Originally Posted by hombrelobo

Originally Posted by AirJus23

Originally Posted by LarryIndiana219

AntonLaVey wrote:

Originally Posted by MrMoneyInDaBank

LarryIndiana219 wrote:
AntonLaVey wrote:
I am a firm believer that as humans we have less worth than most creatures on this planet.

Our "super heroes" do regular %%#+ that animals do. Think about it
grin.gif
Are you guys serious? If other creatures were so much better than humans, why are we ruling the earth and they're sitting in zoo's?

God gave Cheetahs speed
He gave Humans Logic.....and opposable thumbs
Serious question, are you White? I'm not. And I'm also NOT pulling the race card, but I just see %%#+ differently knowing that my people are just as muchof a people as White people are, but 300 years ago we were "domesticated" just like all the other creatures we as a people put in cages and chains. Want a real answer? Go outside into the wild with only the things God gave you. Use YOUR intellect to fashion YOUR defense. See who wins, you or the animals.. see the thing is, you take for granted what people have devised to contain nature. You as a person would cease to exist without your people and all there nick nacks and patty wacks. See how far your opposable thumbs get you in the Amazon..

People Persons aren't looking at the big picture.

People painted over the big picture years ago...

I get it...

No, you don't actually. It's not about individual acheivement. You are not special because you are replaceable as a student, worker, citizen, team mate, etc ad infinitum. Michael Jordan was "special". Yet, he wore a jersey number and a logo. what does that really say? THINK! There are 463098579 people right now playing that position on somebody's team this season, be it NBA or biddy ball. The 2 best players in the NBA right now wanted to "be like Mike" growing up. Kids will want to be like them someday. Mike himself was inspired by someone before him. THINK! If MJ is special, so is Kobe or Lebron. So is the kid that will follow in his footsteps and become "special", and so on.........None of them are all that special when you extend the frame and color in the gaps.
So where do you stop extending the frame. If you zoom out far enough, anything can become small. What's the point of pointing this out?
I can't believe that he's using basketball to support his argument. When saying what he's said he fails to realize that MJ is special because he took the game to a new level Kobe and LeBron are reaching that level too and in turn are creating a new standard. Raising the bar. That is special.

OP thinks because those accomplishments are so "small" they don't matter failing to realize that.. rome wasn't built in a day. It's all about progress. He fails to see that. A hardheaded one he is. High off weed thinking he's always right. It's a case of being young and always right. While expanding his mind he's closed his mind to so many other things from what a gather from his posts. Sad.

Somebody takes basketball to a new level once every generation..... you spend so much time trying to categorize me that you failed to note that MJ was not the first to do any of the things he's known for . Bill has more rings. Kareem, more points. THINK!
Didn't they ever teach you in debate class that you argue the rhetoric, not the debator? Tell me something MJ has done that's "special" besides make shoes. Mind you, he's my fav. player too.. I'm just being real. Being better does not make you unique.
No of course he wasn't the first to do any of the things that he's accomplished because they are only so many SET accomplishments that can be achieved in the game of basketball. BUT he was the FIRST to play the game the way he did. Air Jordan. THINK!

laugh.gif
No, he wasn't.. that's just marketing. And I'm sure Elgin Baylor agrees.

Now you are just in denial. Who played above the like Mike? Why is the game played above the rim now? Because of him. You can say the game was onething up 'til the point he entered the league, and it was very different after him.

You can't deny that. But IMO making basketball comparisons in this conversation is trivial. OP you have a long way to go. As does everyone else is this socalled "life".

AntonLaVey wrote:

LarryIndiana219 wrote:
AntonLaVey wrote:
I am a firm believer that as humans we have less worth than most creatures on this planet.

grin.gif
Are you guys serious? If other creatures were so much better than humans, why are we ruling the earth and they're sitting in zoo's?

God gave Cheetahs speed
Serious question, are you White? I'm not. And I'm also NOT pulling the race card, but I just see %%#+ differently knowing that my people are just as muchof a people as White people are, but 300 years ago we were "domesticated" just like all the other creatures we as a people put in cages and chains. Want a real answer? Go outside into the wild with only the things God gave you. Use YOUR intellect to fashion YOUR defense. See who wins, you or the animals.. see the thing is, you take for granted what people have devised to contain nature. You as a person would cease to exist without your people and all there nick nacks and patty wacks. See how far your opposable thumbs get you in the Amazon..

I get it...

