Asics Love?!? Where is it?

Man those look nice. I know thats a picture but how do you paint/dye the sockliner material? @joelom  @flores0206
it might not work with the green being so dark. but you mix leather paint with this stuff called GAC XXXX (i forget the number) which allows you to change the color of softer materials.you mix it with the color and apply it. then you hit it with heat to soften it up and make it bind to the fibers. the sock liner is a ***** to color though. it absorbs everything. this was going to a super green GLV. been working on it for over a year just don't feel like finishing it haha. but this is 13 coats of the grey over the purple. its not bad, but would be better after i put a heat gun/ blow dryer to it. 

it might not work with the green being so dark. but you mix leather paint with this stuff called GAC XXXX (i forget the number) which allows you to change the color of softer materials.you mix it with the color and apply it. then you hit it with heat to soften it up and make it bind to the fibers. the sock liner is a ***** to color though. it absorbs everything. this was going to a super green GLV. been working on it for over a year just don't feel like finishing it haha. but this is 13 coats of the grey over the purple. its not bad, but would be better after i put a heat gun/ blow dryer to it. 
Wow thats a ton of work haha. Ive tried using dye and it works well however it rubs off and fades slightly over time. Thanks for the response. You da man.

Wow thats a ton of work haha. Ive tried using dye and it works well however it rubs off and fades slightly over time. Thanks for the response. You da man.
the dye works. i used a black dye on my black tan IIIs and make them all black. but black is easy, and if its not a light grey or white, its just a lot harder.  

8 balls are looking clean, sadly still waiting on my pair to come in 
mean.gif

Man... sick collection. Packing a lot of heat there. Respect. screw GR when you have a collection like that no need for gr's.  Keep up the good work. thats a solid *** collection 

Last edited:

^^^A lot of GR heat to say that bold statement lol
arlght it was probably a bold statement lol but. let me ask you this if you had pair of GLiii Denims, Miami, or flamingo's in your collection what GR pair would yoou consider doign a trade for your denim's, miami or flamingo's?

What base is this?

arlght it was probably a bold statement lol but. let me ask you this if you had pair of GLiii Denims, Miami, or flamingo's in your collection what GR pair would yoou consider doign a trade for your denim's, miami or flamingo's?
Flamingo's did not come in a sz 13, which is what I wear, so if I had some I would be able to trade for at least 7-8 pairs of GRs if not more. 
nthat.gif
 I win.

But seriously I feel you, just saying.

Edit: NM im thinking of Volcanos :frown: I lose

Last edited:
These would be sick. Thanks man, repped.

Man those look nice. I know thats a picture but how do you paint/dye the sockliner material? @joelom  @flores0206
To be honest, I havent even tried that. I've only done basic midsole repaints and leather...I am assuming it would be tough to paint blue just because that green is so dark, it would just turn black or dark purple. What if it was bleached prior to painting? Bringing it to almost white or cream, would that help when using another shade, in this case blue?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom