AT&T heads workers and subscribers...tips about u-verse

Considering AT&T u-verse over other cable and internet providers in central florida. Any body have any experience tips or reviews. Any perspectives are appreciated!

Haggle. They'll give you an amazing deal if you say you could get it cheaper somewhere else and you're leaning that way.

Actually, haggle a bit. Book installation like 2 weeks away, wait about a week and call to cancel cancel installation citing that someone made you a better offer, you'll be good.

They were going to give me U200 and 2 HD boxes for 55 a month all becuase I wanted the Laker games. Normally it would have been close to 85-90 for all of that.

I've never had dropped signal or anything with them, nothing bad to say about Uverse.

Hope this was helpful. Peace.

if you have them for wireless phone, DO NOT COMBINE BILLING. paying two separate bills is worth the hassle trust me.

their u-verse and wireless are two separate companies (at least that's what they kept telling me) and they were jacking up my bill for the first 5 months no lie. that wasn't even the worst part. when I cancelled u-verse, my wireless account went into collections! had to sort that out and til this day I never got an explanation as to what they did. I was paying my cellphone bill monthly then out of the blue I got a collections notice in the mail. I had a credit balance of all the cellphone payments I was making but they were just letting it chill in my account and not take it. no clue what was up with that but other than that, I enjoyed the u-verse app on my phone and their layout is easy to use with the remote and channel guides.

@N3RD should I deal with customer service or go to a store? The prices aren't fixed? Do i suggest a price or will they offer a better price for services i want?

Getting UVerse tv installed on Wed.  Currently have UVerse Internet and Telephone.  I'm switching from DirecTV because the price of DTV is getting insane coupled with the fact that during the summer when it rains we'll lose the signal completely, we live down in Florida so during the summer it rains on a daily basis and I'm tired of hearing my wife complain every time the tv goes out when she's trying to watch something. The only reason I even keep cable is for sports.  

I tried UVerse tv out about 6months ago.  The wireless boxes are nice, but they do drop the signal sometimes and you lose the picture and the only way to rectify it is to restart the box.  We also had a problems with the DVR functionality where shows would record but when my wife would go to play them the shows weren't showing.  

I had TV and Internet. Called and cancelled TV in the end of Sept. Around the middle of Nov I called to add TV back, and had a date of install for like Dec 5th. I called in like Dec 27th and said I needed to cancel the install. So retention got on the phone with some department that came back to me with the deal of 55 etc etc.

I did this all via the phone, and I just made it seem like I was only getting it for the Lakers that I didn't really need it. So they were trying as hard as they could to keep that install.

I think you can make it work if you just be extremely polite and just be normal. Have a conversation with them, and just let them walk you into a price. If you don't like the price balk and say it won't work for you, etc.

And with ATT you can always call in and ask for promos. HBO Showtime promos, upgrade tier for 6months promo. Upgrade internet tiers. Im getting 18mbs a month for 37, I know that deal can be beat, but for ATT its pretty damn good.

Good looking out! Thanks for schooling me. Im def going to look into this next week.

Considering AT&T u-verse over other cable and internet providers in central florida. Any body have any experience tips or reviews. Any perspectives are appreciated!
Don't do it.

The have an AMAZING product, but their service is hit or miss. You either have perfect service or crap service. Our service would get interrupted at least 25-30 times a day (I'm talking phone, internet, and tv). We'd call them and they'd come out, reset some stuff and claim it should work. Later that night, the troubles would be right back.

After causing me to take many Ls on 2k, cutting out during sports (cut out during the super bowl, NBA Finals, and the Mayweather vs Ortiz/Cotto), and making me miss the yeezy release I finally said F it and cancelled on them. Tried to offer me all kinds of discounts, but it wasn't worth it since they couldn't deliver the service. Switched to comcast and haven't looked back.

If I wear you, I'd check with your neighbors and see how their service is. If they mention that it cuts off at all, stay away! If they say nothing about the interruptions, then sign up and you'll def enjoy it.

Back
Top Bottom