Arrogance of having a college degree

It's relevant because you were talking down to dudes making girl problem threads when you make stupid problem/question threads weekly.

Post your girlfriend.

Speaking of fry cooks...I bet she's fat.
nerd.gif
but she has formal training ... 
roll.gif

lol @ saying that any type of earning a living is ok as long as you're getting paid. Nah b, the human psyche doesn't function like that in the long term. Sure, you can brush it off and try to see the benefit, get paid really good, live comfortably, but if the job is ****** how long do you think it's gonna take before you become a grouch? Long term exposure to something, specially something you don't enjoy doing, will turn your psyche up side down at some point. On some existential tip, you'll probably start asking youself if the life you live is worth living when you work at a ****** place.

It's relevant because you were talking down to dudes making girl problem threads when you make stupid problem/question threads weekly.

Post your girlfriend.

Speaking of fry cooks...I bet she's fat. :nerd:

Lol look at you clown talking about post my girl. Son your life revolves around the net? Get a life. Fact is your never gonna see my girl so what does it matter?

lol @ saying that any type of earning a living is ok as long as you're getting paid. Nah b, the human psyche doesn't function like that in the long term. Sure, you can brush it off and try to see the benefit, get paid really good, live comfortably, but if the job is ****** how long do you think it's gonna take before you become a grouch? Long term exposure to something, specially something you don't enjoy doing, will turn your psyche up side down at some point. On some existential tip, you'll probably start asking youself if the life you live is worth living when you work at a ****** place.
I would never turn into a grouch because I know what I'm there for. There are few people out there who enjoy their jobs, a job is an avenue to make money, that is the only point of it.

Lol look at you clown talking about post my girl. Son your life revolves around the net? Get a life. Fact is your never gonna see my girl so what does it matter?

It's "you're" not "your". I'm sure your well educated girlfriend would leave you if she found out you made such grammatical errors. :smh:

Last edited:
Yea, I read that completely wrong.

Need to take my *** to college, :lol:.

If I despise a job, that means there is stress involved. One thing I learned is that being stressed to make a little more money isnt worth it

Stress triggers the release cortisol. A steroid hormone that suppresses testosterone production. I'm good. Stress free is the way to be.
being stress free is da fountain of youth, look at Nas...turned 40 and he don't look at day over 21.

It's because he's black

I've earned this degree. I've been through so much getting this BS degree of criminal justice. I even had people who didn't believe I could get this degree. You darn right I'm going to tell people that I am college educated, but I for one will say that it doesn't make me better then the next person. I will remain humble as much as possible. Its very bittersweet with this crappy economy we live in, but I'm very proud to get it. I just got this in May by the way..
View media item 579769

My guy over here got that certified African name...:pimp:

Of course. I was just saying that if you get a degree in whatever field you're trying to go in, and don't get a job in that field, it's meaningless. Especially in fields that have a low success rate. It really bothers me when people get degrees in some fields that aren't really hiring like that, and end up seeing them all upset afterwards.

Meaningless? Far from it. I graduated with a BS in Marketing, but have a job in IT.I'm pretty sure that my Marketing degree along with my IT experience will help me tremendously in tandem.

Last edited:
So you're upset because people say they're college educated?

i'm upset because people put extras on it... they make it seem like its a make or break thing for someone's personality or them as a human being.

hell, lucky luchiano said he wouldnt date a girl that had a college degree.

that lets you know that there are people out here that look down on others for not doing it.

its a hell of a commitment... but it shouldnt define you as a person.

i'm upset because people put extras on it... they make it seem like its a make or break thing for someone's personality or them as a human being.

that lets you know that there are people out here that look down on others for not doing it.

what's the difference between saying you won't date someone who doesn't have a degree? crib? car? job? real hair? a certain weight? a good family background?

it's a preference, we all have them

what's the difference between saying you won't date someone who doesn't have a degree? crib? car? job? real hair? a certain weight? a good family background?

I see your point, but not dating someone because they don't have a degree is different than not dating someone because they don't have a car, etc.

I see your point, but not dating someone because they don't have a degree is different than not dating someone because they don't have a car, etc.

I don't see how because they are all things that people may think they are better than someone for having, but we could just agree to disagree.

when ppl friend me on facebook i make them fax me a copy of their diploma, if not they gun b rejected asap

I only respect B.E.'s and B.S.'s in a science.

lol i guess cuz i have an engineering degree, im sort of biased in this way as well. certain fields tho demand respect even if it doesn't require a crazy scientific degree. like teaching. doesn't require a highly sci degree. but imo, its about as respectable as a medical doctor. if children are our future then society is dependent on teachers as much as we are dependent on doctors. and they deal with so much, and spend hours grading so much, etc, and sometimes don't get paid great. invaluable professionals.

im digressing a bit, but as per OP, i understand where he's coming from.

a college degree doesn't make you a better human being than someone else. period. you could be a farmer, nun, community activist, foster parent for all i care...if you can significantly impact people's lives, then you are as valuable, if not more, to society than a simple college graduate.

but as a black man, getting a college education was important to me because it is a key tool to commanding respect in a society that sees you as second class citizen. there is no denying this, or arguing this. that is the world we live in, period.

Not only a college education, but a education that pays back (return on investment) but also allows me to pay it forward (contribute/be of value to society).

college educated arrogance is not appreciated, but the "you don't need a college education" mentality that some people have is far more disgusting and needs to disappear.

I can admit that I never thought stress was that serious. Just something that you man up and get over.

yeah thats the general consensus, then you see these guys with pregnant gucci belly, bald head and old skin and you realize that they bought in to that " man up, it's just stress" mentality.

I can admit that I never thought stress was that serious. Just something that you man up and get over.
yeah thats the general consensus, then you see these guys with pregnant gucci belly, bald head and old skin and you realize that they bought in to that " man up, it's just stress" mentality.
We might really need that stress thread Audi, I had no idea things like this were connected to stress. Like 90% of my stress is connected to not having what I consider to be enough money though, which is why I truthfully believe that I could do a job that I hated for the money.

Back
Top Bottom