Are you happy?

No. I said that.
And then I clarfied by saying this.

In my opinion..., and from my experience ...alot( a word meaning mostly, but not all) of athiests/agnostics that I know... and others that I meet...
seem to be unhappy. While... again, in my experience... alot of believers that I know... and have met... seem to FEEL HAPPY..., and FEEL BLESSED.
I'm not saying that those people ARE blessed. But they feel happy, and they feel blessed.

I am even not saying that religion made them happy. If you read my other post you would see that I said that IMO there are

"very few reasons, that anyone should ever be unhappy." I didnt say "anyone who is a believer in God."

And in the next paragraph I even go on to say

Never did I say all athiests/agnostics are unhappy. I'm just making an observation.

And then you took what I said to the FARTHEST extreme that you could take it.

Your comments insinuate that no religious person has never been sad ever which is extremely illogical considering sadness is a part of the human condition and most humans are religious
which in fact, I was not insinuating. How does me saying, that the people that I myself know, that are sad, translate into ALL ATHIEST ARE SAD, AND ALL THE RELIGIOUS ARE HAPPY?

It doesnt.

And then you say this.

By saying agnostics and atheist are always sad, you're insinuating that religious people are always happy.....

When did I say that? I didnt. Those were your words. Which automatically made your point invalid. But you tried to flip it around like I said it.

Another example is when I said

Anytime you are sad there come a time when you say to yourself I am not going to be sad about this anymore.
Its time to get over it" Is that not a choice.?

And your bonehead response to that was.
Anytime someone uses the phrase "get over it", it usually signifies a lack of perspective and understanding.

So you're saying a person lacks perspective and understanding of themselves? See thats what Im saying. You dont even take the time to understand what people are saying
before you start adding your 2 cents. You were just arguing to win the argument. failing miserably. Your lame game of semantics is over.

But I'll leave you alone now. Since you insist on being a sad little boy, you go do that.
wink.gif

No. I said that.
And then I clarfied by saying this.

In my opinion..., and from my experience ...alot( a word meaning mostly, but not all) of athiests/agnostics that I know... and others that I meet...
seem to be unhappy. While... again, in my experience... alot of believers that I know... and have met... seem to FEEL HAPPY..., and FEEL BLESSED.
I'm not saying that those people ARE blessed. But they feel happy, and they feel blessed.

I am even not saying that religion made them happy. If you read my other post you would see that I said that IMO there are

"very few reasons, that anyone should ever be unhappy." I didnt say "anyone who is a believer in God."

And in the next paragraph I even go on to say

Never did I say all athiests/agnostics are unhappy. I'm just making an observation.

And then you took what I said to the FARTHEST extreme that you could take it.

Your comments insinuate that no religious person has never been sad ever which is extremely illogical considering sadness is a part of the human condition and most humans are religious
which in fact, I was not insinuating. How does me saying, that the people that I myself know, that are sad, translate into ALL ATHIEST ARE SAD, AND ALL THE RELIGIOUS ARE HAPPY?

It doesnt.

And then you say this.

By saying agnostics and atheist are always sad, you're insinuating that religious people are always happy.....

When did I say that? I didnt. Those were your words. Which automatically made your point invalid. But you tried to flip it around like I said it.

Another example is when I said

Anytime you are sad there come a time when you say to yourself I am not going to be sad about this anymore.
Its time to get over it" Is that not a choice.?

And your bonehead response to that was.
Anytime someone uses the phrase "get over it", it usually signifies a lack of perspective and understanding.

So you're saying a person lacks perspective and understanding of themselves? See thats what Im saying. You dont even take the time to understand what people are saying
before you start adding your 2 cents. You were just arguing to win the argument. failing miserably. Your lame game of semantics is over.

But I'll leave you alone now. Since you insist on being a sad little boy, you go do that.
wink.gif

Originally Posted by JaysRcrak

Originally Posted by DUnkFan84

I am happy but not happy with the way my life has turned out, now im in it puttin madd work in. all i got is me myself and I motivation is the key, i gotta keep going cant stop, school is my hustle, im broke , but that will change once i finish with school within 3-4 years,..i am committed ya!!! im striving i know i can do it!! i have too its a mustt...

