Asics Love?!? Where is it?

hello asics fans,

just  bought some GL3 x clot - went with the same size as the other GL3 CRs i have

from searching this thread the general consensus is that the leather lining is not a cause to half size down. anyone care to confirm or deny?

I haven't seen anything posted recently but what does the thread make of the Asics boot crossover type shoe. It looked to me like a lot is going on at once with them but if the right color scheme came out I'd consider.

hello asics fans,

just  bought some GL3 x clot - went with the same size as the other GL3 CRs i have

from searching this thread the general consensus is that the leather lining is not a cause to half size down. anyone care to confirm or deny?
I don't think leather lining makes a difference on sizing, GLIII sizing is just a bit weird in general. Every pair I have fits a bit different.

hello asics fans,

from searching this thread the general consensus is that the leather lining is not a cause to half size down. anyone care to confirm or deny
I confirm that this is true for the Size x GLIII Tsavorites I have. Went TTS on those (10) and up half a size on all my other GLIII's (10.5) and they fit the same. Wide footer as well.

Do you normally size up for your reg GL3 size or go TTS? 
i TTS on the reg GL3  so i went for that size

its mad though, i'm wearing a GR pair today the label says - US10 EU 43..i look on the the Asics webpage for the converter matrix and it has US10 EU 44.   i had to confirm with the JP sizing 28CM what kind of madness is that?

thanks for the input lads reps all round, i'm feeling quietly confident they will fit nicely.

i TTS on the reg GL3  so i went for that size

its mad though, i'm wearing a GR pair today the label says - US10 EU 43..i look on the the Asics webpage for the converter matrix and it has US10 EU 44.   i had to confirm with the JP sizing 28CM what kind of madness is that?

thanks for the input lads reps all round, i'm feeling quietly confident they will fit nicely.
I own both colorways of the clots in tts and they both fit real good so you should be fine.

I own both colorways of the clots in tts and they both fit real good so you should be fine.
thanks.

whats the quote in your sig from? or is that just you speaking?

and what are those hairy suede ones in the pics above? - -edit -actually 2 pages back you've  posted a photo of them, as ddi another NTer

Last edited:

thanks.

whats the quote in your sig from? or is that just you speaking?

and what are those hairy suede ones in the pics above? - -edit -actually 2 pages back you've  posted a photo of them, as ddi another NTer
lol lots of questions

The shoes I posted where Mita GT-II squirrels 

and the quote is Royal Tenenbaum 
smokin.gif

hello asics fans,

I find leather lining fits differently because they are usually less padded.  If the shoes have a fleece or mesh lining, I find that it's usually puffier and takes up more space.  An example is the KFE GL3.  They fit about a half size big on me and I went TTS.  I ended up with a 8.5 and a 9 in the HAL silverscreens and I'm currently wearing the 8.5 as they fit much better.  My other non leather lined GL3's are all size 9 and they fit fine.  I've tried an 8.5 in Alvin Purples and the fit snug.  I think every shoe is different but if it's leather lined, I'd be inclined to size down as I like them to fit more snug.

Good reason not to ever purchase that brand if Kanye wore them. His fans are the worst.
more like he's the worst. Dude hasn't done anything good in a long time.
He sucks, too, but we don't have to deal with Kanye in threads, but we do have deal with his Stans.

hello asics fans,

General rule of thumb if you.5 up in GL3s is to go TTS with leather lined. That said, everyone is different, especially if you're a widefooter and some of those guys stay .5 up. Personally, more times than not, I stay with the general rule, but there are exceptions. At the end of the day, it's preference. That and some shoes actually run bigger or smaller than others.

Last edited:

I find leather lining fits differently because they are usually less padded.  If the shoes have a fleece or mesh lining, I find that it's usually puffier and takes up more space.  An example is the KFE GL3.  They fit about a half size big on me and I went TTS.  I ended up with a 8.5 and a 9 in the HAL silverscreens and I'm currently wearing the 8.5 as they fit much better.  My other non leather lined GL3's are all size 9 and they fit fine.  I've tried an 8.5 in Alvin Purples and the fit snug.  I think every shoe is different but if it's leather lined, I'd be inclined to size down as I like them to fit more snug.
Mita and Dirty Bucks (Mesh and Leather lined, respectively) were too tight on me in an 11.5, but Titolo and HAL (another Mesh and then leather lined) fit me fine in an 11.5.

I also have Alvin Purples in an 11.5 and they're too snug, but then I have Emmi in an 11.5 and they're perfect.

I might just have a weird foot, though lol. I broke my foot about two years ago and sizing has been a bit tougher since then lol.

Last edited:

Mita and Dirty Bucks (Mesh and Leather lined, respectively) were too tight on me in an 11.5, but Titolo and HAL (another Mesh and then leather lined) fit me fine in an 11.5.

I also have Alvin Purples in an 11.5 and they're too snug, but then I have Emmi in an 11.5 and they're perfect.

I might just have a weird foot, though lol. I broke my foot about two years ago and sizing has been a bit tougher since then lol.
Yea that's usually the case if you break your foot.  I have a friend that has the same issue.

Since we're talking about sizing, how do Three Lies fit?

I'm hoping they fit closer to Papercuts/Emmi/Silver Screen.

So, just to ask, and I hate being that guy.

How do the Gel Lyte 3/5 fit?

I'm generally an 11 in almost everything I buy. I was told an a true 10.5 with the arch of an all....

So, just to ask, and I hate being that guy.

How do the Gel Lyte 3/5 fit?

I'm generally an 11 in almost everything I buy. I was told an a true 10.5 with the arch of an all....
I up .5 in both. The open tongue won't close on the 3 if I go tts and then 5 looks wide as hell if I go tts bc of the sock liner. Up .5 in both works well.

Half size up for sure on Gel Lyte 3s.

I up .5 in both. The open tongue won't close on the 3 if I go tts and then 5 looks wide as hell if I go tts bc of the sock liner. Up .5 in both works well.

Reps to both you guys. Thanks. I think I want the "Scary Colds". Thinking of making the switch.....I've always been a mid top guy.....but lately I've been feeling I need a change of scenery...

Edit: On another note, how will the sale of them go? Is this like an Insta-sellout so be ready right when they drop or do these things sit for a bit?

Last edited:
Reps to both you guys. Thanks. I think I want the "Scary Colds". Thinking of making the switch.....I've always been a mid top guy.....but lately I've been feeling I need a change of scenery...

Edit: On another note, how will the sale of them go? Is this like an Insta-sellout so be ready right when they drop or do these things sit for a bit?
Keep in mind, Goretex GLV are known fit .5 smaller than other GLV, so you might want to size up.

These will definitely sit for a bit and likely go on sale, but that's just me.

Back
Top Bottom