at it from this point of view. Being a thug or gangster is glorfied in hip-hop music. Now, obviously I'm not calling every black person a thug or a gangster. That steams from the Michael Brown incident with the rioters. Looting, which is stealing and destruction of property. It's a criminal act. Historically things have been stolen from cultures for centuries, which I'm not saying is right, it's just how the world works. It's no different then somebody taking credit for a group project in school when they contributed nothing. Just on a much larger scale. But stealing from a culture and being inspired by a culture are two different things. As for the last statement, again, it's no different then egyptians using slaves to build the pyramids. It's just the most recent, which doesn't make it right. As for trying to civilize Africans, I can't answer that question. I wasn't apart of that generation of people. Also if you celebrate Thanksgiving that's another example of cultural exploitation.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom