Avatar vol. Fastest movie to a BILLION dollars.

Honestly didnt think the movie lived up to the hype. Typical story of the less-than perfect protagonist who turns against his superiors and saves the day.

Just me, I don't know.

Originally Posted by LonelyBoySole

HOW!?

#!! !!!!

!*%% looks mad gay in the commercials!

I dont understand

*Waits for "well why dont u go watch the movie then?" response*

movie was pretty good not gon lie... i just cant imagine the movie being just as good on dvd or on bluray since it wont be 3d

Just because it makes a lot of money, doesnt mean its good.

This movie started getting hyped by the studio years ago, this wasnt just an overnight sensation. When you create this much buzz and attach big names to it,all of that hard work pays off. One of the bold claims for the movie was that it was the first to surpass the uncanny valley (thats a huge claim!)...All theclaims and curiosity = big pay offs

Avatar was a good movie, and I'll leave it at that... The special fx were amazing..

But the story was far from great.

They should do total amount of tickets sold, rather than dollar figures, kind of misleading since ticket prices rise every year.

It was good but the acting was not so great

the special effects made the movie point blank........

nerd.gif

I thought this movie looked stupid on the commercials and everything too....but someone I know went to see it and told me it was dope.

I watched the bootleg and it was dope....I would go to the movies to watch it...but its too damn long.

Ill get the blu ray when it comes out

Real talk, I hate sci-fi type flicks.

Saw it the other night and I'm still
eek.gif
at how good it was.

From the start to the damn finish, I was amazed.

I'd watch it again.

Make sure you watch it in IMAX 3D, its worth it.

Originally Posted by Putting In Work

Yo movie is up there in best of all time to me.
No. Just no

if this wasn't in 3d it would have nowhere near the success it's having. it's a very unoriginal story, acting was okay not great by any means. Theeffects make the movie. also i'm pretty sure the extra money for the glasses is helping these gaudy numbers

Originally Posted by Doctor Knows Best

Originally Posted by razzle dazzle

eek.gif
No way...? It was good, but this good?
Was Titanic really good?

I don't think so.
You might not think so, but the millions of other people who bought tickets to watch it thought it was good back then.

What was to so unoriginal about the movie to some of you? I never saw a movie develop in that type of fashion..

Movie was decent. Storyline has been done a million times(white man unites all of the minorities/savages/colored folk to fight against the same white people heonce was going to help), but the VFX is what made the movie. Expect Avatar to wipe out any awards this year for visuals.

Don't forget that movie prices are a LOT higher than other movies on the top selling list. Avatar came out in every movie form out right now, so I'mnot suprised it's making the money that it has.

I enjoyed it a lot. Probably one of my favorites.

If y'all think about it, this movie didn't have to compete with other big name movies (maybe other than Sherlock Holmes), and it released right duringthe holiday season. Families looking for movies to watch when everyones around, or the people on holiday break will most definitely watch this one over others.

Nevertheless, a great film
pimp.gif

I didnt think the movie was that great. It was decent. I feel asleep a few times (cause hadnt slept the night before) so I missed some parts.

but the visuals were outstanding. I saw i and 3-D that was the best movie (visually) I have ever seen. I wont be able to watch that movie in anything otherthan iMax 3-D

Sequels here we come.

Hope Cameron doesn't end up blowing it with two ******ed follow ups like the Matrix and Pirates of the Caribbean did.

Back
Top Bottom