Asics Love?!? Where is it?

Last thing I "camped" for was maybe 5 hrs before store opened for Melo AJ2s.....it stormed horribly that morning and I made it a point from that day forward to work my good relationships I had so I'd never have to do that again. It baffles me that dudes are willing to camp 72+ hrs straight for a pair of sneakers.....doesn't matter what you want them for imo, that's just insanely OD. How you tell ya moms, your girl, or your kids that you're leaving home for multiple days on end for a pair of sneakers and feel good about yourself?

I am 36 years old. I cant find enough time in the day as it is. You will never see me camp outside of being in the woods. I actually love real camping. But if i was 16, lived in manhatten, and all my friends and i camped together, i can see where that might be something fun to do. Especially if you are young. old , fat resellers get the gas face though. 

I think he specifically means Concepts since they won't have all 1990 pairs.
Yeah, and Deon isn't going to give numbers so there's really no way to know other than wild speculation. On that note, I hear this release is going to be close in numbers to Legend 11s

Yeah, and Deon isn't going to give numbers so there's really no way to know other than wild speculation. On that note, I hear this release is going to be close in numbers to Legend 11s
That would be ideal, so then everyone who wants one can get a pair.

What other boutiques are confirmed to drop these?

Deon did hint to having the majority of the allocation when I asked him on IG, so I'd assume he's got at least 600 pairs of them. The rest of the allocation will be like all the other releases I'd assume......enough for in store only and probably no more than 30 to each spot

ideally it would be 1000 to cncpts...and 990 to the rest of the world...but these titolos/packers were more like 100-200 to those those stores, 1000 to the rest of the world...700-900 backdoored/frontdoored/unaccounted for

I am 36 years old. I cant find enough time in the day as it is. You will never see me camp outside of being in the woods. I actually love real camping. But if i was 16, lived in manhatten, and all my friends and i camped together, i can see where that might be something fun to do. Especially if you are young. old , fat resellers get the gas face though. 

But if you're were 16 (not you particularly), shouldn't you be in school though? Not like you can fake like you're going to school and come home at the end of the day....wouldn't you lose your line spot? I refuse to believe there's a teenager out there right now....gotta be young adults with no real life/job to allow the flexibility to give up multiple days on such short notice. I think the first I heard of camping prior to the day of release was the Pigeon SBs and I was shocked that dudes would seriously commit that type of time for a pair of sneakers. It was ridiculous to me then and I knew it was only gonna get worse from that point on. It's probably the lamest act I've encountered since dealing with sneakers......now you got dudes leaving empty chairs, bringing sleeping bags and tents....for sneakers.....that at most will get you a few oohs/aahhs from that select few in the know. maybe a gang of e-props that last a few days/weeks until the next release drops or when you decide to post a pic in the dedicated thread/hashtag for them. I like shoes a lot but I know I don't have to have any single pair that bad....too easy to move on to the next release....especially these days with overwhelming amounts of drops happening every weekend. If for some reason I do miss the Cncpts....Saucony has 3 drops that I'd cop as constellation cops and be good. By the time the MayPac fight started Saturday night, i would have forgotten all about missing Cncpts. It's just not that serious....ever. I wish more would see it that way.

Last edited:
But if you're were 16 (not you particularly), shouldn't you be in school though? Not like you can fake like you're going to school and come home at the end of the day....wouldn't you lose your line spot? I refuse to believe there's a teenager out there right now....gotta be young adults with no real life/job to allow the flexibility to give up multiple days on such short notice. I think the first I heard of camping prior to the day of release was the Pigeon SBs and I was shocked that dudes would seriously commit that type of time for a pair of sneakers. It was ridiculous to me then and I knew it was only gonna get worse from that point on. It's probably the lamest act I've encountered since dealing with sneakers......now you got dudes leaving empty chairs, bringing sleeping bags and tents....for sneakers.....that at most will get you a few oohs/aahhs from that select few in the know. maybe a gang of e-props that last a few days/weeks until the next release drops or when you decide to post a pic in the dedicated thread/hashtag for them. I like shoes a lot but I know I don't have to have any single pair that bad....too easy to move on to the next release....especially these days with overwhelming amounts of drops happening every weekend. If for some reason I do miss the Cncpts....Saucony has 3 drops that I'd cop as constellation cops and be good. By the time the MayPac fight started Saturday night, i would have forgotten all about missing Cncpts. It's just not that serious....ever. I wish more would see it that way.
Honestly i do think that 95% (totally made up, but a vast majority) of people see it that way. Its just the few exceptions that have the time and lack of responsibilities to camp out. 

If you're camping at Cncpts right now, it's safe to say you have no life. As for that wooden box, I prefer a regular asics box. Can't be messing up my shelf flow.

its summertime dude. I dont know school schedules but its likely they are out for the summer. Like I said I could see it being fun if you are a teenager. Hell you cant usually get out of your parents house for that long so maybe it would work as an excuse to kick it with your friends. I personally would never do it. But a lot of people come off as salty that people are willing to camp for sneakers that they (presumably) want. It is what it is. Let them do it. Ultimately anything that keeps the sneaker market place healthy is good for any sneaker enthusiast. 

its summertime dude. I dont know school schedules but its likely they are out for the summer. Like I said I could see it being fun if you are a teenager. Hell you cant usually get out of your parents house for that long so maybe it would work as an excuse to kick it with your friends. I personally would never do it. But a lot of people come off as salty that people are willing to camp for sneakers that they (presumably) want. It is what it is. Let them do it. Ultimately anything that keeps the sneaker market place healthy is good for any sneaker enthusiast. 
I'm in Texas...school is going for around another month, and I assumed the rest of the country was close to the same. As a parent...no way in hell I'd let my kid be out of the house for multiple days for anything material. I don't rea see how exhausting abnormal amounts of time & energy for any product is healthy in any shape or form. From iPhones, to sneakers, tickle me Elmo....all of it is insane imo. But it's only gonna continue and all I can do is make sure that I take no part in it whatsoever.

I'm in Texas...school is going for around another month, and I assumed the rest of the country was close to the same. As a parent...no way in hell I'd let my kid be out of the house for multiple days for anything material. I don't rea see how exhausting abnormal amounts of time & energy for any product is healthy in any shape or form. From iPhones, to sneakers, tickle me Elmo....all of it is insane imo. But it's only gonna continue and all I can do is make sure that I take no part in it whatsoever.
I actually have no retort for this. All valid points. 

What stores another than Concepts will have the CNCPTS x Asics Gel Lyte III 'Boston Tea Party' coming out this Sat.

For those who ordered both the splash city and misfit packs from bait through the online raffle check the site. Mines shipped.

Back
Top Bottom