Are there any ball players out there who are good enough to play in the NBA, but aren't? vol. no TGB

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

There is always a reason why guys aren't in the league. Sometimes it's not just about basketball skills, it's a mindset, like Rashad Mccants. All the talent in the world, but their head isn't on straight.

Word to A.I. now....I know so many ballers that definitely have the talent to run in the league. However, they lack mindset, work ethic, fundamentals, and straight up selfishness.
People dont understand that aside from superstar players like Lebron who pretty much had the red carpet treatment to get into this League, its much more than just talent. You have guys out there who arent that talented, but work hard day in and day out to be where they are at.

Originally Posted by amel223

This is like. The fifth time I seen your sig and got that damn song stuck in my head.
30t6p3b.gif

Spoiler [+]

Of course there is.

It's all about circumstance and oppurtunity.

You'd have to be extremely naive to believe that the 450 players in the NBA are the absolutely best basketball players on Earth.

So many factors and variables involved when it comes to making it to a professional level of anything. Talent is the main component...but not the only.

Of course there is.

It's all about circumstance and oppurtunity.

You'd have to be extremely naive to believe that the 450 players in the NBA are the absolutely best basketball players on Earth.

So many factors and variables involved when it comes to making it to a professional level of anything. Talent is the main component...but not the only.

I won't deny that there are plenty of talented players who don't make the nba but the reason they don't make it is not cuz they didn't get lucky enough. 

It's either

1- They *+*%%# it up

or

2- They can't play a true position in the nba

I won't deny that there are plenty of talented players who don't make the nba but the reason they don't make it is not cuz they didn't get lucky enough. 

It's either

1- They *+*%%# it up

or

2- They can't play a true position in the nba

Its really a big risk to take if you are borderline good enough. Like if you make it and then have to fight day in and day out for a minimum salary roster spot, if things fall through you aren't left with a whole lot of options.

Plus the dedication of being a pro-athlete is extremely time consuming, a lot of people could work to get at that level but realistically don't have the time or dedication to do it.

everyone has to put their organized basketball days behind them sooner or later, and honestly I for one have found pickup games so much more fun and less stressful that I love playing more now than when I played in hs and college. I miss the crowds and attention of playing on a team, but back then all I thought about was bball, now I have a much more balanced life.

Its really a big risk to take if you are borderline good enough. Like if you make it and then have to fight day in and day out for a minimum salary roster spot, if things fall through you aren't left with a whole lot of options.

Plus the dedication of being a pro-athlete is extremely time consuming, a lot of people could work to get at that level but realistically don't have the time or dedication to do it.

everyone has to put their organized basketball days behind them sooner or later, and honestly I for one have found pickup games so much more fun and less stressful that I love playing more now than when I played in hs and college. I miss the crowds and attention of playing on a team, but back then all I thought about was bball, now I have a much more balanced life.

Please... Ronnie is big and burly... ||... can rebound, play D, and plays with heart. Sasha is a decent defender, is 6'6, an excellent shooter, and most importanty he has solid conditioning and IQl. I mean damn... sounds NBAish to me..

Please... Ronnie is big and burly... ||... can rebound, play D, and plays with heart. Sasha is a decent defender, is 6'6, an excellent shooter, and most importanty he has solid conditioning and IQl. I mean damn... sounds NBAish to me..

Most of the league is replaceable , if theyre the only dudes qualified even the 12th man would be hard to find.
There are plenty of dudes that can make an NBA roster, now if youre talking about having productive careers thats a different story.

Most of the league is replaceable , if theyre the only dudes qualified even the 12th man would be hard to find.
There are plenty of dudes that can make an NBA roster, now if youre talking about having productive careers thats a different story.

Theres alot of reasons why guys arent in the NBA.  Let me start the list.

1. Timing/Exposure-  The earlier you can get in the pipeline the better, getting on the rader is part of that.  Being a top player in HS, being ranked, going to college, being good in college, having options after your eligibility is up.  Overseas, D-league, maybe even drafted. If you are a lanky 6'7 freshman in HS you gonna be on the map early even if you aren't that good yet.  You gonna have coaches that will work with you. 

2. Hardwork-  Alot of guys are blessed with athletic ability and size but many of them don't work hard.  These guys can go thru college and still never be pushed because they got it that easy.  But on the next level its about talent and hardwork.  This means working on your body, your skillset, and just being a pro.

3. Skillset-  Theres alot of talented guys but they are tweeners.  If your 6'3 and below you better be able to play the point.  If your 6'5 you can't play the post sorry.

4.  Luck/Connections-  The basketball world is pretty small.  If you can know a guy who knows a guy then your good.  Basketball is a fraternity and theres a lot of favors that happen.

So basically to make it to the league you better find exposure early in your career, work hard on your body, learn a position that is relevant to your height, and pray! 

Theres alot of reasons why guys arent in the NBA.  Let me start the list.

1. Timing/Exposure-  The earlier you can get in the pipeline the better, getting on the rader is part of that.  Being a top player in HS, being ranked, going to college, being good in college, having options after your eligibility is up.  Overseas, D-league, maybe even drafted. If you are a lanky 6'7 freshman in HS you gonna be on the map early even if you aren't that good yet.  You gonna have coaches that will work with you. 

2. Hardwork-  Alot of guys are blessed with athletic ability and size but many of them don't work hard.  These guys can go thru college and still never be pushed because they got it that easy.  But on the next level its about talent and hardwork.  This means working on your body, your skillset, and just being a pro.

3. Skillset-  Theres alot of talented guys but they are tweeners.  If your 6'3 and below you better be able to play the point.  If your 6'5 you can't play the post sorry.

4.  Luck/Connections-  The basketball world is pretty small.  If you can know a guy who knows a guy then your good.  Basketball is a fraternity and theres a lot of favors that happen.

So basically to make it to the league you better find exposure early in your career, work hard on your body, learn a position that is relevant to your height, and pray! 

Back
Top Bottom