Atlanta VS New york.............current swag capitol?

WHY ARE PEOPLE STILL DISCUSSING THE FEMALES? LIKE I SAID I'VE LIVED IN BOTH CITIES AND IT ISNT EVEN CLOSE AT ALL. ATLANTA WOMEN ARE WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY SEXIERTHAN NYC WOMEN. I'M NOT EVEN SAYING THAT BECAUSE I'M BIASED BECAUSE IM NOT FROM EITHER CITY JUST WHAT I HAVE SEEN WITH MY VERY OWN EYES.

Originally Posted by memphissfinest

WHY ARE PEOPLE STILL DISCUSSING THE FEMALES? LIKE I SAID I'VE LIVED IN BOTH CITIES AND IT ISNT EVEN CLOSE AT ALL. ATLANTA WOMEN ARE WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY SEXIER THAN NYC WOMEN. I'M NOT EVEN SAYING THAT BECAUSE I'M BIASED BECAUSE IM NOT FROM EITHER CITY JUST WHAT I HAVE SEEN WITH MY VERY OWN EYES.

Different people have different tastes in women.

I'mma have to give this one to NY & y'all already know how I feel about NY .
laugh.gif

& for the record , Chicago >

Originally Posted by Forgot About Jae

What's wrong with dreads though ? And I'm not even a dreadhead, or would even look right in em
laugh.gif

Yall NY dudes are naturally competitive, I can dig that nh. But yall let the competitive shh get to yall's heads sometimes. My ex jump [ny slang ftw] used to bring me up around her gay NY homey and dude would try to downplay me without even knowing who the hell I was. Then the cornballs who come down south and brag about being from queenz, but still can't get the girls. That ain't every NYer though. ATL on the other hand has all them hatin !*$ tall-tee wearing cats who go to the club to fight plus a plethora of ignorant ghetto hoodrats but so do us Houstonians. But it's w/e

Both cities are great, GREAT places if you can make it. That's anywhere...NYC is much more upscale though, so much $$$$ out there, yet so hard to get for some people.

And motha $!$$ gentrification.
I had no idea you were from Houston, too.

Anyway, never been to NYC, but I have been to Atlanta while visting family and I really enjoyed it there.

With that being said, this thread is pretty pointless, each city has their pros and cons but people are going to be biased regardless.

ehhh I won't knock NY either, but I already know this thread won't end well.

but at the end of the day, ATL, and this is coming from an Arkansan.

This is dumb. Why do these threads always have to be made? Obviously people live where they live for a reason.. for me personally, NY is the best... Nightlife, things to do during the day, the boroughs, music, fashion, opportunity.. its all there.. Somebody show me a city where so many younger people from ourgeneration are doing so much.. Maybe LA comes close (I haven't been there in over a year, so I'm not sure) but nobody else. We have a ton of peoplefrom like 16-25 who are killing it in fashion design, DJ'ing, emceeing, music in general, promoting, skating, writing, bmx'ing, art, etc

pr0phecy718 wrote:
QuestLife wrote:
iBlink wrote:
ericberry14 wrote:
Ninjasonik wrote:
Plus y'all can't even dress downt here, smh. No style

Fam... dudes in NY are starting to get on the Polo bandwagon HARD thanks to dudes in the A.
ny? polo bandwagon?
eek.gif

that had to be the most stupidest comment I have read up to date....people in nyc have been wearing polo since the early-mid 90's
indifferent.gif
smh.gif

Polo has not been the main trend since the 90's fam get out of here. Of course, EVERYONE wears/has worn POLO at some point, but it hasn't been asextensive at it is now. Your dude may wear an RL polo one day then go the rest of the week wearing AKDMKS, Sean John, Evisu, etc. Only lately have you seendudes wearing Polo every day. You're lying to yourself if you're thinking NY dudes have been on Polo boots, boat shoes, etc. for thelongest. Get outa here with that bs
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by gabbyflo

With that being said, this thread is pretty pointless, each city has their pros and cons but people are going to be biased regardless.

/thread

Originally Posted by iBlink

pr0phecy718 wrote:
QuestLife wrote:
iBlink wrote:
ericberry14 wrote:
Ninjasonik wrote:
Plus y'all can't even dress downt here, smh. No style

Fam... dudes in NY are starting to get on the Polo bandwagon HARD thanks to dudes in the A.
ny? polo bandwagon?
eek.gif

that had to be the most stupidest comment I have read up to date....people in nyc have been wearing polo since the early-mid 90's
indifferent.gif
smh.gif

Polo has not been the main trend since the 90's fam get out of here. Of course, EVERYONE wears/has worn POLO at some point, but it hasn't been as extensive at it is now. Your dude may wear an RL polo one day then go the rest of the week wearing AKDMKS, Sean John, Evisu, etc. Only lately have you seen dudes wearing Polo every day. You're lying to yourself if you're thinking NY dudes have been on Polo boots, boat shoes, etc. for the longest. Get outa here with that bs
indifferent.gif

those brands weren't even in existance to the period I'm referring to
laugh.gif
roll.gif

there were brands like karl kani, tommy hilfiger, nautica, mecca, phat farm
grin.gif
embarassed.gif

and I never said dudes been wearing polo boots, boat shoes...the shirts and jeans, yes...but not footwear.....I can't speak for the rest of nyc, but inbklyn- polo was popular

It seems like the Polo thing is touching a nerve so let me clarify.

