Asian Culture Discussion Thread

That'a why police officers have messed up mental health in low income areas.

This happens to you in a high cadence, next thing you know, you're letting off steam on the next guy you pull over. Bang bang....

Describing Murder as “letting off steam” can only be viewed as justification.

As a police officer you don’t let off steam with a gun. Wtf is that??

People can’t have it both ways- you can’t be upset when the Atlanta shooter’s actions are excused by the police as having a bad day and then turn around and say murdering unarmed civilians is nothing more than “letting off steam”.

Fireworks went off yesterday. I know I threw in my own cannon fodder. But I think its always helpful to go back and reflect. We missed so many important conversations after people started attacking one another.

We should def talk about the idea that white supremacy influenced asians. It is very true. A few of my pinoy NTers even mentioned how some filipinos be using whitening creams. Like on some OD use that would put Sammy Sosa to shame.

The idea of white supremacy isnt just a harsh image of adolf hitler or a KKK hood. it is much more complex and I think that's where the honest conversation should go.

I think implicit bias get folks defensive when the suggestion of their culture gets tied to white supremacy. That's emotional reactivity.

White supremacy influences culture =/= you are a white supremacist
lol, you see, the reason why some of the people don't dig when I enter the convo, is because I point the finger of blame where it belongs. White people are indeed the problem, because of the system that supports them. Some are not even aware of said system, and that is where the problem lies. There are many nt'ers that take exception to that notion, because they have white friends, those that they feel are cool people. I am not suggesting that all white people should up and die, I am stating that the system that supports them should be obliterated.

Once that happens, let's see if white supremacy, is truly supreme.

This is the first time we have ever talked.
So let’s not get started on wrong footing misunderstanding.
Nowhere do I blindly support police brutality, misconduct and killings.
You bet wrong. When you post an Asian attacking a Black cop with hate speech and worse, will absolutely condemn.
Don’t presume to know where I stand and have experienced.
Peace.
My issue is posting such without context. Why was that brother so angry? Was it because he was pissed at asians, or was he pissed at the police? He wanted to hurt that officers feelings for being on the wrong team, because I know for a fact that there were many Asians out there protesting on the side of Black men and women as well. Unfortunately during war, anger can make people say all kinds of inappropriate things.

lol, you see, the reason why some of the people don't dig when I enter the convo, is because I point the finger of blame where it belongs. White people are indeed the problem, because of the system that supports them. Some are not even aware of said system, and that is where the problem lies. There are many nt'ers that take exception to that notion, because they have white friends, those that they feel are cool people. I am not suggesting that all white people should up and die, I am stating that the system that supports them should be obliterated.

Once that happens, let's see if white supremacy, is truly supreme.
I aint got no problem with you doing that at all.

I think there are also NTers who do see you as a voice and part of them hopes that you would also condemn the black people who have attacked asians during this time.

I dig where youre coming from bc the larger conversation is not about systems.

I know you condemn the black, white, whatever individuals who assaulted this people.

But the largest system that is the root of these attacks is that of white supremacy. NOT white individuals (I see you Jrepp). White Supremacy.

I aint got no problem with you doing that at all.

I think there are also NTers who do see you as a voice and part of them hopes that you would also condemn the black people who have attacked asians during this time.

I dig where youre coming from bc the larger conversation is not about systems.

I know you condemn the black, white, whatever individuals who assaulted this people.

But the largest system that is the root of these attacks is that of white supremacy. NOT white individuals (I see you Jrepp). White Supremacy.
I condemn the system and those who benefit from the system. I do not blame Black people when we fight among each other, or in a situation such as when that sister was brutally attacked by Black men in front of that liquor store in Harlem. I blame the system for creating the environment where Black women are not respected. How I'd handle those Black men privately, is another discussion.

Reactions: JPS
My issue is posting such without context. Why was that brother so angry? Was it because he was pissed at asians, or was he pissed at the police? He wanted to hurt that officers feelings for being on the wrong team, because I know for a fact that there were many Asians out there protesting on the side of Black men and women as well. Unfortunately during war, anger can make people say all kinds of inappropriate things.

I appreciate your response.
My reaction to an Asian spewing hate speech and worse to Black cop would have been straight condemnation.
No need to get into his head.
And sure as heck not saying oh well, what did he expect and comes with the job.
That’s Wrong.

I appreciate your response.
My reaction to an Asian spewing hate speech and worse to Black cop would have been straight condemnation.
No need to get into his head.
And sure as heck not saying oh well, what did he expect and comes with the job.
That’s Wrong.
If there were Black cops in a country in Africa, one that had a history of enslaving asians, creating laws against asians for them to live, raping and pillaging their communities, doing everything they could to wipe them out?