No, you don't actually. It's not about individual acheivement. You are not special because you are replaceable as a student, worker, citizen, team mate, etc ad infinitum. Michael Jordan was "special". Yet, he wore a jersey number and a logo. what does that really say? THINK! There are 463098579 people right now playing that position on somebody's team this season, be it NBA or biddy ball. The 2 best players in the NBA right now wanted to "be like Mike" growing up. Kids will want to be like them someday. Mike himself was inspired by someone before him. THINK! If MJ is special, so is Kobe or Lebron. So is the kid that will follow in his footsteps and become "special", and so on.........None of them are all that special when you extend the frame and color in the gaps.
So where do you stop extending the frame. If you zoom out far enough, anything can become small. What's the point of pointing this out?
I can't believe that he's using basketball to support his argument. When saying what he's said he fails to realize that MJ is special because he took the game to a new level Kobe and LeBron are reaching that level too and in turn are creating a new standard. Raising the bar. That is special.

OP thinks because those accomplishments are so "small" they don't matter failing to realize that.. rome wasn't built in a day. It's all about progress. He fails to see that. A hardheaded one he is. High off weed thinking he's always right. It's a case of being young and always right. While expanding his mind he's closed his mind to so many other things from what a gather from his posts. Sad.

Somebody takes basketball to a new level once every generation..... you spend so much time trying to categorize me that you failed to note that MJ was not the first to do any of the things he's known for . Bill has more rings. Kareem, more points. THINK!
Didn't they ever teach you in debate class that you argue the rhetoric, not the debator? Tell me something MJ has done that's "special" besides make shoes. Mind you, he's my fav. player too.. I'm just being real. Being better does not make you unique.
No of course he wasn't the first to do any of the things that he's accomplished because they are only so many SET accomplishments that can be achieved in the game of basketball. BUT he was the FIRST to play the game the way he did. Air Jordan. THINK!

laugh.gif

Now you are just in denial. Who played above the like Mike? Why is the game played above the rim now? Because of him. You can say the game was one thing up 'til the point he entered the league, and it was very different after him.

You can't deny that. But IMO making basketball comparisons in this conversation is trivial. OP you have a long way to go. As does everyone else is this so called "life".

So.....you...REALLY...believe................... that? MJ changed the face of basketball, not the sport. He succeeded byplaying the same game everyone else played, he just did it better. Baylor added the above the rim aspect, kid. And I never said I had all the answers. I justask all the right questions. The underlying question in this thread is, "Are you aware of your lack of uniqueness?".

Originally Posted by TheTrapezeSwinger

I think someone just watched Avatar and is sad that they're not living on Pandora...
That joke already failed to go over, but you can try a third time in a few pages or so. Who knows.. it might work..
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by Mister Negative

I dont necessarily buy into the whole childhood im special thing..
laugh.gif
I just think it's funny that some dude from Indiana thinks he's droppin knowledge on the masses over a sneaker board...
If lil Jimmy from Detroit needs to think he's special to motivate himself to become the next Martin, Barack or even the first lil Jimmy from Detroit then so be it...
90% of our existence is about our own sense of self worth... Majority of our time is spent with ourselves... So just because you hate yourself don't mean you're right G & that "no one in this world is special"..
Now I hate myself? Where does this #%%# come from
laugh.gif
... Why have I upset so many G.D.I.s.... oh wait.. never mind..
laugh.gif

and tell Jimmy that the best motivation in the world is knowing that you are not special. Someone has felt your pain, taken your losses, and won your victories before. You are not alone if you fail, and there are examples of your potential success. Now go out and achieve, not because you are specially built for it, but because you aren't. We're ALL capable of monumental accomplishment and you're one of us.
Whatever G...
laugh.gif

You just know that you're always right so i do know why dudes like you & DC even make posts... All it ends up being is you telling everybody that they "need to open their minds" & not be followers... When essentially you ain't nothin but twitter tryna get some followers yourself... Youain't enlightening nobody & just like you said yourself you aint the first person with this train of thought so how you feel you droppin knowledge?

What are your intentions really? If Jimmy uses the motivation that HE wants to make HIMSELF better what does it have to do with you? Use your motivations tobetter yourself, if you need to reiterate to yourself that you are a dime a dozen loser then that's great...
laugh.gif
Go out & be the best loser you can... YOU CAN DO IT!

There are several logical fallicies in play so far. First, there are multiple definitions of special; two of of which are: 1.) superior and 2.)distinguishable. The arguments are further complicated by the fact that the terms special, superior, and distinguishable are allrelative. Every person is biologically unique and practically everyone is better than at least one other person at something. Given those criteria, everyoneis special. Whether or not you agree or understand this does not alter reality.

"Perhaps a lunatic was simply a minority of one." George Orwell, 1984

This is sad...