Everyone from every city in every state in the US of A has worn RL (broad assumption yes, but you see the point I'm trying to make; everyone'sworn Polo). No matter how long the time line may stretch, you've always seen Polo in people's wardrobes.

What I'm saying is that as of late, most people have strayed away from the urban wear and are crossing over to a more sophisticated (kinda) way ofdressing. RL is now the trendy thing to wear (hence me saying that no one wore three articles of clothing bearing the man on the horse on a day to daybasis).

Tell me what rapper, in recent memory, made Polo hats, shoes, socks, pants, and shirts the thing to wear?

I don't understand why ppl even try to argue about this.I ain't knocking the south but real talk: NYC sets trends for the rest of the WORLD, you cantreally say that about anywhere else in the US other than L.A. Stop being ignorant and just accept it. Ya'll just think you're doing it but u really not
eyes.gif

Everyone from every city in every state in the US of A has worn RL (broad assumption yes, but you see the point I'm trying to make; everyone's worn Polo). No matter how long the time line may stretch, you've always seen Polo in people's wardrobes.

What I'm saying is that as of late, most people have strayed away from the urban wear and are crossing over to a more sophisticated (kinda) way of dressing. RL is now the trendy thing to wear (hence me saying that no one wore three articles of clothing bearing the man on the horse on a day to day basis).

Tell me what rapper, in recent memory, made Polo hats, shoes, socks, pants, and shirts the thing to wear?
Just shut up with that argument already. Young Dro does not define a "Polo" movement in urban fashion. Polo has always been relevant inNYC from the hood to Upper East Side.

Texas started the polo trend back in the 80s, and early 90's UGK really blew that up.
Another idiot that doesn't know what he is talking about.

Originally Posted by Chi ILL

I'mma have to give this one to NY & y'all already know how I feel about NY .
laugh.gif

& for the record , Chicago >
maybe in terms of murder rate... but besides that... uhh chicago isnt even in discussion for consideration in this topic

Texas started the polo trend back in the 80s, and early 90's UGK really blew that up.

but NY>>>>>>>>>>ATL

Originally Posted by RellNye

Everyone from every city in every state in the US of A has worn RL (broad assumption yes, but you see the point I'm trying to make; everyone's worn Polo). No matter how long the time line may stretch, you've always seen Polo in people's wardrobes.

What I'm saying is that as of late, most people have strayed away from the urban wear and are crossing over to a more sophisticated (kinda) way of dressing. RL is now the trendy thing to wear (hence me saying that no one wore three articles of clothing bearing the man on the horse on a day to day basis).

Just shut up with that argument already. Young Dro does not define a "Polo" movement in urban fashion. Polo has always been relevant in NYC from the hood to Upper East Side.

Another idiot that doesn't know what he is talking about.

For you to make a statement like that, you couldn't have read the paragraph that he posted.

Originally Posted by McL0vin

I don't understand why ppl even try to argue about this.I ain't knocking the south but real talk: NYC sets trends for the rest of the WORLD, you cant really say that about anywhere else in the US other than L.A. Stop being ignorant and just accept it. Ya'll just think you're doing it but u really not
CALI>>> NY

that is all.

Anybody else remember ?

kanye_west.jpg

Add the fact that the whole "designer wear Od" style has been hot in NYC heavy for the last few years. You remember all them kids who wore the freshprince hats in 05-06 and were fresh ? They went from the sneakerhead to wearing OD gucci and prada and RL. Yung Dro ain't big in NY like he is in thesouth..It ain't nothing worth arguing over though. I like NYC's fashion freedom mindset, but at the same time so many people looking like carbon copiesof each other down there. Throwback era
smh.gif
Tall tee era
smh.gif

Drooooo
pimp.gif

RellNye wrote:
iBlink wrote:

Just shut up with that argument already. Young Dro does not define a "Polo" movement in urban fashion. Polo has always been relevant in NYC from the hood to Upper East Side.

You shut up. I never said Dro's name
laugh.gif
but you knew whooriginated the style so just give up kid. Like I said... EVERYONE has worn POLO, but only recently has it become THE thing to wear; and youjust attributed the occurence to Dro... who's from where? THE A; you're done fam

. I'm not even arguing against NY (hell I was born in our lady of mercy), but some of you dudes (the guy I've quoted in particular) are just dumb ashell. NYC tops a lot of stuff, but to knock a place you obviously know little to nothing about just makes you look dumb...er.

Back
Top Bottom