Asics Love?!? Where is it?

Not my pic but here are some other pictures of the nippons (treated with baby oil) that I came across
The navy on his original pair were really dull. Hope he shows a follow up picture when it dries.

I'll probably attempt to do this and see how it goes. Hopefully it doesn't need maintenance touch ups from time to time 'cause that would suck.

Lol still not sure if bait deserves any props for this. Paying 160 for a shoe and you still have to rub baby oil on it with a toothbrush? They should know better. At least you guys have a way to salvage your pair, looks much better oiled.

Lol still not sure if bait deserves any props for this. Paying 160 for a shoe and you still have to rub baby oil on it with a toothbrush? They should know better. At least you guys have a way to salvage your pair, looks much better oiled.

Some of us payed one 125 and just like my Tiffany's that came from ndc I used leather lotion on those to shine them up. You know you want them nippons bro

I'm not knocking the shoe, i still think they look dope. Wouldn't mind grabbing one for the girl.

And I'd def do 125, but anything more would be beyond me. Paying good money for a shoe that's not what it's made out to be is just embarrassing for bait IMO.

I'm sure all those glamor shots that were taking for promo ads and Sneakernews.com etc. were all treated with baby oil. I mean, I'm not mad at BAIT, I kept my Nippon's, I LOVE THEM but this just makes them even better IMO.

I'm sure BAIT wanted to see get a crowd reaction first, than to (save face) dropped the video. No harm, no foul, it wasn't the end of the world, it's a shoe. I still believe BAIT would of dropped this video, just later than sooner.

P.S. I met that guy in the video at the BAIT OC store when I copped my Nippons, real cool dude, although he didn't let me peep the shoe first, he let the guy before me check his out :lol:

Also nobody complained in store when they got the shoe, everybody was just happy as **** to get em.

Last edited:
People at BAIT must lurk this thread because there were a ton of people here that trashed them here for looking so dull. 
laugh.gif

As of midnight eastern time ubiq's website still won't load. :lol: hopefully they have a shopify link or this ain't gonna happen again.

Edit: actually it loaded just took about 2 mins but still...

Last edited:
As of midnight eastern time ubiq's website still won't load. :lol: hopefully they have a shopify link or this ain't gonna happen again.

Edit: actually it loaded just took about 2 mins but still...

Lol going to be another interesting morning doubt they switched over to shopify but I could be wrong, well see.

Those shots of the nippons look good, give mine the treatment tomorrow. Was already diggin em even with the dullness this is an added bonus

Man, that video just helped me not regret my purchase. I was going to keep the regardless but was disappointed on how they looked out the box. Glad they came out with that video. Kinda Cool on how they designed the shoe and glad they used Great material for a pair of &160 pair of asics.

Last edited:
This is the first time in my life baby oil was the answer to the problem. Anyways, they look 100x better lubed up, no doubt

Just treated my nippon with baby oil
Came out soo muchh nicer than the first time i received them

Btw anyone know who sell woei size 10/10.5? Hehe

Back
Top Bottom