Asics Love?!? Where is it?

You got bamboozled.
Yeah, I'm a little worried about that, since some of their recent "kithstrike" releases ran out of the rope laces, and  some people didn't get them... Ima be pissed if mine don't have them this time. 
mad.gif

Unless it's an actual Fieg collab, I wouldn't get my hopes up on the laces, nor would I purchase based on the rope laces.

Send them back. It would be false advertising if they didn't include them. It states clearly on the site that they come in the box. I love how the grey/purp pair looks with the ropes.

Edit: From shoe description, "This shoe comes with an additional set of two-tone rope laces." I guess if they can't guarantee them, they should throw a "might" in there.

Last edited:
so what happens if you order them and they dont come with the rope laces? :rolleyes

it's happened to me before in the past that kith forgot to include the rope laces (it was with the black/yellow gel lyte iii kithstrike), so i just simply emailed them about it. don't think i ever got an email reply back, but the rope laces eventually showed up on my door step a few weeks later (as i'm sure a bunch of folks notified them that they forgot to toss the rope laces into the shoe box before packaging them up and shippin' them out)...so no biggie. everyone makes mistakes every now and then...as long as it eventually gets taken care of...it's all good...

yeah i want them but hopefully they still have my size tomorrow i rather try and get the cottonmouths because i really like them but if i strike out the white and grape gl5's will be a good consolation prize. :rolleyes

Unless it's an actual Fieg collab, I wouldn't get my hopes up on the laces, nor would I purchase based on the rope laces.
in the description of the shoes on kith it says comes with additional two-tonal rope lace. 
It's said it before, and many people were disappointed when they opened the box and they weren't included....

well...for the few of you who may have missed out on the phantom lagoons...guess they're gettin' a wider release afterall...at least internationally...

http://blog.baitme.com/index.php/20...l-saga-phantom-lagoons-european-release-1012/

below is a copy/paste of the main story from their blog, but you should go to their blog if you want to see the full list of retailers (would've made this post too long to list them all out here):

"The BAIT x Asics Gel Saga “Phantom Lagoons” will be taking over Europe’s top sneaker boutiques. Our successful collaboration will be available at premium European sneaker stores this weekend, starting on October 12, 2013. The retailers that will be carrying our refreshing take on the classic 90′s silhouette include Colette, SneakersNStuff, End Clothing, 24 Kilates, Crooked Tongues, Slam Jam, FOTT, Foot Patrol, Hanon, Size?, Afew, Titolo, WoodWood, Woei, and many more. Hit the jump for a complete list of retailers who will be stocking the shoe."

Good to see the BAIT site was nice enough to state European release, unlike PYS which said International  - Australia jibbed again.

Last edited:
I don't know if's just me, but my pair of white Gel Lyte V's fit a lil tight on me, even though I sized .5 up. Granted it's my first pair of V's, but I've never had this issue with other Asics straight out of the box. Do you think I just need to break it in to loosen it up or should I just return?

No joke. These are absolutely beautiful in person. Materials are decent, but the simple color-blocking easily puts these in my Top 10 for 2013. I can see them getting a lot of wear so I might actually double-up...

For those asking: I purchased them from a local boutique that made a special order from a stockist that handles their footwear/apparel division. Unfortunately, they do not accept phone orders & judging by the amount the store received, they will more or less be gone by the weekend. They were a little under $110 after taxes...

Back
Top Bottom