ARE SOUTHERNERS SERIOUS? VOL SNOW

antonlavey

Banned
Everyone here is acting like there's an inevitable rapture approaching over snow FLURRIES. I was watching the weather channel and I kid you not, my mansaid there's a weather emergency stay in. I drove outside and there was literally nothing on the ground.....they shut down schools for no reason.

The school I went to in Boston didn't shut down until we got at least 12 inches of snow....I've had to go to class in a blizzard.

"You ain't been where we done been, or seen what we done seen"

Anyway you rep team angoon it's more serious up there
ohwell.gif

You gotta give the south some relief though. I bet most of them don't even own shovels or window scrapers.

I remember my high school wouldn't let us have a snow day/school closed day until there was a projected temp of under -30 degree farenheit and that'sw/o even factoring in wind.

This is Minnesota by the way.

My mother always goes nuts at the thought of snow, like shelter in place type of stuff.

I lived in Colorado for a while, so this all seems crazy how everyone is panicking
but it has more to do with the roads being icy and people not used to driving in it.

If the roads freeze tomm I am not driving with these fools. They can barely drive in the rain and I am not taking my chances.

Most people in the south don't know how to handle ice on the roads or possible snow. Not to mention this weather usually never gets like it down here.Can't really blame them. Meanwhile we can handle 100 degree summers and hurricanes without blinking.

the roads are frozen. and it snowed pretty bad here, didn't really stick though but it was still cool.
played in snow for the first time in a long time....it's a shame they let the schools out though because it really wasn't horrible

i stay in south carolina..but im originally form new jersey and i can tell you people down here freak out over snow
laugh.gif

doesn't matter how much it is..everybody is talking about it..then when it snows..everything is shut down and people end up wrecking their cars b/cthey're trying to go 40 with snow on the road in their suzuki

and its funny...everytime the weather man is talking about its supposed to snow..everybody gets all hyped up..next day..its sunny our side with nosnow
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by al3x89

lol closing a school because of snow flurries ... smh
SON It isn't only the fact that they closed school, you shouldve watched the news down here. They straight up told people not to gooutside.
indifferent.gif

They were like you see this white part of the map over Peachtree street........don't even bother. I drove by and the roads were clear.
indifferent.gif

It's smart, because people need to stay off the roads. A lot of accidents in Vancouver last year because people didn't know how to drive in thoseconditions.

A ton of people on the east coast are terrible when it comes to driving in the snow. What makes you think southerners will be any better prepared?

Better safe than sorry.

Originally Posted by jDOTgDOT

It's smart, because people need to stay off the roads. A lot of accidents in Vancouver last year because people didn't know how to drive in those conditions.

I'm sure Vancouver had enough snow where this was necessary, but we're talking flurries that are barely sticking.

Originally Posted by CROSSISOM

You gotta give the south some relief though. I bet most of them don't even own shovels or window scrapers.
the hell are these tools that you speak of?

As a native northerner living down South, yeah, the craze over snow is ridiculous. That said, you gotta understand that here they don't have an army ofsnowplows and salt trucks ready to tackle every road like they have back up top. The main roads get attention, but all the little side streets and back roadsget no love whatsoever. And not to mention folks here can't drive during the summer, so you know with some slick roads all hell breaks loose.

Folks at work were going crazy so I joined in with them and we got our boss to let us go home early lol. In honesty though, tomorrow morning will be the worstb/c all the slush on the roads will be frozen and all these fools will be trying to get to work by 8am. So schools being shut down tomorrow is probably a goodidea, unless you want your kid in a bus on icy roads that will remain icy until the temps go up.

All that said, paid personal day ftw. My black +@$ will be in the bed--screw that drive to work tomorrow.

I think Alabama did it as an excuse just to celebrate the Tide winning. When I was in Council Bluffs, IA last year we had to go to class with like 8 inches ofsnow.

6" of snow and under 10 degrees here....I just got back from the bar.........

I remember driving from detroit to miami during what the south called "a snow storm" (less than an inch of snow) me and my boys were cruising at thespeed limit on the highway and laughing at people that were pulled over on the side of the road. Seeing cities shut down over an inch of snow was hilarious!!!!

Originally Posted by superblyTRIFE

As a native northerner living down South, yeah, the craze over snow is ridiculous. That said, you gotta understand that here they don't have an army of snowplows and salt trucks ready to tackle every road like they have back up top. The main roads get attention, but all the little side streets and back roads get no love whatsoever. And not to mention folks here can't drive during the summer, so you know with some slick roads all hell breaks loose.

Folks at work were going crazy so I joined in with them and we got our boss to let us go home early lol. In honesty though, tomorrow morning will be the worst b/c all the slush on the roads will be frozen and all these fools will be trying to get to work by 8am. So schools being shut down tomorrow is probably a good idea, unless you want your kid in a bus on icy roads that will remain icy until the temps go up.

All that said, paid personal day ftw. My black +@$ will be in the bed--screw that drive to work tomorrow.

That's another point, since the OP said
They were like you see this white part of the map over Peachtree street........don't even bother. I drove by and the roads were clear.

I'mma assume you in Atlanta too so you KNOW they can't drive on a regular day, imagine rush hour in snow. . .not a good look.

Back
Top Bottom