"with success comes failure first"

pimp.gif

That's whats up. Stick with it.
I just started back school this semester. I wish I had stayed focused and went straight through school. Instead I partied and skipped semesters.
And now that I'm back I realize how easy school is in the first place. Im like wow, why didnt I do this the first time? But hindsight is 20/20, so *shrugs*

Anyway, to answer the question: YES. Almost always
There may be times in our lives where we feel compelled to be sad about things that happen. ie: death in the family, a break up, etc, etc.

But other than those times, I find very few reasons, as to why anyone should ever be unhappy.
Unhappiness ends the second that you decide it does.
JUST KEEP your self motivated, IM 26yo and I came to a point where i realize i need to do something with my life, Might as well invest 3-4 years and get that degree , then when im in my 30s i should be living good with a great job. i vision it. you gotta vison it, so you know that it will happen.

Originally Posted by JaysRcrak

Originally Posted by DUnkFan84

I am happy but not happy with the way my life has turned out, now im in it puttin madd work in. all i got is me myself and I motivation is the key, i gotta keep going cant stop, school is my hustle, im broke , but that will change once i finish with school within 3-4 years,..i am committed ya!!! im striving i know i can do it!! i have too its a mustt...

"with success comes failure first"

pimp.gif

That's whats up. Stick with it.
I just started back school this semester. I wish I had stayed focused and went straight through school. Instead I partied and skipped semesters.
And now that I'm back I realize how easy school is in the first place. Im like wow, why didnt I do this the first time? But hindsight is 20/20, so *shrugs*

Anyway, to answer the question: YES. Almost always
There may be times in our lives where we feel compelled to be sad about things that happen. ie: death in the family, a break up, etc, etc.

But other than those times, I find very few reasons, as to why anyone should ever be unhappy.
Unhappiness ends the second that you decide it does.
JUST KEEP your self motivated, IM 26yo and I came to a point where i realize i need to do something with my life, Might as well invest 3-4 years and get that degree , then when im in my 30s i should be living good with a great job. i vision it. you gotta vison it, so you know that it will happen.

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

interesting how alot of the atheist/agnostics are not happy with life, while alot of the believers feel happy and blessed.

wink.gif

I PUT THESE WORDS IN UR MOUTH
smile.gif

LOL you really don't know how someone could read this and come to that conclusion, I knew NT had some dodos but damn.....

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

interesting how alot of the atheist/agnostics are not happy with life, while alot of the believers feel happy and blessed.

wink.gif

I PUT THESE WORDS IN UR MOUTH
smile.gif

LOL you really don't know how someone could read this and come to that conclusion, I knew NT had some dodos but damn.....

"happiness" is a state of mind defined by surroundings and the consensus definition of despair.

according to hitler's speeches he and nazi germany were "happy"

...i think the word OP is looking for is "content" or "satisfied"

"happiness" is a state of mind defined by surroundings and the consensus definition of despair.

according to hitler's speeches he and nazi germany were "happy"

...i think the word OP is looking for is "content" or "satisfied"

I'm in the middle. Things could be a lot worse, but at the same time I feel like things should be better.

I'm in the middle. Things could be a lot worse, but at the same time I feel like things should be better.

I'm happy with my situation of friends, family, environment, etc but I'm not content with where I'm at mentally, physically, or financially.  I'll be finishing my undergrad next week and I can finally start hitting the gym and hustling without the stresses and bs of coursework.  Sometimes I really wish I would have just studied math/business because all of this extra information I've received has really turned my world upside down and I have to say ignorance to some extent is a wonderful thing.  I swear the naive ones are always the happiest.

I'm happy with my situation of friends, family, environment, etc but I'm not content with where I'm at mentally, physically, or financially.  I'll be finishing my undergrad next week and I can finally start hitting the gym and hustling without the stresses and bs of coursework.  Sometimes I really wish I would have just studied math/business because all of this extra information I've received has really turned my world upside down and I have to say ignorance to some extent is a wonderful thing.  I swear the naive ones are always the happiest.

Back
Top Bottom