Avatar vol. Fastest movie to a BILLION dollars.

SMH at all these dudes dismissing the movie without even watching the movie. There is a reason it has already made a billion. Although the acting was subpar,Cameron creates a rich and gripping story with the visuals to back it up. It was one of the few to actually keep me on the edge of my seat. And was one of thefirst movies to make me actually pull for the main characters.

BTW, not watching this in 3D and IMAX really does an injustice to the movie

im watching it tonight. took me 4 days prior to get imax 3d ticks, and there was only one time slot!

theres 2 sequels too right? this franchise is gonna cake

movie is an EXPERIENCE.

story is eh. but the visuals and 3d are amazing. its a must see in the theater.

i could totally understand someone watching this on dvd when it comes out and being like 'eh, what was all the hype about?' but you need to watch it inthe theater to realize it. if you judge it solely on the dvd release, you missed out.

dope movie! saw it on just the regular but plan on goin to see it in imax 3D soon hopefully.. definitely worth every cent and i encourage everybody to give ita chance..

Originally Posted by Lieutenant Kif

Sequels here we come.

Hope Cameron doesn't end up blowing it with two ******ed follow ups like the Matrix and Pirates of the Caribbean did.
probably not. the aliens sequel and t2 were pretty damn good.

yeah that was 20 years ago, but it says something about him doing good follow ups.

Originally Posted by DubA169

Originally Posted by Putting In Work

Yo movie is up there in best of all time to me.
No. Just no

if this wasn't in 3d it would have nowhere near the success it's having. it's a very unoriginal story, acting was okay not great by any means. The effects make the movie. also i'm pretty sure the extra money for the glasses is helping these gaudy numbers
This

I really was not that impressed with this movie. The message was
eyes.gif
eventhough I know what they were getting at.

it didnt look appealing to me when i saw the commercials 5 times a day but from what I heard, it was good and the reviews were positive so i said lemme justtake this girl to see it and it was good although a bit long

it was an awesome movie imo. best cgi/3D i have seen thus far. definitely go see it in the theater with 3D

Great. Plain and simple.

The effect's did not bring me in at all, as much as the Thought of the story and set of characters.

You get drawn in on a alien hating side in the beginning. And then, you grow a connection to the other side putting you in the situation.
And being a alien, having so many things human beings don't, just more then welcomes you to hate on hate side putting HUMANS to aliens.
EVEN thoa they were the WHOLE time!
grin.gif

Mind boggling.
wink.gif

im not gonna lie, when the trailers came out, i was like "WTH is this crap?"

i usually hate movies that have too much of a sci-fi feel to it

but after a whole bunch of friends told me that the movie was good, I decided just to give it a try

and the movie was not my FAVE movie, i still thought it was pretty good. TOO LONG. that is my only complaint

but yeah, i would prolly get this movie on blu-ray when it comes out just because some of the scenes look great

Originally Posted by Maximus Meridius

Damn that's crazy, Im starting to feel like I have to see it now.
See it man, before it stops showing, if you don't enjoy the story, at least you'll get to appreciated some of the best special effectsever shown to man. Also make sure you see it in 3-D.
grin.gif

plot aside, that movie's visuals was ja sexy...can't fake on that. set a new standard

Back
Top Bottom