Atlanta VS New york.............current swag capitol?

Originally Posted by McL0vin

I don't understand why ppl even try to argue about this.I ain't knocking the south but real talk: NYC sets trends for the rest of the WORLD, you cant really say that about anywhere else in the US other than L.A. Stop being ignorant and just accept it. Ya'll just think you're doing it but u really not
eyes.gif
maybe in hypebeast fashion, but high end fashion NYC does not set the trends. Paris???

I hate to break the news but the "prep" polo, wallabee, suit & tie, boats style has been a trademark in southernhbcu's for decades, adopted from the caucasian boarding schools/frats, no young dro.

if y'all 'swag' is at the all-time high like y'all be talkin bout...why NY stay in y'all mouths for?

we here doing our business and y'all gotta do a ___ > NY thing to try and validate y'all statements.

you know why? cuz you know deep down in your hearts it's not true, and for it to be true, you have to top the highest of its caliber.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

just leave it alone y'all. and appreciate your city for what it is.
pimp.gif

don't mean y'all beatin NY in anything though. just keep it movin. it's not an argument.

Originally Posted by cgutta

Originally Posted by ericberry14

Originally Posted by Chi ILL

I'mma have to give this one to NY & y'all already know how I feel about NY .
laugh.gif

& for the record , Chicago >
maybe in terms of murder rate... but besides that... uhh chicago isnt even in discussion for consideration in this topic
got em...........my friend went out there talking about cats on the roof with guns on some COD 4 stuff, he was mad shook
Ignorant . Wow you're dumb .
laugh.gif

& London sets the trends for everyone ... NOT New York .

Man for a young black male who loves the light skin chicks, nice weather, nice nightlife, slow paced but not boring city ATL is for me. If you into that fastpaced life NY is for you but to me NY was a little overrated to me. The NYC clubscene wasnt popping like I thought it was goin to. Its some nice chicks upthere but the concistency rate isnt up to par with the A.

And as far as that gay stuff come on now dont act like yall dont have alot of funnies up there didnt NY mayor dress up in drag. In Im sure NY would legalizesame team marriage before GA. I personally dont have a gay problem when Im in the A other than these bi chicks
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Keithahundred

Originally Posted by Hugo

ima go with NY...ATL is wack
btw im going 2 brooklyn this week
pimp.gif

First time I'm gone disagree with you
roll.gif

oops my bad 4got to put the "jk" after wack lol, i still need to go check that place out one day

laugh.gif

maybe in terms of murder rate... but besides that... uhh chicago isnt even in discussion for consideration in this topic
got em...........my friend went out there talking about cats on the roof with guns on some COD 4 stuff, he was mad shook
laugh.gif

indifferent.gif

Like you said yourself

"Kneesh horrible.... "

Now go back to being 16

Originally Posted by Ninjasonik

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

indifferent.gif

Like you said yourself

"Kneesh horrible.... "

Now go back to being 16

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

LOL....NYC is the capital of the world, the hell is Atlanta known for besides chicken n waffles.

Originally Posted by instant klassic

Originally Posted by AceBoogie

I hate to break the news but the "prep" polo, wallabee, suit & tie, boats style has been a trademark in southern hbcu's for decades, adopted from the caucasian boarding schools/frats, no young dro.
You're right, but only when it comes to the term "fratty" because most of those dudes look disheveled. Ever heard of New England? Ivy League? Yale, Princeton, Darthmouth, Harvard, Columbia, Brown, Cornell? Esteemed schools that only the best get in to. Most of our presidents have graduated from these schools. Ring a bell? These are the true preps that really started this style. Anything nautical inspired was from the Northeast because certain areas were surrounded by water, sailing is in their blood. Everything you see on the RL website from certain items to how they're styled on the models is based on what northeast preps actually wear. Their style of dress has never really changed much. From their fathers to their grandfathers to their great grandfathers etc. Where do you think you get your boat shoes from? Massachusetts. Ralph Lauren, Bronx, NY born, he got his idea to start up his own company from working at Brooks Brothers also founded in NY. J. Press too, another prep retailer that has served generations where the ivys are located. LL Bean, Vineyard Vines, also eastcoast based. While the south only has Ben Silver and Southern Proper, which true preps don't even really wear.

Major metropolitan cities in the world that make an impact:
London, Tokyo, Paris, NYC, LA.
I never see any other cities get mentions and this is through various news outlets. You're either a coastal city or a flyover state.

Well Damn
pimp.gif

I never see any other cities get mentions and this is through various news outlets. You're either a coastal city or a flyover state.

+ San Francisco
+ Miami

Originally Posted by AceBoogie

I hate to break the news but the "prep" polo, wallabee, suit & tie, boats style has been a trademark in southern hbcu's for decades, adopted from the caucasian boarding schools/frats, no young dro.
You're right, but only when it comes to the term "fratty" because most of those dudes look disheveled. Ever heard of New England? Ivy League? Yale, Princeton, Darthmouth, Harvard, Columbia, Brown, Cornell? Esteemed schools that only the best get in to. Most of our presidents have graduated from these schools. Ring a bell? These are the true preps that really started this style. Anything nautical inspired was from the Northeast because certain areas were surrounded by water, sailing is in their blood. Everything you see on the RL website from certain items to how they're styled on the models is based on what northeast preps actually wear. Their style of dress has never really changed much. From their fathers to their grandfathers to their great grandfathers etc. Where do you think you get your boat shoes from? Massachusetts. Ralph Lauren, Bronx, NY born, he got his idea to start up his own company from working at Brooks Brothers also founded in NY. J. Press too, another prep retailer that has served generations where the ivys are located. LL Bean, Vineyard Vines, also eastcoast based. While the south only has Ben Silver and Southern Proper, which true preps don't even really wear.

Rhode Island born, DC raised so yes i'm familiar. Obliged for the unnecessary rundown but i was speaking to the mention of young dro being aninfluence for what everyone is saying is a "new wave" of fashion.

Back
Top Bottom