So who tought all of you people that you're not special? EVERY human on this Earth is special and has something to contribute, and if you dont believebelieve that, you're %#***#...

This is exactly what I mean when I'm always saying "know what it means to be human and be in harmony with nature." I can understand if you weretalking about people who say "I'm highly favored by the lord" because that never made sense why a Christian would think that their lord favorsthem over everyone else... I really cant stand when Christians say that... People dont know their own worth and it's sad, and if we all become aware, thisplanet would be completely different.

LarryIndiana219 wrote:

LarryIndiana219 wrote:

LarryIndiana219 wrote:

LarryIndiana219 wrote:

AntonLaVey wrote:

LarryIndiana219 wrote:

LarryIndiana219 wrote:
AntonLaVey wrote:

grin.gif

God gave Cheetahs speed

I get it...

laugh.gif

Now you are just in denial. Who played above the like Mike? Why is the game played above the rim now? Because of him. You can say the game was one thing up 'til the point he entered the league, and it was very different after him.

You can't deny that. But IMO making basketball comparisons in this conversation is trivial. OP you have a long way to go. As does everyone else is this so called "life".

So.....you...REALLY...believe................... that? MJ changed the face of basketball, not the sport. He succeeded by playing the same game everyone else played, he just did it better. Baylor added the above the rim aspect, kid. And I never said I had all the answers. I just ask all the right questions. The underlying question in this thread is, "Are you aware of your lack of uniqueness?".

You still haven't addressed what I said OP. One thing I will give you is that you sparked our interest. However your argument needs much fine tuning.

AntonLaVey wrote:

LarryIndiana219 wrote:
AntonLaVey wrote:

grin.gif

God gave Cheetahs speed

I get it...

laugh.gif

So.....you...REALLY...believe................... that? MJ changed the face of basketball, not the sport. He succeeded by playing the same game everyone else played, he just did it better. Baylor added the above the rim aspect, kid. And I never said I had all the answers. I just ask all the right questions. The underlying question in this thread is, "Are you aware of your lack of uniqueness?".

You really don't? OP give me a break. Put the pot down.

"Not only do I admire Jordan's accomplishments and his phenomenal basketball ability, but also the way he has conducted himself onand off the court. I don't think there will ever be another player to have the same impact on the game of basketball as Michael Jordan."

-Elgin Baylor.

Mister Negative wrote:

Wait..yeah so..moving right along

This is sad...

So who tought all of you people that you're not special? EVERY human on this Earth is special and has something to contribute, and if you dont believe believe that, you're !%%%@@...

This is exactly what I mean when I'm always saying "know what it means to be human." People dont know their own worth and it's
sad.
Peep game:

I'm well aware of my worth, skills, intelligence, and the likes..

I'm also well aware that you are worth something, have skills, intelligence and the likes..

We are similar, if not congruent

therefore, we are not special

Come on ya'll, I've reduced it to 4 simple lines... could it be any more digestable?
laugh.gif

AntonLaVey wrote:

LarryIndiana219 wrote:
AntonLaVey wrote:

grin.gif

God gave Cheetahs speed

I get it...

laugh.gif

"Not only do I admire Jordan's accomplishments and his phenomenal basketball ability, but also the way he has conducted himself on and off the court. I don't think there will ever be another player to have the same impact on the game of basketball as Michael Jordan."

-Elgin Baylor.

that's just one man's (weighted) opinion... the FACT of the matter is that even if that one man feels a certain way about MJ, there were people beforeand will be people after MJ that will "change basketball" so his ROLE as "changer of basketball" is NOT unique. What's so difficult tofollow? I mean really? REALLY?

Originally Posted by TheTrapezeSwinger

I think someone just watched Avatar and is sad that they're not living on Pandora...
That joke already failed to go over, but you can try a third time in a few pages or so. Who knows.. it might work..
ohwell.gif
Just looking for a reason to explain your loneliness and desperation for attention. It's kind of sad. No one here really likes you (still),and to try to instill your own self-loathing isn't going to work for those of us who aren't sheep.

AntonLaVey wrote:

LarryIndiana219 wrote:
AntonLaVey wrote:

grin.gif

God gave Cheetahs speed

I get it...

laugh.gif

"Not only do I admire Jordan's accomplishments and his phenomenal basketball ability, but also the way he has conducted himself on and off the court. I don't think there will ever be another player to have the same impact on the game of basketball as Michael Jordan."

-Elgin Baylor.

that's just one man's (weighted) opinion... the FACT of the matter is that even if that one man feels a certain way about MJ, there were people before and will be people after MJ that will "change basketball" so his ROLE as "changer of basketball" is NOT unique. What's so difficult to follow? I mean really? REALLY?

