August Alsina said Will Smith told him he could smash Jada if he wanted to...

sooperhooper sooperhooper

I need clarification on something you said.

I come in peace.

A. You claimed, "You can tell a lot about a person based on what they find funny."

B. You also claimed the ability to make insensitive jokes that "bang" is reserved for highly skilled artists (comics).

So while considering A, what can you tell about a highly skilled artist that MAKES the insensitive joke?

Or is the person that finds the insensitivity funny the only one that takes on the negative character traits that you presented?

Jokes on Twitter in general are usually lazy and hacky. Jokes that have to be read are limited to one liners. At best good for a chuckle and then forgotten.
So we are distinguishing between finding something funny and a chuckle? I grouped it all in the same boat, considering the context.

I chuckled at the Benoit joke. I didn't LAUGH at it.

But a chuckle still means you find some humor in it, right?

This could be its own thread.
giphy.gif

The most offensive jokes I have ever heard, originated on Wall Street, corp firm. Always homophobic, sexist, xenophobic, always racist. While working there, I learned quickly what to not laugh at. That said, I never forget the mindset of where these homophobic, xenophobic, misogynist, racist incredibly distasteful jokes originate. In regard to Jada doing as she does, Will as well? It’s their business. They are adults.

The Benoit joke is either a) Not clever and not funny b) Tasteless and not funny c) Ignorant and and not funny.

Like I have said in the past, people have the right to make whatever joke they want, and other people have the right to take issue with it. If you want to make a joke about a sensitive subject, the margin of error is really small, so it better be some really clever joke. But ole boy made some simple trash *** long hanging fruit nonsense.

Like why the **** would I find child murder funny.

I know y'all ****** not in here doing deep dives on Black Twitter being Black Twitter

1594663755873.png

:lol:

obviously nobody really think will shoulda chris benoit'd his girl smh

So we are distinguishing between finding something funny and a chuckle? I grouped it all in the same boat, considering the context.

Absolutely. A chuckle still counts. Just pointing out that ppl shouldn't expect high quality laughs from Twitter jokes. Reading them limits the quality. They can't be nuanced either, anything more than a few sentences and the joke is lost. They can only be told from the surface.

Da **** are you even talking about

People are just calling a bad joke bad. For forbid someone write a cogent take on an issue.

because man

****** in here talking about "you can tell a lot about a person by what they find funny" :lol: off of simple memes

dead @ this still being a subject

all this reminds me of when Patrice O’neal went on whatever that news channel was so that white lady could try to tell him why some jokes weren’t funny and she didn’t agree with them

Marriage is basically outdated at this point. Society is drastically different from how it was back in the day.
Getting married for the sake of getting married is outdated. If two people know how to treat each other it can benefit their children. Co parenting works, but so do used tires. IMO.

Back
Top Bottom