You'd have every right to call that Black cop every name in the book, including those about his mother.

I condemn the system and those who benefit from the system. I do not blame Black people when we fight among each other, or in a situation such as when that sister was brutally attacked by Black men in front of that liquor store in Harlem. I blame the system for creating the environment where Black women are not respected. How I'd handle those Black men privately, is another discussion.
We should Def start a Systemic Racism thread. I think that creates a central pillar

I also offer the folks who enter that thread to also explore individual, interpersonal, and systemic levels of racism.

We should Def start a Systemic Racism thread. I think that creates a central pillar

I also offer the folks who enter that thread to also explore individual, interpersonal, and systemic levels of racism.
That would be cool. Someone other than myself should start it though. If I posted something like that, it will be ignored.

That's because I make EVERYTHING about race.

Reactions: JPS
That would be cool. Someone other than myself should start it though. If I posted something like that, it will be ignored.

That's because I make EVERYTHING about race.
LOL. Ima create it later. I want a thoughtful first post.

Maybe someone w a better rep should start it. Im not exactly viewed as a model NT citizen round these parts lol

If there were Black cops in a country in Africa, one that had a history of enslaving asians, creating laws against asians for them to live, raping and pillaging their communities, doing everything they could to wipe them out?

You'd have every right to call that Black cop every name in the book, including those about his mother.

Extra judiciary killings do happen in Africa too.
Just as in Communist China. And the United States.

Extra judiciary killings do happen in Africa too.
Just as in Communist China. And the United States.

The politics in that part of the world have become tense,

How the Chinese are treating Africans on their own continent, is a source of controversy, especially in regard to the silk road situation.

Last edited:
The politics in that part of the world have become tense,

How the Chinese are treating Africans on their own continent, is a source of controversy, especially in regard to the silk road situation.

For sure. And when news was brought up about that restaurant situation here in Asian Thread, many condemned and denounced the Hate. Posts all there.

We also took offense to the CCP and Police actions during Virus. Just so you don’t think all Chinese were Racist Idiots. Traditional corporate media have agendas.

For sure. And when news was brought up about that restaurant situation here in Asian Thread, many condemned and denounced the Hate. Posts all there.

We also took offense to the CCP and Police actions during Virus. Just so you don’t think all Chinese were Racist Idiots. Traditional corporate media have agendas.

The issue that I have is one from a historical perspective. I think we all know about the Japanese, and what side they were on during WWII. We know that they felt that they were even better than the supposed Aryans, suggesting that they were indeed a pure race of people. There was a system in place that supported their beliefs, and that is what controlled their government, until after the war. Douglass MacArthur was sent there to keep them in line, a white man no less, of whom was also pushing christianity upon the Japanese.

There is indeed a pattern here.

America taught the entire world on how to be racists. The, entire world, and this includes the Germans and Asians. They wanted the entire world to be on their side in regard to white supremacy.

White america has indeed made the world messy through the creation of institutional racism.

Followup: again Bless this grandmother.

Grandmother went off. Bless her.
Been anticipating this response.
POS deserves no mercy.
Jackhole DA better get his radical Woke head out his rear.
District Attorney not Defense Attorney.
Lower prosecution doesn’t mean lower crime rates.
Wake the F up.

Edit:
Followup.

Other one:
That POS had violently assaulted another elderly Asian same day.
:angry:

Every time I see elderly Asian people I want to ask if they need help. Went for a walk yesterday and this older Asian lady was walking by herself. Was really thinking what's the right move here.
****ed how our society has come to this point

What would yall do? On one hand I don't want to impose and make them feel weaker than they feel themselves. On the other hand, I'd regret it if something eventually happened.

Been doing this a lot lately when running errands for my parents. Definitely helps that I can speak their native language. A simple hello and ask if they would be ok with me walking with them. Like a reflex they say that it's not necessary. Then I just mention that with everything going on, it's best to not be walking alone. Usually after hearing that, they agree to me walking with them and apologize for being a nuisance. I definitely feel a sense of relief from them though. Sucks that it's come to this but we gotta do what we can to keep them safe.

Usually pretty aware of my surroundings but this got me feeling like a *****in secret service agent..

904B617A-5385-4188-B3D0-38DFD9CE6DB7.jpeg

Vilifying the Black community is not it

I think that it's cute that some of you think that I am in charge of some crew here.

it simply shows how white supremacists and their sympathizers, fear the unification of Black people.

Back
Top Bottom