I only brought that up because you used Baylor as a defense to your point. OP you are making yourself seem pretty dense with these rebuttles.
laugh.gif
I mean really? REALLY?

Yea move along cuz i'm right...
laugh.gif

You ain't doin nothin here but tryna get your name in the annals of the "NT hall of fame" You don't care about opposing viewpoints cuz yousmoked a lil dirt *%! midwest weed & you just know what you FEEL is right... But the thing is that you aint... But by making this incredibly baseless pointyou are your own opposing viewpoint...

We ARE special because despite anyone's similarities we are all different... Hey me & you both have similar length locs... We should probably cut thembecause there are millions of others with locs...
smh.gif
Nevermind the fact that i grew mine for my own reasons as did you... We got to the same point yea but theexperience & reasoning are different... THAT'S what make us special...

Your view on the world is depressing & sad just like ur life seems to be (being that you rely on NT like it's ur ace boon %$##) but keep that *%! toyourself...
laugh.gif

Dense objects sink deepest..

I'm sorry I ran out of practical rebuttals. the thing is, I used up all my practical and rational thought in the OP. But I'm getting irrational repliesback from people who either choose not to see my point or don't have the capacity to. and that's OK. as I said, I'm just the flame proof messenger.You can't win over everybody... But it's really pathetic that some of these lames go so far as to try and insult me personally since they can'tassasinate my line of logic.

Just looking for a reason to explain your loneliness and desperation for attention. It's kind of sad. No one here really likes you (still), and to try to instill your own self-loathing isn't going to work for those of us who aren't sheep.

See what I mean.. that's so weak
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Totally highjacking the thread. Regardless, if you think Jordan's popularity and dare I say success has more to do with hisachievements/talent than his marketing, then you're mistaken.There are plenty of players as good as Jordan, if not better, and many who have played thesame style, both before and after MJ. Think of all of the times they would play a highlight of MJ and then Dr. J for comparison. Main reason people want to"be like mike" is because of the Gatorade commercial. He just had the ability to put on the show, but they gave him the spotlight.

*watches my high as it is blown away...*

lol j/k

this post does make alot of sense... and its somethin im sure we are all guilty of at times...

laugh.gif

Totally highjacking the thread. Regardless, if you think Jordan's popularity and dare I say success has more to do with his achievements/talent than his marketing, then you're mistaken.There are plenty of players as good as Jordan, if not better, and many who have played the same style, both before and after MJ. Think of all of the times they would play a highlight of MJ and then Dr. J for comparison. Main reason people want to "be like mike" is because of the Gatorade commercial. He just had the ability to put on the show, but they gave him the spotlight.

eek.gif
... we can dead that example now though. Someone gets it..

..not that I agree with there being players as good as MJ, but it would take someone not on his jock to finally see the point I was making. Gracias..

Originally Posted by CWK

There are several logical fallicies in play so far. First, there are multiple definitions of special; two of of which are: 1.) superior and 2.) distinguishable. The arguments are further complicated by the fact that the terms special, superior, and distinguishable are all relative. Every person is biologically unique and practically everyone is better than at least one other person at something. Given those criteria, everyone is special. Whether or not you agree or understand this does not alter reality.

"Perhaps a lunatic was simply a minority of one." George Orwell, 1984

Or everyone is NOT special for the exact same reason..

laugh.gif

Totally highjacking the thread. Regardless, if you think Jordan's popularity and dare I say success has more to do with his achievements/talent than his marketing, then you're mistaken.There are plenty of players as good as Jordan, if not better, and many who have played the same style, both before and after MJ. Think of all of the times they would play a highlight of MJ and then Dr. J for comparison. Main reason people want to "be like mike" is because of the Gatorade commercial. He just had the ability to put on the show, but they gave him the spotlight.
Really? REALLY? I mean I'll give you your due but..

Info? Names? (mind you it won't matter because no ONE played like Mike ...before Mike. Marketing played no role in that.)

laugh.gif
You gotta be that man's publicist, girlfriend, or something

laugh.gif

Really? REALLY? I mean I'll give you your due but..

Info? Names? (mind you it won't matter because no ONE played like Mike ...before Mike. Marketing played no role in that.)

Originally Posted by Chicagos Finest 23

People think they are special just like some fat girls think they hot (-_-) Let them be. Its not that serious
It's not, at all. I was expecting a few pages of "hmm... interesting" but I guess I ruffled some of these birds !%% dudes feathers.I made no personal attacks, but some very un-special people identified with what I was saying and started crying about it
grin.gif

So here we are..

Back
Top Bottom