Asics Love?!? Where is it?

Hi guys,

New on NT but made an account to say that cncpts has screwed me over.

Received my pair of Asics 8 ball and it had the blue marks on one shoe AND signs of someone trying to rub out the blue mark on the other shoe (suede was smoothed out)

Really disappointed.. Anyone have good experiences with getting a full refund from them?

I'm overseas (AU) too.

Thanks in advance

Email them. I doubt most people return anything to them let alone a limited release. It seems like this blue stain thing is a common issue. Sucks to hear that.

Hi guys,

Received my pair of Asics 8 ball and it had the blue marks on one shoe AND signs of someone trying to rub out the blue mark on the other shoe (suede was smoothed out)

Really disappointed.. Anyone have good experiences with getting a full refund from them?

I'm overseas (AU) too.

Thanks in advance

Email them. I doubt most people return anything to them let alone a limited release. It seems like this blue stain thing is a common issue. Sucks to hear that.
I am a heavy supporter of Concepts but I almost spit out the coffee I wasn't even drinking reading this. Cannot believe they would tell someone to try and remove it themselves because of horrible quality control by them. 

Last edited:

Hi guys,

I'm overseas (AU) too.

Thanks in advance

I am a heavy supporter of Concepts but I almost spit out the coffee I wasn't even drinking reading this. Cannot believe they would tell someone to try and remove it themselves because of horrible quality control by them.
I honestly don't see what's wrong with their reply? They offered a return replacement, refund, and a way to clean if their supply was exhausted. They weren't rude or anything either. While not ideal, if there's nothing to replace it with and you don't want a refund, there aren't too many options. Probably should have given the guy a coupon code, head of the priviledges on the next release, or something for the headache, but honestly, what else are they supposed to do? Just curious. That's not to say I wouldn't be upset I got a crappy pair either, but ...

For real all it takes is one finger and some elbow greese to remove glue from suede. If it's next to the midsole it could be hard but still do able.

The groves in your fingerprint are good enough to remove glue. I laugh sometimes when people complain but sometimes the glue job is super F'd up

I honestly don't see what's wrong with their reply? They offered a return replacement, refund, and a way to clean if their supply was exhausted. They weren't rude or anything either. While not ideal, if there's nothing to replace it with and you don't want a refund, there aren't too many options. Probably should have given the guy a coupon code, head of the priviledges on the next release, or something for the headache, but honestly, what else are they supposed to do? Just curious. That's not to say I wouldn't be upset I got a crappy pair either, but ...

I agree with pretty much everything you said. It would just suck for people who have to pay return shipping... especially if it's overseas and if they had to pay customs on it. I didn't have issues with my pair but I can see how this is a problem for some customers.

For real all it takes is one finger and some elbow greese to remove glue from suede. If it's next to the midsole it could be hard but still do able.

The groves in your fingerprint are good enough to remove glue. I laugh sometimes when people complain but sometimes the glue job is super F'd up

They aren't referring to a glue stain. The issue is a blue stain/mark that's on the suede for the heel portion.

I wasn't saying they were rude. If I waited two-weeks for a pair of shoes and it arrived with a blue stain on the back I would be pissed. I am just curious why they would restock a shoe if they had so many problems with the release in terms of customers getting their pairs and quality control. Reminds me of times Nike has sent people one shoe or "lost" a shoe and then all they can offer is a refund...then they restock it a month later.

Last edited:

I wasn't saying they were rude. If I waited two-weeks for a pair of shoes and it arrived with a blue stain on the back I would be pissed. I am just curious why they would restock a shoe if they had so many problems with the release in terms of customers getting their pairs and quality control. Reminds me of times Nike has sent people one shoe or "lost" a shoe and then all they can offer is a refund...then they restock it a month later.

Fair enough and valid point:

They aren't referring to a glue stain. The issue is a blue stain/mark that's on the suede for the heel portion.
Well dang that's no bueno. I'd get a full refund but I wasn't even feeling for 170  first off.

My thoughts on this concept issue is not with the customer server but the quality control. Some one has to be QCing the inventory and based on the number and amounts of shoes with this blue stain they did not do their job. They probably saw the stains and thought "whoa alot of these are stained we cant just throw them out so we should ship them then offer cleaning methods and refunds for those that want to deal with it". Thats what have an issue with. Either there was zero QC or they sent em out anyways, and both options are just bad business. 

Id love to know what your talking about here. Ive tried my fingers, suede erasers, and other products and I have failed to remove most glue stains on nubuck or suede. 

My thoughts on this concept issue is not with the customer server but the quality control. Some one has to be QCing the inventory and based on the number and amounts of shoes with this blue stain they did not do their job. They probably saw the stains and thought "whoa alot of these are stained we cant just throw them out so we should ship them then offer cleaning methods and refunds for those that want to deal with it". Thats what have an issue with. Either there was zero QC or they sent em out anyways, and both options are just bad business. 
I see your point but honestly, no store is going to review thousands of pairs of sneakers (not to mention all other shoes they carry). I mean, that's what Asics is supposed to, it's their manufactured product.  That's like saying all car dealers need to test drive every single car that comes into the lot and double check the radio/a.c. works, etc.  It's a little bit unreasonable.  Cncpts is doing what they can by offering a refund or ways to clean it, or possibly an exchange if possible.  If the shoes werent sold out, they would easily exchange and send them back to Asics for a refund. It's just that people don't want to send them back knowing they wont have it replaced because of limited availability.  If this were a GR still on shelves, we'd be praising Cncpts for accepting refunds and exchanging them for a new pair. 

Last edited:

I see your point but honestly, no store is going to review thousands of pairs of sneakers (not to mention all other shoes they carry). I mean, that's what Asics is supposed to, it's their manufactured product.  That's like saying all car dealers need to test drive every single car that comes into the lot and double check the radio/a.c. works, etc.  It's a little bit unreasonable.  Cncpts is doing what they can by offering a refund or ways to clean it, or possibly an exchange if possible.  If the shoes werent sold out, they would easily exchange and send them back to Asics for a refund. It's just that people don't want to send them back knowing they wont have it replaced because of limited availability.  If this were a GR still on shelves, we'd be praising Cncpts for accepting refunds and exchanging them for a new pair. 
True. Maybe I should look at asics not concepts. Somewhere along the line tho someone is looking at every pair... even if its towards the end of the manufacturing process. 

anyone gonna buy these ones? i guess no hype:

After a long awaited 3 weeks of waiting, My 8balls are on the truck for delivery and I hope this issue isnt the case for my pair. But if so, I would probably have to sell or just get the refund with hopefully a shot at another future release with CNCPTS.

I have to agree with you guys up there, For you to have sell a shoe and have some of the customer base wait over the expected time frame of your terms is ridiculous..And the following week your release New balances and you haven't even dealt with shipping out the first batch from the previous week. I understand the weather was an issue but how did another member receive his pair damn near a week/half before me and we live in the same state? (Cali) :smh: how does that happen? And the obvious, we all ordered the same day. Not mad but IJS

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom