August Alsina said Will Smith told him he could smash Jada if he wanted to...

Do you apply this to racially charged humor as well? Have you ever taken issue with or thought that someone was possibly racist for laughing at racially insensitive jokes? Or have you thought 'Just because they thought it was funny doesn't mean they don't see the issue being as serious as it is. They just found the joke funny'?

I didn’t want to say this but thank you Ska. Hope your week gets off to a good start bruh.

Do you apply this to racially charged humor as well? Have you ever taken issue with or thought that someone was possibly racist for laughing at racially insensitive jokes? Or have you thought 'Just because they thought it was funny doesn't mean they don't see the issue being as serious as it is. They just found the joke funny'?

Man if somebody finds a joke funny, I ain't about to tell them "That isn't funny."

If they find it funny, they find it funny.

We ALL find stuff funny that others CAN think is out of line for that reason alone I would feel like a hypocrite for trying to police laughs.

So yea, I found it funny.

Or have you thought 'Just because they thought it was funny doesn't mean they don't see the issue being as serious as it is. They just found the joke funny'?
To me, laughing/joking at something =/= a person doesn't understand the severity of the issue. (See Chapelle or many other comics)

Policing what people should find funny is a wild precedence. Yall can do it, I won't.

To me, laughing/joking at something =/= a person doesn't understand the severity of the issue. (See Chapelle or many other comics)

Policing what people should find funny is a wild precedence. Yall can do it, I won't.
I am FAIRLY irreverent when it comes to comedy. There are a few things that I am put off by, though, and I'm probably hypocritical in that. Anything that has to do with rape, nah, I'm out. And the part that probably makes me hypocritical is the question I asked: racially charged humor. I can sit and listen to Dave Chappelle do the blind Klansmen, which is obviously making a mockery of the Klan, I can laugh at George Lopez or Carlos Mencia making fun of white people acting Mexican with no problem, but when I hear comedian make fun of black people, or even the Lil Wayne verse about Emmett Till, I don't know, I definitely feel some type of way. It's not entertaining in the same way as when I see Dave Chappelle do the white news reporter bit with his blond wig and everything. That's funny, my own hypocrisy be damned. 🤷‍♂️

I am FAIRLY irreverent when it comes to comedy. There are a few things that I am put off by, though, and I'm probably hypocritical in that. Anything that has to do with rape, nah, I'm out. And the part that probably makes me hypocritical is the question I asked: racially charged humor. I can sit and listen to Dave Chappelle do the blind Klansmen, which is obviously making a mockery of the Klan, I can laugh at George Lopez or Carlos Mencia making fun of white people acting Mexican with no problem, but when I hear comedian make fun of black people, or even the Lil Wayne verse about Emmett Till, I don't know, I definitely feel some type of way. It's not entertaining in the same way as when I see Dave Chappelle do the white news reporter bit with his blond wig and everything. That's funny, my own hypocrisy be damned. 🤷‍♂️

Yea my point is we all have different levels of tolerance.

I equate it to people complaining about Diamond mining relying heavily on child labor while using their Iphone.

Or someone standingin Wal-Mart while complaining about how inhumane commercialmeat processing is in America.

The Benoit joke might be too sensitive for some.

Mike Vick jokes might be too sensitive for some.

Just acknowledge your own hypocricy.

Im not trying to get too deep into the debate but you can tell a lot about a person by what they laugh at.

giphy (4).gif

There are some very inappropriate memes out there that I imagine would get one banned here (regarding abortion, holocaust, lynching etc). Several elements of humor can exist within any topic, but you just hope that a person's sense of humanity overpowers their sense of humor. I saw the humor in that Benoit joke but I didn't find it funny.

These days, offensive behavior aimed at an indifferent audience is affectionately known as "savage". Especially on the net.

Uh oh. They in here about to cancel DC.
He's creating a Word document right now to defend his stance. I wonder how many times he will use "EYE".

Can we not talk about Chris Benoit drugging & suffocating his kid. Especially in the form of a joke? It's wild buns & literally nothing about that situation is funny.

Here's some of the backstory for those that may not fully be aware:

Back
Top Bottom