Asian Culture Discussion Thread

^ Mission Chinese is okay, but expensive for what it is

It's basically a hipster version of traditional Chinese food catered to goofy white folks who think they're "cultured" by eating it

I was watching that show With All Due Respect and they had the Mission Chinese chef and co-owner on. The white host was such a fan boy of the guy hugging him up all the time and kissing him on the scalp. I was like how good is the food if he's acting that way.

Gwai lo's/mi jiangs don't know **** and will say anything is delicious.
You're gonna offend the mi jiang here.

laugh.gif

That's why abominations like PF Chang's exist :lol: :x

Last edited:
Chinese people are smart though
They knew if they just "Americanized" their food, they would be reaping in profits :pimp:
Living the American dream right there baby

I've only had panda express once but it was appreciated since it was at the food court in a mall.

pf chang's existence is so dumb to me. Like their food is overpriced and not even half as good as your neighborhood takeout spot. I've only been there once with some friends from class. My friend ordered something and was asking why she couldn't get some pork or shrimp fried rice with it and only regular fried rice. I didn't even order food, I ordered a sake sampler and just drank 4 shots of sake for lunch.

But I also give props to Sirarcha man for not bastardizing his product and still reaping millions :pimp:

Most of my Chinese/Asian coworkers like Panda Express once in a while, but it's obviously not our first choice for good Chinese food. Just something convenient. If we have the time, we usually hit up some authentic hot pot or xiao long bao spots.

PF Chang's food is TERRIBLE. I've been taken there a couple of times, and literally every dish tastes exactly the same. Bland as @#$@ mush. To Americans it's an "upscale" Chinese spot though :rolleyes Everyone with sense knows that the more outdated and/or ugly the decor is, the better the food will be

Last edited:
siracha :x

I'm happy using whatever hot sauce I see in the grocery store instead with a Mexican guy with a mustache on the bottle.

Last edited:
Most of my Chinese/Asian coworkers like Panda Express once in a while, but it's obviously not our first choice for good Chinese food. Just something convenient. If we have the time, we usually hit up some authentic hot pot or xiao long bao spots.

PF Chang's food is TERRIBLE. I've been taken there a couple of times, and literally every dish tastes exactly the same. Bland as @#$@ mush. To Americans it's an "upscale" Chinese spot though :rolleyes Everyone with sense knows that the more outdated and ugly the decor is, the better the food will be
I remember when I was a kid, PF Chang would send coupons in the mail and they would have a deal like "free cream cheese dumplings"
One time I actually got it (well I mean it's free) and i was just like "meh, this isn't really good, but hey it's free"
I would not have paid a cent for those cream cheese dumplings

I went to the Michelin star rated Din Tai Fung in Hong Kong before. It wasn't much different (if at all) than the original Din Tai Fung in Taipei or the ones I've eaten at in Cali. I wonder why that one is rated so highly. It was the cheapest Michelin star rated restaurant I've ever heard of and will probably ever go to though :lol: at least I can tell people that I ate at one. I've eaten at less commercial spots that are MUCH better

Last edited:

There's a really good Taiwanese restaurant I ate at in San Mateo a few months back, but they serve "stinky tofu" there and I HATE how that smell hits you right when you walk in, so I didn't plan on going back. I'll try to see what the name was

I been to the Din Tai Fung in Kowloon too

Been to 2 different Tim Ho Wan

Tsim chai kee in Hk

Kau Kee too

Joy Hing Roasted Meats

Sabah Malaysian Restaurant

I went to some Sardine Rice place in Tokyo that was michelin Star rated

I plan to hit up the michelin star ramen spot as well as the food court BBQ joint in Singapore

Last edited:
Singapore food courts are on point (and affordable)! I like Singaporean food in general since it's a blend of so many different Asian styles (Chinese, Malay, Indian, etc.).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom